Bubblegum Deep Water Culture LED/CFL Grow!

Looking good!

On your new Pro-Grow 250, are you running both spectrums, or just the red.
I've been looking into the 140W version, to replace my 2 - 90W UFOs... HIDs have been the same basically for years, LEDs seem to be improving every few months, it's hard to keep up with it all.

Yea i am using both, i am not worried about the power bill at all with LED's so why not give them anything extra right? LED's are definitely the future IMO

Sweet! Just pulled the trigger and ordered a 140W. I wanted to go with the 250W like yours, but I've only got a 2'x3' space. Figure I'll use the UFOs for side lighting and ditch the CFLs.

Anyhow, glad to be tagging along on your grow! I see Deep Water Culture in my future...

Very cool, i am using my ufo for a 2nd area to veg plants in. It worked great for veg so why not get a head start on my next crop? lol. They are really enjoying the panel i have as side lighting, definitely go for it if you have the extra lights, why not leave the CFL's also? the more light the more bud right?

True! I'll be curious to see how warm the 140W gets. Just my UFOs and no exhaust fan, the cab is about 84ºF, when I dropped in the CFLs I needed to run the fan about 45 min. on 15 off to keep it around 82ºF (room ambient is about 70ºF). My goal would be a target running temp of 75-78º. I have one plant that is much more temperature sensitive than the other two.

I have a lot of exhaust but running my lights which is very similar to yours puts the closet about 3-4 degrees higher than room temp with lights on. If you are worried about temp then i would drop some of the CFL's, i left a couple to balance out the light spectrum as well as my UVB light

Put in new water today
day 21
ppm 1000
ph 5.75
air temp 77
water temp 68
humidity 42-52%

IMG_04675.jpg

IMG_04684.jpg

IMG_04698.jpg

IMG_04706.jpg

IMG_04714.jpg

IMG_04747.jpg

new light is up, i pulled the ufo, and then put the 55 watt panel on the wall to hit the lower stuff that doesnt get as strong of beams from the pg250, i also took out any of the cfls that were burning the plants

Seem like that light needs supplemental (side-) lighting?

Any chance you could hold the thing over an open space and check to see how high it needs to be to produce a 30 square foot footprint?

I am not really sure if it needs it or not, but i had the stuff so why not use it to get improved results? I can do that test for you but it will have to be next Saturday when i change out my water.

Hey dirwin,

Have you had a chance to put your light on a kill-a-watt meter yet? I'd be interested to see just how many watts your light is actually drawing.

Plants are comin' right along!

Thanks mate, ;)

-TL

How are my buds for this time in, with this being my first time i have nothing to compare them to? Are my lights doing what they are supposed to or do i need more lol?

More light is always better, maybe some CFL's pointed at the colas and/or bud sites you want to fatten up. If you can't, just let em grow and see how your results are. They really put the weight on the last couple of weeks.

Looking good bro. I added cfl's to my led and I'm seeing results already! Get mixed spectrums to get it all in there. Alot of soft white/2700k temp is great for flowering.

Back
Top Bottom