BigLo's Second Attempt *PC Deep Water Culture Grow* White Rhino

BigLo

So my first attempt had some highlights and some down falls, but a very big learning experience. I packed it in with my first grow after root rot killed my baby. Was it my fault? Totally! I got lazy after seeing some explosive growth after leaving the plant alone for 2 days. Bad idea! pH went sky high 7.5 and my res should have been flushed on day 7 since the last feeding. But nope I thought I knew it all and waited till day 10 and bad things happened. Well I'm here to say I've learned alot, but I dont know it all.

Ok so here we go with a second attempt. This time I started this thread in the Deep Water Culture room to make sure I get help from my Deep Water Culture. I didn't seem to have a big following in the grow journal forum so hopefully it's better here at home.

The run down:
Nirvana White Rhino
Is it Indica
Using a Stealth PC Deep Water Culture setup
Using 2 23w 6500k CFL's for veg and 2 23w 2700k CFL's for flowering
I have 1 90 cfm intake fan and 2 90 cfm exhaust fans
The PC cab temp averages between 75 and 80 w/lights on
The humidity is 50 to 60% w/lights on
This time around i'll be looking to keep my pH between 5.5 and 6.0
I'll be using Advanced Nute SensiGrow A&B with SensiCal/Mag Grow during Veg, and SensiBloom A&B with SensiCal/Mag Bloom during flowing.

I'll be following Advanced Nutes Feed schedule based on my res size. Since i only use 1/2 gallon of water I used there calculator to get a good feeding schedule.

Right now I have cleaned my res and currently have my rockwool and hydroton soaking in 5.0 water. I replaced my air and water tubes. Im about to soak my airstones and pump in 5.0 water overnight while I wait for my seed to pop.

BTW I will be calling my baby STUMPY for this grow! I figure if I give my plant a name good things will happen with this reattempt lol. :dreamy:

Thanks for the support guys. Just a little update. My seedling has just pocked his head out of the rockwool. Right now im working on keeping the pH between 5.5 and 5.9 and keeping my res temp between 64 and 75. I'm having to add a ice pack (every two hours when I can) in the res because the water pump is causing the res temp to rise up to 80 at the highest. I'm sure if I could find a bigger res that would fit in my PC that could hold at least a gallon of distilled water and have some space between the water and net pots that would give me more of a buffer. For now im stuck with a smaller res. I'll post some pics later.

Here is a pic update. This is stumpy 3 days out of the rockwool. Kinda small but looking good.

008275.JPG

007290.JPG

Update.. Its day 7 and I decided to pull the feeder tube and continue the grow as a DWC. The water pump was causing the res temps to stay above 80. With such a small res, and only using a little over 1/2 gallon of water its hard to keep the temp down. In the future when I decided to do a much bigger grow I will go back to using a water pump and feeder tubes.

Its day 10 and my converting to DWC has made some improvement. My res temp is staying in range (70 degrees) and roots have reached the res. I'm keeping my pH between 5.8 and 6.2. It does raise to 7 but thats normal.

There has been some big recovery and I notice new growth developing. I'll post up some picks later tonight.

Here are some updated pics... There is some nute burns on the first nodes because i sprayed the foliage with a water nute mix too many times i.e more than once a week lol. Im going to start nutes in a few days. Im using sensi grow a & b along with seni cal/mg grow since i'm using distilled water.

Grow_00122.JPG

Grow_00218.JPG

Well im already looking to go bigger my next grow...... I thinking of buying a homebox xxl. Has anyone used this grow tent before? If so how is the quality compared to growlab?

IMO cant beat the grow lab quality especially the hanging weight. I bought a lower grade and had a hard time hanging stuff due to weight. I mean I am using the mag xxxl and such but the GL's have I believe a 100lb max.

SG

IMO cant beat the grow lab quality especially the hanging weight. I bought a lower grade and had a hard time hanging stuff due to weight. I mean I am using the mag xxxl and such but the GL's have I believe a 100lb max.

SG

I noticed the price difference between the GL and HB so I wandering about the HB's overall quality. I think I'll end up going with a GL. Something in the range of 9x9x7.

I noticed the price difference between the GL and HB so I wandering about the HB's overall quality. I think I'll end up going with a GL. Something in the range of 9x9x7.

I jus got my 4x4x7, I mean I thought it was gonna be big, but damn. lol Just setup my hps today. I love it already.

SG

Back
Top Bottom