DIY CFL Deep Water Culture Grow A

I get 3. The original top with the trucated leaves and two encouraged side shoots. I feel jipped! LOL!
\

Yeah looks like I got at least 4 tops coming from that mistake.

I tried fimming and they were right f--- I missed was right on, however I did get two tops and I did this at least 4 times on the one plant it worked great unfortunatly I ended up with a very bushy male plant !! Oh well I will do it again and this time I'm DUE for all females !! I'm about 3 1/2 wks into flowering with my last female !! The pic that showed up above a few posts was about a 4-5 days ago it's fat'ning up nicely !! Just started the last 4 ak48 seeds last night, hope there all females this time .. And this time I left out the bubbler lines and just raised the water level so it's just splashing on the grow pots , less hassle having to get the pump out later...( well see ) :peace:

Good luck ol hippy I've read a lot of your posts and you definitely have some good karma coming your way. Hopefully you get 4 or 5 females this time.

DWC is cool if you know what you are doing and you do. I start mine all in the sh system and spread them out to the DWC tanks when they are ready but before they get too big. Roots in the water is my sign.

That sounds like the way to do it, all of the advantage of the feeder tubes is realized in the first couple of weeks so I feel the way you describe is right, get them going then move them out to where you want them to flower, 5 gallon buckets or where ever.

I tried fimming and they were right f--- I missed was right on, however I did get two tops and I did this at least 4 times on the one plant it worked great unfortunatly I ended up with a very bushy male plant !! Oh well I will do it again and this time I'm DUE for all females !! I'm about 3 1/2 wks into flowering with my last female !! The pic that showed up above a few posts was about a 4-5 days ago it's fat'ning up nicely !! Just started the last 4 ak48 seeds last night, hope there all females this time .. And this time I left out the bubbler lines and just raised the water level so it's just splashing on the grow pots , less hassle having to get the pump out later...( well see ) :peace:

I agree man, you're way due, never give up!

Thanks FryingPan, I was ready to pitch everything after my 2nd last went male, and my last lady I overnuted and scared the hell out of me.. I was trying to boost the nitrogen in the flowering cycle and ended up with way too much nitrogen and not nearly enough potasium..... live and learn !! But shes comming around so I didn't hurt anything Just started my second grow will see how that turns out !! You should be getting pretty close to harvest by now eh ?? Bet there lookin good !! Well time for my next favorite thing , my dentist !! damn I had to cancel the last 2 apointments so this should be fun !!

Thanks FryingPan, I was ready to pitch everything after my 2nd last went male, and my last lady I overnuted and scared the hell out of me.. I was trying to boost the nitrogen in the flowering cycle and ended up with way too much nitrogen and not nearly enough potasium..... live and learn !! But shes comming around so I didn't hurt anything Just started my second grow will see how that turns out !! You should be getting pretty close to harvest by now eh ?? Bet there lookin good !! Well time for my next favorite thing , my dentist !! damn I had to cancel the last 2 apointments so this should be fun !!

Again, good luck man! With the dentist I mean. lol

Back with a smile !! No bad news from the dentist is always good news, now to get a little toasted before my girlfriend comes home , I think she has plans for me this afternoon, and it involves work !! I've been using one of those grinders that catch the kief in the bottom, I think I'll see what's in there !!:ganjamon:

Yeah MC she can tell than she gets her feelings hurt cause I didn't wait for her !! I just have to tell her, sorry us unemployed people have needs ! We need to get high ! often !! :bong:

Thank for the prop Proverbs I appreciate.
Damn them Pakistani clippers must be freaky if you need directions. Sorry I couldn't resist that one. I'm just playing.

This is the light setup I made they are 8 42 watt CFL 6 are 5100K and 2 are 2700K. I started them about a foot from the sprouts and moved em down slowly to where they are now about 2 inches above the girls. I believe they come to 21000 Lumens. You can see above I added a little bit of side (or in this case front) lighting last night to try and get those lower leaves.
Photo0085.jpg

Nice light setup!! I love homemade stuff! What size PVC is that?

You should get a heat blanket from wally world or some mylar and make a reflector to go above the lamps. I made some reflectors from a heat blanket and a project poster board and it works like a charm. It only cost like $4!!!

Bubble2_121.jpg

Bubble2_126.jpg

Bubble2_128.jpg

Anxiety medicine at it's finest and non-addicting too!

And they don't screw up anything else! The pain meds are damaging my liver. No probs with ganja!

It is simply amazing, an herb which grow naturally in the ground is illegal but drugs cooked up by scientists in a lab are prescribed like candy (as long as they are backed by a big drug company).

It is simply amazing, an herb which grow naturally in the ground is illegal but drugs cooked up by scientists in a lab are prescribed like candy (as long as they are backed by a big drug company).

Yeah, the guys making the money own the government so we can't wait for the legislatures to do it. We've got to pass the laws ourselves, a mandate from the people is what they need to get off their collective asses.

Nice light setup!! I love homemade stuff! What size PVC is that?

Thanks 1984

I have an unrolled galvanized pipe, like they use for a dryer for a reflector you can see it in this pic. It comes unrolled so you just have to cut it to length with some tin snips.
Photo0086.jpg

here is the link, mine is 7" around instead of 8"IMPERIAL at Lowe's: 8" x 24" Galvanized Pipe

The pvc is 1", the 2 dollar sockets you can pick up at home depot or lowes fit snugly in the 1" pvc T's if you wrap them in a bit of electrical tape. You can then rotate the T's up or down independently of each other to give yourself a little flexibility. I attached the pipe with zip ties and drilled holes in the top to fit the pvc and romex through. If people are interested I will put up some better pics of the light. I will probably do so anyway and post it in the CFL section so others can use this idea.

damn MataGrowa every time i stop by you have went and made something great, I would love some more pics of your light rig and maybe even a parts list. :nicethread::goodjob:

At some point I'm gonna build me one of those. Good mix on the lights with the 5100k and 2700K's. The thing I don't know is how to wire from socket to socket but I'd bet it just match the color code of the wire straight through from one socket to another till you get to the down plug. Dad was an electrician for the RR but that talent skipped a generation or two.

Do your 42 watt get hot? The 5100's I bought don't have vents in the ballast and they can get close to the heat of my 105's which are vented.

At some point I'm gonna build me one of those. Good mix on the lights with the 5100k and 2700K's. The thing I don't know is how to wire from socket to socket but I'd bet it just match the color code of the wire straight through from one socket to another till you get to the down plug. Dad was an electrician for the RR but that talent skipped a generation or two.

Do your 42 watt get hot? The 5100's I bought don't have vents in the ballast and they can get close to the heat of my 105's which are vented.

I put 2 of the 42 watt cfl's in grow box and the temps stayed right around the same:yummy:

You must have had the vented 42's. I judge heat on cfl's by how long I can hold onto them without getting burnt. The record for mine is about 1.35 seconds! Bought over the net and cheap for a reason ( about $6 each I think).

HA! I do this also! Hahaha :bongrip:

Although, Maybe guitar stops me from feeling the heat.... Because my 26 Watters I can hold onto while they are on and have almost no discomfort... Perhaps I'm slightly medicated? Anywho!

Things are looking great Meta! WOO! I am gonna make a mother box, and may copy that light you have there. Beast!:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom