Deep Water Culture Grow Journal, 1st Timer, No Experience

Re: Deep Water Culture Grow Journal, 1st timer, No exp..

If I were you I would drain a gallon. To that gallon I would add about 1/4 of your current dose. You are running at about 1/2 the dose right now and we want to inch it up over the next 3-4 days. Add the w/4 nutes today and then wait a couple of days and see how they respond. If they look good after 3 days give them another 1/4 dose. When you do your next res change do a full dose.

What nutes are your using and are you using the SH tank or DIY? I can give it to you in ML/TSP when I know.

Pink roots are nothing to worry about. Some strains just do that. Usually happens on the tips or right at the water line

Great advice, MC.

The Tutorial and what comes with the kit says that the SH VEG nutes leave a slight green tint and the Flowering nutes leave a slight Pink tint to the roots.

Does she look like she is hurting too bad? All the quotes you have were from awhile ago haha i wont top flowers, that was before they even showed their sex haha

Picture update: 7 weeks total age. went 12/12 about 4 weeks ago. Didnt show female till about 1.5 weeks ago. Ph has been all over so it hasnt been growing fast as one might think. But im not sure ive never done it before so i have nothin
to compare her growth to.

Photo0227.jpeg

Photo0228.jpeg

update pic bump

SH ph down. And i use about .2 g per gallon. but it probably doesnt help i use tap water that has around 300ppm and the ph reading was 7.5! idk maybe i should start buying RO water by the gallon?

2 tenths gram per gallon? After reading ten pages of this thread, I don't think you are reading or following the Deep Water Culture Tutorial . MC and FPF are giving you great advice here as well as others too.

Basically you use enough of the pH Down to get the pH where you want it.
And the climb you mention over a few days often happens everyday.

Rose, i tried that a few res changes ago, using ph down a whole day to try to get it where it has to be but it just gunked up my water to the point where i had to emergency flush. i was just askin you if my girl looked too bad for where im at, I didnt ask you to go into my thread and tell me i am an idoit. Frustrating. makes me wnat to shut my computer and stop trying to just get a simple "looks good" or "try to get shit under control". goodness, sorry for askin Wont happen again.

No one worry about my PH i cant do shit about it cuz im almost out anyway so whatever ill just throw it in a dumpster

Miller162,

I know it is frustrating some time growing these plants. Let it rise as it will until you get some more PH down and then just go about your business of managing the grow. You've come too far to let a little thing like a ph problem get you down. The plant looks nice and it can certainly survive just fine until then.

i really just cant get it to whre it needs to be. I am going to get Liquid ph down this time around and i need more h2o2 i go through this solid stuff too fast to get my ph where it needs to be. and i wasted most of the ph down on One specific incident when i had to flush the next day cuz Gunk pretty much infested my Res, like bad. But yeah ill keep trying, i just have this overwhelming feeling of confusion and frustration when i keep getting reminded of everything i cant do right. I just wanted the experence of harvesting a girl, i know it wont be perfect AT all, tryin my hardest to counter these problems. and It is frustrating when im told i havent read any forums its insulting because im constantly viewing forums and try to apply them to my own but its malarky to say i didnt Read anything

When you are a new grower things can get really frustrating. I use to feel as you do now but I found that patience is the key to a successfull grow. Things don't happen fast in nature most of the time and that allows you to see a problem, figure out what to do and then just do it in a timely manner. Your plant will be fine. With all the problems you have had the plant has survived and thrived and will continue to do so. It's a weed and can handle a lot and that is to your advantage. Peace.

Thanks Mc, Ok im hopping offline for awhile you are right and i just gotta chill out, medicate, etc. Nice to see someone with a huge rep Can actually talk to me instead of coming off as someone who sits on a high horse and cant empathize what it feels like to be asking questions that sometimes cant be answered, other than be patent or let it do what it does. I like that, its almost more stressful to hear "do this" "do that", and also you dont misinturpet my questions. So i sincerely thank you for that.

Picture update: 7 weeks total age. went 12/12 about 4 weeks ago. Didnt show female till about 1.5 weeks ago. Ph has been all over so it hasnt been growing fast as one might think. But im not sure ive never done it before so i have nothin
to compare her growth to.

Photo0227.jpeg

Photo0228.jpeg

pic bump.

As you can see on the pics, your plants are doing their thing no matter what you did to them in the past. You'll have buds before you know it. Plant is blooming, you have lots of bud sites and the plant is open so light will get down as far as it can. Good things are coming.

Each of us has our own communications skill set and what is good for one person is not for another. Some growers require step by step direction and some need the same info in another form. It's all good and you have a lot of people helping you. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Yo Miller! Sorry to see your bummin this morning. I've been there, so let's see if we can't get this shit chillin right. I had many issues if you read my thread, algae, PH problems, gnats, I ended up killing 4 babies it got so bad. You have your pretty far along, so we just need to get the water stabalized so you can relax. I got mine stabalized, and the stress is much better.

When I was having all of my issues, I decided to change from SH products to Advanced nutes, and General Hydro liquid PH down. I also stopped using h2o2. I don't know for sure that I was having algae the last few weeks of using h2o2, but it looked like some kind of reaction from the h2o2 and the nutes. (thanks MC for the recomendation on that) With these changes, my water stabalized. I've been pretty good since. The PH changes a bit, but that's normal with a gallon of water being consumed daily.

I think maybe running clean PH'd water for a couple days while you wait for your new PH down to come in might help out a bit. Instead of using h2o2, try one of the 'zymes. I have read people who really like the algae killers they use, and swear by them. I think the h2o2 can help, but can also cause other issues. At least it seemed that way to me. Sorry I don't have a recommendation for the algae killers, hopefully someone else does.

Your plant has come very far already, and she doen't seem to be to upset, so things are still very good over all. We can get this shit worked out, and then you can be happy, and relaxed. It's nice to be able to wait 7 days between drains. I know this too good.:grinjoint:

Miller Ive been where your at, My JC2 plants were so stunted. Almost killed them most days...

Just stick with it man!

I will tell you what's working for me in my bubble grow. :thumb:

I use AN nutes I believe like most grower's on this site all nutes are not made equal however we can make all them work to a point provided we use a ppm meter.

I run 600-700 ppm in bloom using AN sensi A&B bloom
I run 300-500 ppm in veg AN sensi A&B grow
I ph down with AN ph down to 5.6 then let it rise slowly to 6.5 or so then I ph back down ,AN ph down bottle is heavy! You don't need much a few drops and you see results...
I run AN sensizyme in both veg and bloom {AN just changed this so follow them not me, I will keep running it}
I also use a product from petsmart it's called algaefix when my ph was out of control I did a flush and used this at the full rate in ph water, it removed all signs of the algae, and I still use a little in all the buckets and my flood table. H2o2 did little for my problem this worked... And it has a low ph so add it before your ph down so you don't OD it!

Your plants look fine man! Your a first timer, take it easy! This can really be fun "when you get it" the only loss you will suffer, is if you learn nothing from it!

Remember not all strains like, all growing methods! :peacetwo:

Thanks for the support everyone, + reps everyone if i could.

Back
Top Bottom