Deep Water Culture Grow Journal, 1st Timer, No Experience

Re: Deep Water Culture Grow Journal, 1st timer, No exp..

hey i was wonderin if anyone out there has Ph issues. Ill bring it to 5.8, when i flush, then within a few days it will be up to 7.1 but the issue is when i add ph down, it doesnt even go down.

SH ph down. And i use about .2 g per gallon. but it probably doesnt help i use tap water that has around 300ppm and the ph reading was 7.5! idk maybe i should start buying RO water by the gallon?

SH ph down. And i use about .2 g per gallon. but it probably doesnt help i use tap water that has around 300ppm and the ph reading was 7.5! idk maybe i should start buying RO water by the gallon?

Hey M.

Just going to give you a rough guide here. My tap water starts out at about 7.2. I'm doing about 13 gallons. It takes me anywhere from 25-40ml, after nutes to bring it down into the mid-fives.

I don't know your exact measurement of .2, but perhaps it's just not enough. I used to use the powder, but switched to liquid PH Down and have found it much easier to work with.

Hope this helps!

Great growing man!
Sf

i think im gonna get the liquid solution from SH cuz this solid crystal like stuff just gets my ppm so high when i try getting it where it needs to be. now after a flush i have it at 6.8 still high but its better than 7 some

Yeah, I switched to General Hydro liquid PH down and it made things really easy. My water is about 8.0 and 300 ppm, it would swing wild with the dry stuff. Now it pretty much stays in the right range.

The trick with the ph down powder is to mix it up well in some warmish water. When I used it, I mixed a batch and let it sit overnight and then shook the hell out of it before adding. Sometimes I even ran it through a tea strainer to catch any "chunks" but I stopped that when I stopped finding chucks after my mixing.

So on a different website i heard of this guy who bought a gallon of sulferic acid and a gallon of distilled water. he would replace one cup of distilled water with one cup of the sulferic acid.
He said it worked wonders but i also dont know if "battery acid" is a good cheap way to make ph down. what do you guys think. He said it didnt do any damage at all and that all ph down liquids are made by some form of acid watered down with distilled water. thanks.

ok thanks guys, that why i asked. no no then. reps if i can

edit-SF i owe you one

i wanna wait till the one gal really is showing her beauty. its still kind of hard to pick up the hair on my camera, its not the best resolution. but again my ph is always high which i fear is resulting to a slow growth as a reaction.

anyone have input on this question. What happens to the growth if ph is consistanty too high? i just measured in at 7.4 and im almost out of ph down....which isnt effect anyway apparently. I think im going to buy GH ph down....its like 20 bucks with shipping i guess. but what will happen if it stays high? nute lock? it still seems to be growing but just ph isnt where i want it...ever

You may start to develop defieciencies. Certain nutes are taken up at different ph's. Nothing that can't be corrected with some good ph down. When your PH down comes in bring the ph back slowly. I'd do a res change about that time, ph it down and then adjust with a micro dosage of about 5ml per res full and do it several times a day if necessary. The trick with ph adjustment from high levels is not to overreact and try to do it all at once. The stuff that caused the ph rise reacts with a "Boing" when you try to force it down. You need to step it down to avoid that reaction.

yeah ive been doin that, adding a little scoop ever 5 hours i check up on it. but dam its hard work to keep an eye and to constantly have the thought in my mind that she cant take in nutes that she normally would around 5.5 plus im almost out of ph down, the solid stuff from sh...wanna get GH ph down like a quart.

I was running 350 or so in my tap and stopped when it got to 500ppm during the winter. Using bought RO water now. No telling what is in your 250 water that is causing the reaction but it's probably calcium. Calcium is in the water but not available to your plants since it is in too big of chucks for it to digest. Could be something else but that was my problem. With using that water you are always going to have a reaction and using the micro add method is the only way I've been able to control it when I was using tap.

Picture update: 7 weeks total age. went 12/12 about 4 weeks ago. Didnt show female till about 1.5 weeks ago. Ph has been all over so it hasnt been growing fast as one might think. But im not sure ive never done it before so i have nothin
to compare her growth to.

Photo0227.jpeg

Photo0228.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom