Another Crazy Medical Marijuana Lie From the Drug Czar

Our friends at MPP just caught the drug czar literally editing out the most important part of the American Medical Association's new position on medical marijuana. According to a new ONDCP "factsheet":

The American Medical Association: "To help facilitate scientific research and the development of cannabionoid-based medicines, the AMA adopted (a) new policy ... This should not be viewed as an endorsement of state-based medical cannabis programs, the legalization of marijuana, or that scientific evidence on the therapeutic use of cannabis meets the current standards for a prescription drug product."

Notice how it doesn't say what the "new policy..." actually is? That's because the original quote says, "the AMA adopted new policy urging the federal government to review marijuana's status as a Schedule I substance." Leaving that part out isn't just confusing and dishonest; it looks ridiculous.

If it's now ok to use ellipses to pervert policy positions, maybe I'll just take AMA's statement and do this with it:

"This should...be viewed as an endorsement of state-based medical cannabis programs, the legalization of marijuana, [and] that scientific evidence on the therapeutic use of cannabis meets the current standards for a prescription drug product."

Yeah, I like the sound of that. But I'm not going to print it on a "factsheet," because it's not true.

As accustomed as I am to seeing the drug czar's office routinely deploying these sorts of sleazy semantic deceptions, I'm genuinely awed by this one. They buried the lead so blatantly that anyone who reads it ought to just end up wondering what the hell AMA's "new policy" on medical marijuana actually is. And once Google answers that question in a half-second, you might as well have just told the truth or scrubbed AMA off the site altogether like I suggested weeks ago.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: StoptheDrugWar.org
Author: Scott Morgan
Copyright: 2009 StoptheDrugWar.org
Website: Another Crazy Medical Marijuana Lie From the Drug Czar

And the deception continues. :roorrip:

Distorting the facts yet again are we?

Listen, Gil. People know the truth. People are starting to get antsy. We're tired of government sponsored bullshit. Ellipsing out what you don't like to hear isn't going to work anymore, 'cause if you didn't know, people knew about this months before you even gave mention to it. You might have just as well as lied to our faces. This sort of thing isn't going to go down nicely.

I am getting fucking tired of this nonsense, this injustice, these lies, and bigoted, self-serving politicians. When's the next ganja protest in Ohio?

Give em hell Odd!! :roorrip:

Its used as medicine in like 13 states and like 5 more are getting there another 7 have legalized hemp and in about a year it just might be legal for recreational use in California, so that's it Gil time to find something else to vilify.

Man, you guys are harsh. Maybe the drug czar has a similar command of the English language as president George W. Bush. Did it ever occur to you that federal bureaucrats could be liguistically retarded? Or that maybe being gramatically challenged is a pre-requisite for maintaining the status quo of a gestapo paranoid paradigm? Nah, me neither. I am thankful this holiday season that I have a mmj card, reside in CA and can't go to prison for growing a few plants. Here's hoping that we all keep working together to decriminalize/regulate mother nature's gift to mankind.:cheer:

Wasn't there another historical figure which twisted government findings and other things of that nature to fit his ideals and the way he wanted public opinion to be going...

I think his name rhymed with Thegolf Mitler?

hahahhhhaaaaaaa,,yeah, i guess we ARE harsh..lol :roorrip:

maybe a little harsh but I believe we have more than the right to be. Ever been thrown in a cage for a plant?

This is a violation of Federal Information Quality Act

ASA has a lawsuit pending to stop all this crap. The oral argument was before the 9th circuit in April 2009.

There's been no decision that I know of, but this would stop half the crap with NIDA and their kind (which would be a huge win for THE kind)

Wasn't there another historical figure which twisted government findings and other things of that nature to fit his ideals and the way he wanted public opinion to be going...

I think his name rhymed with Thegolf Mitler?

and then there was Anslinger, j edgar hoover, nixon, carter,regan, bushI ,clinton, bushII, obama............

and then there was Anslinger, j edgar hoover, nixon, carter,regan, bushI ,clinton, bushII, obama............

yeah, i know, its basically a politicians job to lie to the people, but using mitler as a comparison to an American politician vs using other american politicians has kick. We all know that those names you put up lie, but historically, mitler is still regarded as evil. Makes more of an impact for a one liner.

yeah, i know, its basically a politicians job to lie to the people, but using mitler as a comparison to an American politician vs using other american politicians has kick. We all know that those names you put up lie, but historically, mitler is still regarded as evil. Makes more of an impact for a one liner.
Keep in mind that war history is written and slanted by the victor and some US politicians are no better than "mitler".

personally...

i have used the hitler/nazi comparison many times in the past i try not to use it any longer. it just seems over the top to me. as bad as things seem we fall far short of their atrocities. i think making those sorts of comparisons aren't really necessary when we have the truth on our side and can use it to refute their lies.

Thats true, the truth thing. The only problem is even if we have the truth, they can always put fingers in their ears and go "la la la la la la i cant hear you la la" like they have been.

The mitler thing wasn't really an argument from me, like i said, just quick quip to poke fun at the system.

I live in a rural central CA city - 45 minutes south of San Jose, where a guy wants to open a medical marijuana dispensary. The city council jumped to the conclusion that marijuana is against federal law therefore the city shouldn't give the applicant due process to have his application studied. (And there are rumors that the mayor used to deal weed when he was younger and has gang tatoos - apparently, he got right with the Lord and goes to the same fundamentalist church as the chief of police these days). The local press jumped right on their bandwagon. So the lies do continue and trickle down to jurisdictions that would otherwise be suitable for marijuana dispensaries. The terminally ill and chronically ill patients will have to continue to drive to Santa Cruz county or other points north to legally obtain their medicine (or I suppose they could support the mayor's family and buy it illegally in town). Point being that the lies continue and subjugate the ignorant. California will lead the country with a ballot measure to decriminalize/regulate cannabis next year. :slide:

Back
Top Bottom