Any help appreciated

Lou118

420 Member
Any suggestions? Day 18 - is this something to worry about?

Feed - per litre
Micro - 1.5ml
Grow - 1.5ml
Bloom - 1ml
Cal mag - 1ml
PPM tap water - 270
PPM - 840 with nutes
PPM run off - 390

Coco / perlite 30%
PH - 5.5 to 5.8
(Pen is calibrated)

1000w light hung - 66cm

Attachments

• 20200626_205317.jpg
    20200626_205317.jpg
    789.8 KB · Views: 45
Sorry should of been more specific, I'm referring to the yellowing. Seems to be growing fine just looks like a mg deficiency but in such a young plant? And I'm using 1ml calmag per litre?

I'm not a coco grower but i think you want your PH around 6.2 to 6.4.
I use coco.
If I ph my feed bucket to 5.8 the soil ph will be about 6.5 -- I have a hell of a time getting the soil ph down to where 'the book' says it should be. My girls don't seem to mind, I've seen soil ph as high as 6.8, and yet, my girls don't mind.
Unless OP has a SOIL Ph meter ... what you put in really doesn't matter all that much. I think that coco has a 'mind' of it's own and will settle ph where ever the hell it wants to.
Wanna drive yourself mad? Get a SOIL ph meter, then start measuring the 'run off' ph.
Hehehe. You will pull all your hair out.

Your plant looks hungry.
Agree.
The only pix we got is one old leaf .. prolly one of the original ones.
Looks light toward the center and darker as it gets to the tip.
That tells me that it was being fed properly; and now it's hungry.

OP: Get a Ph pen (good one will cost about $100) and a ppm pen (cheap ones work just fine for $10) and learn when and how and why to use them.
Feed your girls between 600 and 1000 ppm depending on their stage of life.

Agree.
The only pix we got is one old leaf .. prolly one of the original ones.
Looks light toward the center and darker as it gets to the tip.
That tells me that it was being fed properly; and now it's hungry.

OP: Get a Ph pen (good one will cost about $100) and a ppm pen (cheap ones work just fine for $10) and learn when and how and why to use them.
Feed your girls between 600 and 1000 ppm depending on their stage of life.
I respectfully disagree.

With daily feedings in coco, lighter feeding strength works best........600 ppm would be max at any stage of growth in coco. I refer you to the feeding chart I attached in post #9.

I use MaxiBloom, and 1 tsp. per gallon is considered full strength.......last grow the strongest I ever used was 1/3 tsp.
I have never owned a ppm meter and spending $100 on a pH pen that needs calibrating isn't necessary either IMO......I've used the pH drops for over 25 years without issue.

600 ppm would be max at any stage of growth in coco.
Yea, well, I let my girls tell me. And they do.
I tend to fert until I see the tips of the leaves starting to brown, edges curl ... then I back off. And, I mean JUST starting. That's the girl saying "I'm full dad. Can't eat any more, full." I believe her and back off; but she has to ask.

So, if you look at my records the month may look like this:

ppm/ph
-------------
1100/6.2
950/5.8
complain over feed, so drop to 600/5.8
650/6.1
400/6.0
400/5.8
600/5.9
700/6.2
800/6.1
1000/6.0
skip wet
1000/5.6
skip wet
complaining about overfeed so 600/6.0
600/5.5
400/6.1
500/6.0
skip/wet
800/5.9
800/5.7
400/5.9
900/6.2

Note that I don't feed them if they're not taking it. If they wet, then they not taking up fluids no point in getting them wetter and risking root rot.

It's kind of like skipping a rock over the surface of a smooth lake. I want to get real close to 'too much' without going over. I want the girls fat but healthy.

Seems to be growing fine just looks like a mg deficiency but in such a young plant? And I'm using 1ml calmag per litre?
Did you prepare/buffer your coco before planting? Coco is notorious for cal/mag deficiencies if not buffered first. This is due to the high cation exchange of coco stripping just about all the calcium and magnesium from your nutrients if it was not properly buffered first.

Back
Top Bottom