Any idea on what this is?

Mertall

Got 2 girls there 3 weeks into flower and there turning yellowish? The buds don't seem to be doing alot. I have 3 the same in another tent and there booming.
420-magazine-mobile939566219.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1709870877.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1673282334.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2110651499.jpg
these are the 2 that's don't seem happy.
420-magazine-mobile352194946.jpg
these 3 seem to be loving life. All veg and flipped at the same time.

Hi Mertall, could you post pictures under normal white lighting? It will make it a lot easier to diagnose your problem.

If the affected leaves are at the top of the plant it could be a calcium/magnesium/iron issue, they're all linked.

Are you in soil? What's your pH? And are you running a cal-mag agent? Is your light far enough from the tops?

I hope you find an answer
Peace

I'll get some pics when the lights are off. The yellowing is at the top mostly I think. I have just moved the light abit further away from the plants. There in soil. To be fair I don't know the ph but never had an issue before. The buds on these 2 are super small and don't seem to be doing any thing really.

https://www.420maga

zine.com/mobile-gallery/420-magazine-mobile1600480045.jpg
420-magazine-mobile918726156.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1498817746.jpg
these some pics with lights off

Hi mertall
Looks like you got a lock out of nutes, could b caused by ph being of or a build up of salts (nutes locked in the soil, unusable).
What I would do is flush your soil with lots of plain water ph'd to 6.4.. wash some of those salts out of soil..when that's done you can ad back a weaker than normal amount of feed if want..she looks quite close to finnish, how long has she been in flower?
Happy growing

Am guessing calmag as well. Do i also see signs of heat stress?

She for 4 weeks left to flower. It's so strange the other 3 are doing amazing and all have had the same treatment. Only feed I have used is the hessi yellow in veg green up to 3 weeks flower and green and blue from them till now. I have moved the lights abit higher.

I had 5 in one tent 2 of them started to fall behind, I took those 2 out and put them in their own tent. They don't seem to be developing aswel as the others tho.

I'm fairly confident that you've got

a combination of iron, calcium and magnesium deficiency going on. Are you using a cal mag agent at all?

Hi caconym
U are correct definitely a deficiency...but sometimes later in the grow a build up of salts in the soil cause lock out, which in turn causes the plant not to be able to access the nutes so the deficiency appears.
So to correct the deficiency, 2 things . 1add more nutes, but if there's a lock out, thst won't improve the situation (can't use them)
2 so the safest thing to do is flush old salt and nutes out, then add back the stuff it needs at the correct PH...double problem solved.
Happy growing.

Ok cheers so flushing it is. Stupid que

stion how to I check the soil ph?

Mertall
I never really check ph on the way out of soil...I put faith in, if u put enough plain ph'd water through the plant at 6.4 ph, up to ×3 the amount of soil u have, this in turn buffers the soil to around that level....then you can give it a small feed with all the missing stuff (calmag, nutes and roots) after still at 6.4 ph.by then you're soil will b in and around that ph.
happy growing

So would you suggest a good flush then light nutes. I don't know how to deal with other deficiency tho? Any ideas on what to add to help with this? Or is it just best to flush and let recover for now?

Yes, I think the flushing plan is where to start as others say...I think the key though is that you PH the water. As you know, flowering requires potassium so if it were me I'd be finding a way to increase the K portion of your nutes.

If you don't have a PH pen or test strips now the time to add PH tools to your arsenal.

So again if it were me, flush with 2 or 3 times the volume of soil of water PHed to 6 - 6.5 finish with my normal amount of PHed water and a light mix of the nutes I was feeding but increase the K or bloom nutes above my previous feed mix.

Does that make sense?

I used Hesi Bloom on my last run and ran into similar issues to you, all the input here is solid. Give them a really good flush with pHed water (I found some bottled water with low dissolved solids and pH 6.4 which meant I could be lazy and buy it in) and add a cal mag and a PK to your nutrient mix as the Hesi Bloom is a bit low if I recall correctly. This worked for me.

Good luck!

Yes kind of makes sense, what do you mean k portion? Sorry never really had any issues like this befor
e so never had a worry.

You said earlier that you had separate veg and flower nutes.i wasn't familiar with the brand, but the flowering bottle should have the higher P-k in it already...once you have flushed the soil and have good ph, the plant should be able to access the flower nutes you put back in (also at 6.4 PH)...sometimes you need to add extra calmag (strain dependent).

I suggest when you put the flower nutes back in, doing it maybe at 1/2 to 2/3 the manufacturer guide dose.always around 6.4PH....you can get products that have extra p-k boosters for this time in flowering, loads on market, flower boosters.some even come with pretty pictures on.lol

Back
Top Bottom