Any way to fix crappy taste?

Stoneface Jack

Maybe I shouldn't say taste yet. I got some CBD dominant weed grown by a licensed producer and it smells like shit. Actual shit. For a minute there I thought there must be actual faeces in the jar.

I asked around, and I only found one guy who would admit to both buying and vaping it, and he said it tastes just like it smells.
Is there any way to fix this? Or at least hide the flavour?

I'm really hoping I can still vape it, I'm trying to figure out whether or not it's worth growing a CBD plant indoors this winter, or outside next season.

Check out "water curing".
It will strip out all flavanoids, terpins, but leaves the tricom's intact. You can even add a mint leaf to the process for added flavor.
Only issue is keeping the water at optimal temperature so you don't lose the tricom's.
Good luck

Altho many will disagree on what I’m going to say.... weed is an accumulator so yes flavor and taste can be manipulated in a number of ways when a plant is growing or after the chop has been completed. When a plant is growing it can pick up notes of flavor from the soil, air or water the plant is exposed to during the grow cycle. I battled fungus gnats and for weeks I sprinkled the soil with cinnamon.... can you guess what that did? Ever hear of ona gel flavored bud? Yep it’s a thing, sounds really nasty and I’m sure it was an unintended consequence, but I maintain it can be flavored or manipulated by additives in the soil, air or water. Also after a plant has been cut the flavor and taste can be manipulated by storing it with a scented item like orange peels, lime peels, clove, cinnamon etc. I’m not saying this is everyone’s cup of tea just that it can be done

There are thousands of strains of both THC and cbd dominant plants but the flavor of a future cbd plant shroud be fine unless you are saving seeds from the shit tasting strain and even then you would need really bad luck to hit on the exact same pheno. My last couple of grows have ended in disaster so I’ve been hitting in the same Paki Valley cobs for a long time such that my taste buds don’t appreciate it any more, so I mix a little cbd from another strain in along with to alter the flavor

Maybe I shouldn't say taste yet. I got some CBD dominant weed grown by a licensed producer and it smells like shit. Actual shit. For a minute there I thought there must be actual faeces in the jar.

I asked around, and I only found one guy who would admit to both buying and vaping it, and he said it tastes just like it smells.

I'm really hoping I can still vape it, I'm trying to figure out whether or not it's worth growing a CBD plant indoors this winter, or outside next season.
From what I've found, high CBD plants do smell and taste slightly different.
That's mostly all I've ever grown and found it on all of them. They never smell like actual shite :laugh: but they haven't been as potent smelling and tasting as a normal strain.

All you can do is make edibles.. couldn't be vaping no poop flavoured pot :laugh:

Altho many will disagree on what I’m going to say.... weed is an accumulator so yes flavor and taste can be manipulated in a number of ways when a plant is growing or after the chop has been completed. When a plant is growing it can pick up notes of flavor from the soil, air or water the plant is exposed to during the grow cycle. I battled fungus gnats and for weeks I sprinkled the soil with cinnamon.... can you guess what that did? Ever hear of ona gel flavored bud? Yep it’s a thing. Also after a plant has been cut the flavor and taste can be manipulated by storing it with a scented item like orange peels, lime peels, clove, cinnamon etc. I’m not saying this is everyone’s cup of tea just that it can be done

There are thousands of strains of both THC and cbd dominant plants but the flavor of a future cbd plant shroud be fine unless you are saving seeds from the shit tasting strain and even then you would need really bad luck to hit on the exact same pheno. My last couple of grows have ended in disaster so I’ve been hitting in the same Paki Valley cobs for a long time such that my taste buds don’t appreciate it any more, so I mix a little cbd from another strain in along with to alter the flavor
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I bought the CBD weed to see if CBD does anything for me. If I can't vape it I'll have to buy some more to find out. I'll try storing it with some citrus peel, it's massively overdried anyway, so that might help.
Knowing my luck it'll come out smelling like tang made with diarrhea.
All you can do is make edibles.. couldn't be vaping no poop flavoured pot :laugh:
Oh my fucking god. I just imagined what decarbing it would probably smell like...

Yeah mix other stuff in it. Like good hash....

Can use it to cut other weed with.
Orange peels wouldn't hurt.

But this isn't because its CBD it just happens to be the terpenes present in this particular cultivar, could even be this phenotype of this particular cultivar.

I've only had one plant have sad taste, that was a 1:1 that was 10/10 CBD/THC. It was called Nightingale and it tasted like cardboard in a joint, BUT tasted fairly decent in a vaporizer.

One of the best tasting cultivars I've had is a predominantly CBD cultivar called Honey Peach CBD.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I bought the CBD weed to see if CBD does anything for me. If I can't vape it I'll have to buy some more to find out. I'll try storing it with some citrus peel, it's massively overdried anyway, so that might help.

Oh my fucking god. I just imagined what decarbing it would probably smell like...

I've grown a few high CBD strains in the past couple of years. All are really oily and smell like.....not anything that I would want to smoke. Kill it with alcohol and "tinctur" is the only way to go.

Hi Stoneface jack,

sorry for asking but why?...From what i know about CBD plants is that its the by product of creating Auto flowers and CBD is the cannabinoide of the Runderalis plant....Which you can smoke till the cows come home and still dont get high/stoned because that stuff has no Psychotropics in it like THC

Now Breeders got stuck with CBD rich strains after breeding their Autoflowers and had to find a market for it and started hyping CBD strains

Some honest breeders have been advertising with that its a less potent weed with promoting it to the less experienced upstarting smokers or to people who use while working and who have to keep a clear head etc

and after reading what it smells like....i'd rather stop smoking than ever buy that stuff

Hi Stoneface jack,

sorry for asking but why?...From what i know about CBD plants is that its the by product of creating Auto flowers and CBD is the cannabinoide of the Runderalis plant....Which you can smoke till the cows come home and still dont get high/stoned because that stuff has no Psychotropics in it like THC

Now Breeders got stuck with CBD rich strains after breeding their Autoflowers and had to find a market for it and started hyping CBD strains

Some honest breeders have been advertising with that its a less potent weed with promoting it to the less experienced upstarting smokers or to people who use while working and who have to keep a clear head etc

and after reading what it smells like....i'd rather stop smoking than ever buy that stuff
I found a bean in a batch of cbd buds. And I grew it, it looked good and smelled even better, and tasted like hay! Garbage! I don’t understand the hype. Well ya I do, it’s dumb laws and $. Idiots. I was mad a few years ago about the auto flowers jacking up the gene pool some of us have tried so hard to manipulate. It seems like some people want to work backwards!

In reality CBD works synergistically with THC and other cannabinoids.
CBD is a strong anti-inflammatory and works really good for pain relief especially in combination with THC.
So while your young and stupid its nice to just want the high and nothing else, but once you get older your tune will change.

Bud back in the 70s before the CBD was ignorantly bred out of it had a much better high, less paranoia and anxiety, just a nice relaxing high.
If you wanted more you smoked hash or honey oil.

CBD is a strong anti-inflammatory and works really good for pain relief especially in combination with THC.
So while your young and stupid its nice to just want the high and nothing else, but once you get older your tune will change.

Bud back in the 70s before the CBD was ignorantly bred out of it had a much better high, less paranoia and anxiety, just a nice relaxing high.
back in the 70s before the CBD was ignorantly bred out

You got any documentation-back up for that claim..because this is the first time i ever heard of this

Hi Stoneface jack,

CBD is useful for both anxiety and chronic pain like arthritis. I grow THC rich plants for recreation, but I'm starting to look into the medical side of things too. I need to know if it'll help me before I go to the bother of getting a prescription so I can grow my THC plants and some CBD as well without going over my plant count.

CBD is one of the original cannabinoids and is high in hemp. Like right now, if you test a hemp plant it has high amounts of CBD. It's formed from CBG just like THC, so breeders selected plants that made more of the enzyme that changes CBG into THC, instead of CBD.

While Ruderalis plants are also high in CBD, they aren't responsible for it's presence.

My sources for that info are papers I googled. Some dry shit, but if you wade through it you can find some good info.

CBD is kind of like the opposite of THCV in some ways. Low amounts of CBD actually make the high a bit stronger due to how it reacts with the cannabinoid receptors in our bodies, higher amounts block some of it.

THCV is an antagonist to THC in low amounts, and an agonist in higher amounts.

In the case of CBD it moderates the high, evening out some of the effects, especially paranoia and anxiety. Basically you could get as high as you wanted without that "so high I'm gonna die" feeling.

Google and old hippies are my sources there.

Hope that answers your question.

Back
Top Bottom