Any way to fix crappy taste?

CBD is useful for both anxiety and chronic pain like arthritis. I grow THC rich plants for recreation, but I'm starting to look into the medical side of things too. I need to know if it'll help me before I go to the bother of getting a prescription so I can grow my THC plants and some CBD as well without going over my plant count.

CBD is one of the original cannabinoids and is high in hemp. Like right now, if you test a hemp plant it has high amounts of CBD. It's formed from CBG just like THC, so breeders selected plants that made more of the enzyme that changes CBG into THC, instead of CBD.

While Ruderalis plants are also high in CBD, they aren't responsible for it's presence.

My sources for that info are papers I googled. Some dry shit, but if you wade through it you can find some good info.

CBD is kind of like the opposite of THCV in some ways. Low amounts of CBD actually make the high a bit stronger due to how it reacts with the cannabinoid receptors in our bodies, higher amounts block some of it.

THCV is an antagonist to THC in low amounts, and an agonist in higher amounts.

In the case of CBD it moderates the high, evening out some of the effects, especially paranoia and anxiety. Basically you could get as high as you wanted without that "so high I'm gonna die" feeling.

Google and old hippies are my sources there.

Hope that answers your question.
Hi Stoneface

And if you say "Hemp"...you mean the plant that is grown commercially for Rope and clothes?...that stuff has absolutely no THC!! which is only found in the Sativa and Indica plants which are "Marijuana"plants and not Hemp..Right??

Hi Stoneface

And if you say "Hemp"...you mean the plant that is grown commercially for Rope and clothes?...that stuff has absolutely no THC!! which is only found in the Sativa and Indica plants which are "Marijuana"plants and not Hemp..Right??
Sort of. Hemp is cannabis sativa. The sativa plants we grow are just high THC cultivars of the same plant that is used for industrial hemp fiber. It actually has THC, just a really low amount, usually 0.3% or less which is why that's the number used by countries that want the advantages of growing industrial hemp without changing their drug laws.

In reality CBD works synergistically with THC and other cannabinoids.
CBD is a strong anti-inflammatory and works really good for pain relief especially in combination with THC.
So while your young and stupid its nice to just want the high and nothing else, but once you get older your tune will change.

Bud back in the 70s before the CBD was ignorantly bred out of it had a much better high, less paranoia and anxiety, just a nice relaxing high.
If you wanted more you smoked hash or honey oil.
You know cuz you smoked the bud back in the 70’s.? While being about the same age I am. Do you have a time machine? Did you call me stupid? I smoke oil everyday, and buds.

breeding plants is super complex and I’m sure you know that.

I think the right amount of thc and cbd together with the terpenes your system likes and you get a really good result, GSC,GDP, Northern lights and a few others do it for me. :peace:
One of the types of seeds offered by the OCS here in Ontario gave ranges of I think 16-20% THC, and 5-8% CBD (don't quote me on that, I don't remember exact numbers). I thought about getting some, but it's the government so $40 for 4 seeds (not bad actually) and no chance of freebies. They're sold out of all seeds right now. There's a guy on here growing some right now so I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

Stoneface, yes you can add mint. Adding mint to tobacco is where menthol cigarettes came from and it is still sold in pipe shops to make natural menthol flavor.I can't say menthol shit tastes better than full flavor shit but can't see it being any worse.

Enjoil, I don't know if that was sarcasm. I thought it was a pretty well known fact that the weed from the 70s was allot different. We didn't know the stuff other than THC had value but we all noticed the high wasn't near as good. I quit smoking for 3 years back in the 90s cause I no longer enjoyed it and didn't stop the pain. Found a jar of seeds I stashed in the late 70s and started growing again. Night and day.

Stoneface, yes you can add mint. Adding mint to tobacco is where menthol cigarettes came from and it is still sold in pipe shops to make natural menthol flavor.I can't say menthol shit tastes better than full flavor shit but can't see it being any worse.

Enjoil, I don't know if that was sarcasm. I thought it was a pretty well known fact that the weed from the 70s was allot different. We didn't know the stuff other than THC had value but we all noticed the high wasn't near as good. I quit smoking for 3 years back in the 90s cause I no longer enjoyed it and didn't stop the pain. Found a jar of seeds I stashed in the late 70s and started growing again. Night and day.
Nah I was serious. Mix it with other stuff... like hash. That’s what I said.... right. I don’t think I ever talked to you before... I am sarcastic sometimes, but normally it’s obvious. What you talking about? I was talking about what dude should mix his cbd buds with....

My apologies Enjoy, lost track who said what for a minute there.Thai is 1 month into cure so had to sample.Laughing Buddha just came out of drying box so had to sample.Lambs bread looks ready for chop so had to sample.

I was referring to purplehazers comment bought not believing the CBD was bread out of plants since the 70s. Technically it wasn't bread out or the plant but the level was definitely lowered, would be more accurate.

My apologies Enjoy, lost track who said what for a minute there.Thai is 1 month into cure so had to sample.Laughing Buddha just came out of drying box so had to sample.Lambs bread looks ready for chop so had to sample.

I was referring to purplehazers comment bought not believing the CBD was bread out of plants since the 70s. Technically it wasn't bread out or the plant but the level was definitely lowered, would be more accurate.
It’s all good... what do you about the delta 8 thc? I guess they make it from cbd. A friend gave me a nugget and it tasted weird. I don’t think it got me high. Lol.

Delta 8 is supposed to be the latest "miracle" cannabinoid that heightens the effect of THC. Personally never tried it. Had several people tell me it tastes off and doesn't appear to have any effect,,, want some? With that kind of endorsement,,, mmmmm,,no.
I ordered 3 grams on line of hemp flower with Delta 8 THC just to see what the hype is all about..

Maybe I shouldn't say taste yet. I got some CBD dominant weed grown by a licensed producer and it smells like shit. Actual shit. For a minute there I thought there must be actual faeces in the jar.

I asked around, and I only found one guy who would admit to both buying and vaping it, and he said it tastes just like it smells.
Is there any way to fix this? Or at least hide the flavour?

I'm really hoping I can still vape it, I'm trying to figure out whether or not it's worth growing a CBD plant indoors this winter, or outside next season.
Last fall I tried to "Cob" my sugar leaves trim of my AK 47 plants just to see if it made any difference in the quality of the taste, harshness of the smoke and it was a pleasant surprise. So much so I plan on making Cobs again from most of the buds this time around. From what I got out of all the info I found it is basically the Fermentation of the plant material (cellulose). You need to use basically just harvested plant material about 3 days old in order to get the fermentation to work properly ....... just my 2 cents worth.

Also after a plant has been cut the flavor and taste can be manipulated by storing it with a scented item like orange peels, lime peels, clove, cinnamon etc. I’m not saying this is everyone’s cup of tea just that it can be done
Good point, 013.

I have used orange peel pieces to help put moisture back into some weed. Can't say as it tasted like oranges. A small piece, about the size of a US dime was enough to put moisture back in after 15 to 30 minutes. Any piece larger than that or left in much over an hour was not good. Way to much moisture and I did loose some weed I am positive went bad because of the excess moisture caused by the orange peel.

A small piece of apple, with the skin still one, and wrapped in aluminum foil (poke holes with a sewing pin) was what I used in the 80s when so much of the bag weed we bought was extremely dry.

The clove and cinnamon idea is interesting and a possible way to help solve the terrible taste & smell that came up in the first message. It may be the best way. So interesting that I looked it up. Clove is good, cinnamon is not so good. The ground up cinnamon can irritate and then cause lung problems. I think quality cinnamon sticks could be put in a jar while the weed is curing to add a spice taste.

Clove cigarettes are sometimes called Kretek and there used to be brand name imported smokes with that name. The sale of many tobacco cigarettes with herb flavors, including Clove, was banned back in 2009.

Hey, can I dry mint and mix that in? Maybe some other strongly flavoured herb?
Yes, mint came up many times as one of the herbs that can be added to tobacco for smoking so why not weed. Not all mint is the same so some experimenting with the different mint plants available to figure out which is best.

Looked for links with a search for "herbs that can be smoked". Found several articles on Marijuana web-sites and a blog or two on what herbs can be used and what they taste like.

A couple of the herbs supposedly do not have a strong taste but might good for getting rid of the nasty taste and smell you mentioned.

Another search I tried was:
"can clove and cinnamon be smoked"

Back
Top Bottom