Aquarium Lighting is it good for growing?

image16065.jpg
image16064.jpg

Ok that's the lights I am currently using.
The big plant emerged about 2 weeks ago and the small ones emerged once I added the blue aquarium light. Infact, now there are five plants which must prove the quality of the blue light to the plant as they are very attracted to it too.

image16066.jpg

My night time set up. Just moved the blue light higher. Hope the plants don't stretch. Before it was just on top of the pot, so real close.
The foil is a crisp wrapper. And that silver color board my wifey uses to pick up the dust after sweeping.
In the empty pot plan to transfer two plants from the original pot.
The original pot looks like a 7 liter pot and the new pot about 5 liters. Any advice on how many plants to plant on each pot and the distance required for the plants to be apart from each other. Or I just use 1 plant per pot?
Cheers.

Pistolero said:
Any advice on how many plants to plant on each pot and the distance required for the plants to be apart from each other. Or I just use 1 plant per pot?
Cheers.

Only one plant per pot, if possible :high-five:

why would you purchase LEDs designed for fish, instead of ones designed for growing herb?

Don't think they are LEDs mate. And they are cheap about 4 U.S. dollars. Think they are water submergeable cfl lights with some blue paper inside. Or I maybe wrong and they are LEDS. How would you tell the difference?

Don't get a shop specializing in Marijuana Lighting and Gardening in my parts so just doing what I can mate. a friends gifting me some red LED strip so plan to use that in the new room I plan on getting set up soon.

yes aquarium bulbs work,I outfit all of my t-5 with them,in my case they are not cheap,but can be build to a almost,LED spectrum

I use bulbs designed for live coral reefs,they must penetrate 2 feet of water,plants love them
some of my favorites are florasun,coralwave,reefwave,the reef wave is a wicked finish light for the last 2 weeks.

here is a veg light with aquarium bulbs.
t-5.JPG

few years ago,I spent 2 months reading a 800 page thread on t-5 aquarium bulbs,I still have dreams of PAR charts lmao

it was the fact of the light needing to reach the coral reefs,that caught my attention.

I have gone from seed to harvest under these,and although my yield suffered,it produced one of my best plants ever.

I got 7 plants now after fitting that blue aquarium light. man glad I tried that aquarium light. Hope i don't get more new plants After this lot, don't want to overdo it and me needing a massive room.
C526 must have been a massive read that 800 pages. I hardly got any info asking dr. Google,most said its not recommended,leave the Aqua lights for the fishes, must have been a bluff so can't get better yield than them

Ill look into my pc and see if I can find the thread,I know the other site had problems and was "restarted"

there is a old member here,PetFlora I saw them very involved in the big discussion,they get stellar results.

search Google for that name,with aquarium bulbs,and they will bring up old threads(sorry i cant put links in,and your post count is to low for PM

Here,they are in this thread,but no longer active on this forum

T5 lighting more red spectrum

Must have been grueling read that, 800 pages on aquarium lights for MJ :bravo:
Couldn't find any site that recommended it by dr.google.

C526 are those light only for the pink and green spectrum? If so why did you not go for blue instead of the green? Those Chinese aquarium lights come in green and red too. Plan to add a green as I will (let's hope) get gifted red led strip for giving my friend some weed.

those lights act different then they look,2 are 6500k(blues) and the 2 florasuns are 5000k spectrum.

when I have the 8 bulb fixture going there is 4 different bulbs in it,covers all ranges of the PAR spectrum.

plants dont like/use much green light,its why we can work in the dark periods with a green light bulb on in the grow room.they cant see it.

Don't know about the they don't like green lights c526. There seems to be some debate on green light. Some studies even saying a bit of green is good. So wanted a little tinge of green too unless you advise me, don't bother and go for another blue instead.

I am not a botanist,that's for certain,but for years i have been using a green light in my rooms, if I ever need to do work when its lights out
this light doesn't bother them.I have a bulb in socket and a green lamp on my head(miners light"}

kind of the way the moon doesnt bother outdoor plants,

that 800 pager was over at r i u,that place is to harsh a vibe for me,but there is some great growers who post there

Back
Top Bottom