Are my plants ready for light switch?

Ghostwriter31

As title says, my big plants looks like it’s in pre flower. Do I need to switch soon to 12/12? Am I premature? Thanks
I have a grow journal and posed a few questions but they have gone unanswered so I thought maybe I’d try this
Day 32 both plants I’m in no rush but don’t wanna mess up either

Attachments

• 2B1135CC-EEAC-4C09-9DB5-B5D1E397688D.jpeg
    2B1135CC-EEAC-4C09-9DB5-B5D1E397688D.jpeg
    561.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 86A7CD37-318E-4BA8-B005-938C744A427E.jpeg
    86A7CD37-318E-4BA8-B005-938C744A427E.jpeg
    820.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 87AD3813-52F8-4ADE-9432-F58009D127FC.jpeg
    87AD3813-52F8-4ADE-9432-F58009D127FC.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 45
Consider adding more magnesium (some of your leaves look like the chlorophyll is degrading, causing the parts between their veins(?) to become lighter) and calcium (appears to be some necrotic leaf tissue).

In regards to "...need to switch to 12/12," you don't, technically speaking, need to do so - you can keep a cannabis plant in the vegetative growth phase for years, if you like. But, presumably, you'd like to initiate flowering soon. If the plant is mature - has switched to a growth pattern of staggered internodal growth instead of the initial side-by-side branches - then it'll respond to a change in the light schedule. The evidence of "preflowers" (they're just flowers that appeared "early") would also point to this state of readiness, but they can at times be difficult to see if one doesn't have good vision, and some new growers seem to confuse other parts of the plant (that are called spicules, if I remember correctly) for flowers. I'm not insinuating that you would/are, that's just a general statement.

Consider adding more magnesium (some of your leaves look like the chlorophyll is degrading, causing the parts between their veins(?) to become lighter) and calcium (appears to be some necrotic leaf tissue).

In regards to "...need to switch to 12/12," you don't, technically speaking, need to do so - you can keep a cannabis plant in the vegetative growth phase for years, if you like. But, presumably, you'd like to initiate flowering soon. If the plant is mature - has switched to a growth pattern of staggered internodal growth instead of the initial side-by-side branches - then it'll respond to a change in the light schedule. The evidence of "preflowers" (they're just flowers that appeared "early") would also point to this state of readiness, but they can at times be difficult to see if one doesn't have good vision, and some new growers seem to confuse other parts of the plant (that are called spicules, if I remember correctly) for flowers. I'm not insinuating that you would/are, that's just a general statement.
Thanks . I appreciate your response. I believe I will try and initiate a light change by Friday or this weekend sometime

So here’s my problem, I see the problem with little plant. It’s actually worse than pics depict. The bigger plant doesn’t appear to have this problem but does seem awful green
This all happened today while away for 9 hours. Or that’s what I have in my head. I’m using super soil or thought I was . Each plant has a pound and half. The half was added two weeks ago and originally I used a pound in bottom third with fox farms soil on top. Long story short I used fox farms nutrients in beginning ( grow big and big bloom) grow big may have killed microbes so to fx mistake I added a half pound more super soil . I did not use that much of grow.big or so I think I used sparsely.
Now let’s say microbes are dead in this soil, I must start using nutrients now to fix problem? I just added 2 tsp each grow big and tiger bloom to a gallon of water and I am prepared to use it if I am indeed in a nutrient deficiency.
This is where I wanna throw in the towel. I feel lots of pressure for I don’t wanna go down with a dead plant I killed due to ignorance .
Feeding = Water with big bloom every 5 feedings for the last 3 weeks. PH 6.5 -7 with 6.5 most often

Brought this girl back to life

Attachments

• B8D3AFB2-6FD5-41D0-9CBA-0FD3B8C64D02.jpeg
    B8D3AFB2-6FD5-41D0-9CBA-0FD3B8C64D02.jpeg
    721.5 KB · Views: 27
I wonder if this would help my one plant?

Attachments

• 0BBB0A3D-71FD-4C55-AF5D-87D63EDBFFFB.png
    0BBB0A3D-71FD-4C55-AF5D-87D63EDBFFFB.png
    503.1 KB · Views: 28
I wonder if this would help my one plant?
I haven’t used this, but @Emilya has I believe.
I personally use URB, great white mica, Dr. Earth seaweed extract, and molasses mixes... then alternate compost tea to feed and replenish my soil.
I also bought the trio after building a super soil. Emilya was who told me I was basically “pissing in the wind” as we southerners say. Lol!

You might consider a defol before you flip. Last opportunity to take clones without having to reveg.

I haven’t used this, but @Emilya has I believe.
I personally use URB, great white mica, Dr. Earth seaweed extract, and molasses mixes... then alternate compost tea to feed and replenish my soil.
I also bought the trio after building a super soil. Emilya was who told me I was basically “pissing in the wind” as we southerners say. Lol!

You might consider a defol before you flip. Last opportunity to take clones without having to reveg.
Yes, the RealGrower's Recharge is what I am using in my TLO grow right now... it is great stuff, and it is way way way way cheaper than URB or Voodoo Juice, if you happen to live somewhere that it can be shipped to you. This is exactly the stuff that I advised you to get so as to recharge your supersoil and get this organic grow back to where it needs to be.

Thank you for the reply and I almost did t want Emilya to know about this ! Ha, no Emilya helped me out in the beginning of my grow and I didn’t anticipate this new problem. Emilya is like these damn new growers , can’t they get it right haha
I just read up on the recharge and think that’s the route I’m going to take here . That or keep in veg state , order more soil and super soil and repot completely. One option and recharge are my main two atm.

I’ll be glad when this ones behind me

Thank you for the reply and I almost did t want Emilya to know about this ! Ha, no Emilya helped me out in the beginning of my grow and I didn’t anticipate this new problem. Emilya is like these damn new growers , can’t they get it right haha
I just read up on the recharge and think that’s the route I’m going to take here . That or keep in veg state , order more soil and super soil and repot completely. One option and recharge are my main two atm.

I’ll be glad when this ones behind me
We are all guilty. Lol!
I said the same about my current grow, but they are coming together now. Hang in there. They’ll get back on track and you’ll see a bunch of these to remind you why we do it.
2BB77297-048E-47ED-861F-3C570E3C665A.jpeg

592D8730-7C73-4DB2-88F0-F25467F33D8F.jpeg

Nowhere close to how bad I thought they were going to be. Now some of the best smelling I’ve ever experienced. (Exactly what Emilya told me when she said to shelve my FF Trio and go organic)
Can’t wait to taste it.

I didn’t listen to intheshed about having spider mites and they almost killed my whole crop. Ended up having to remove my 4’x6’ SCROG In week 3 of flower just to get rid of the mess they caused. Lol!

Lesson learned... listen to folks with a lot of grows/years under their belts. :adore:

Apologies for the rant... just got home from work. :lot-o-toke:

We are all guilty. Lol!
I said the same about my current grow, but they are coming together now. Hang in there. They’ll get back on track and you’ll see a bunch of these to remind you why we do it.
2BB77297-048E-47ED-861F-3C570E3C665A.jpeg

592D8730-7C73-4DB2-88F0-F25467F33D8F.jpeg

Nowhere close to how bad I thought they were going to be. Now some of the best smelling I’ve ever experienced. (Exactly what Emilya told me when she said to shelve my FF Trio and go organic)
Can’t wait to taste it.

I didn’t listen to intheshed about having spider mites and they almost killed my whole crop. Ended up having to remove my 4’x6’ SCROG In week 3 of flower just to get rid of the mess they caused. Lol!

Lesson learned... listen to folks with a lot of grows/years under their belts. :adore:

Apologies for the rant... just got home from work. :lot-o-toke:
No worries, I read every comment and take what I can and rest store it. I’ll say they looked better this morning and I can’t wait to get home and tend them. It’s a roller coaster ride and I will just have to grin and bear the dips and valleys

Back
Top Bottom