Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Saw on here questions about seed suppliers, I called crop king and ordered 10 green crack seeds on 4/6, today is 4/15 all 4 seeds I started with have germinated and went into dirt today. 9 days from no seeds to little things growin.

Also since I seem to be wingin it, gonna leave them in the dark in the dirt till I see green then its on with the lights, guessin a couple weeks long periods of light then gonna start introducin them to the sun a little at a time. Hope to let three mature and use one for cuttings for indoors.

Just gotta make sure you cover any lights (on timers, fans, humidifiers etc...) on any equipment with tape. Especially import when they're in flower.

I clearly wasn't thinking about that when posting a humidifier with a giant glowing button in the middle of it. slow clap for me. :bravo:

I'm new around here. This forum is so gigantically vast that you could start the same thread in about 5 different sectors and it would belong there, but as this is an ask anything thread I thought here's a good a place as any instead of starting a noob thread looking silly.

I'm interested in growing a small amount for personal medicinal use, I'm not interested in getting off my tits in the slightest. I smoked from 13 to 21 and ended up with panic attacks that lasted a decade. None of those thanks.

Being from the UK, I can't source FECO easily at all and what I can source is £50 a gram. Nightmare.

I've read about as much as I can so far enough to make my eyes sting, I can't do much more reading so perhaps I could get a few direct answers quickly.

First off, when it comes to indoor or outdoor, can I assume that indoor virtually guarantees no bugs so that no pesticides are required? I would prefer totally organic.

Out of interest, what do people who have sprayed their plants with pesticides do with all their leaves, stems (I believe that's all called "trimmings"?) etc? Do they have to bin them cuz of pesticides?

So then what do people do with organic trimmings? I'm thinking juicing would be the way to go for all the leaves. So if you juiced x amount of leaves and drank it straight, would you get annihilated? Or would the fact THC isn't activated due to no heat assure that wouldn't happen?

I think it's a good idea to ingest both nondecarbed and decarbed forms of cbd/thc etc to improve the chances this stuff actually does something for health, as well as ingesting under the tongue etc to bypass the digestive side also. Preciate any feedback x

I'm new around here. This forum is so gigantically vast that you could start the same thread in about 5 different sectors and it would belong there, but as this is an ask anything thread I thought here's a good a place as any instead of starting a noob thread looking silly.

I'm interested in growing a small amount for personal medicinal use, I'm not interested in getting off my tits in the slightest. I smoked from 13 to 21 and ended up with panic attacks that lasted a decade. None of those thanks.

Being from the UK, I can't source FECO easily at all and what I can source is £50 a gram. Nightmare.

I've read about as much as I can so far enough to make my eyes sting, I can't do much more reading so perhaps I could get a few direct answers quickly.

First off, when it comes to indoor or outdoor, can I assume that indoor virtually guarantees no bugs so that no pesticides are required? I would prefer totally organic.

Out of interest, what do people who have sprayed their plants with pesticides do with all their leaves, stems (I believe that's all called "trimmings"?) etc? Do they have to bin them cuz of pesticides?

So then what do people do with organic trimmings? I'm thinking juicing would be the way to go for all the leaves. So if you juiced x amount of leaves and drank it straight, would you get annihilated? Or would the fact THC isn't activated due to no heat assure that wouldn't happen?

I think it's a good idea to ingest both nondecarbed and decarbed forms of cbd/thc etc to improve the chances this stuff actually does something for health, as well as ingesting under the tongue etc to bypass the digestive side also. Preciate any feedback x

There are a number of natural pesticides on the market so no worries there. If you do not decarb cannabis then it wont have a "high" effect. Trimmings you can use for edibles, hash, oils and other concentrates.

But you could juice leaves and not get a high right?

Also, regarding this whole to autoflower or not to autoflower, does an autoflower technically mean I could just stick a small plant in the corner of my room and forget about it barring the odd water? Are additives critical? Does it matter how much light they get? My room probably gets about 2hrs of daylight in it a day, the rest is curtains shut and normal lighting as I work at computer screen and can't be blinded by sun. Could a plant grow in that condition? cheers

If you juice leaves there wont be any psychoactive effects, treat auto flowers like you would any photo plant. Only difference is autos flower automatically. Most people run them at 18 hours light 6 dark or 20/4. Youll need intense light just as would for photos.

@FECOfan - Bud Washing, is a new(ish) process of cleansing freshly harvested buds. The post I linked you to, is at the ass end of a long thread, but the poster retrieved the original recipe from the beginning pages so you don't need worry about reading the entire thread. I strongly recommend washing every harvest to everyone!

As far as indoor v outdoor and insects, indoor isn't a guarantee you wont get any, just that with indoor, you have the ability to quarantine your crop much better. Soil grows will likely attract the creepy crawlies more than hydro, at least that's my experience. But you can still make a pretty well sealed space and grow organically and prevent the creepy crawlies, but it will depend how well you invest and construct.

thanks sirs. I'm pretty used to washing all my green food I buy, well all fruit and'/or veg actually either in water with organic apple cider vinegar, lemon/lime juice and/or food grade hydrogen peroxide.

I'm not bold enough to start dipping them in buckets of water. After doing some reading it sounds like a method used for flowers, fruits and veggies. Things you don't typically smoke.

Great idea for your fruit and veg though :high-five:

But you could juice leaves and not get a high right?

Also, regarding this whole to autoflower or not to autoflower, does an autoflower technically mean I could just stick a small plant in the corner of my room and forget about it barring the odd water? Are additives critical? Does it matter how much light they get? My room probably gets about 2hrs of daylight in it a day, the rest is curtains shut and normal lighting as I work at computer screen and can't be blinded by sun. Could a plant grow in that condition? cheers

Technically the answer to your question is yes, assuming the corner of your room gets 18 hours of light a day...which you've already said it doesn't.
You'll get some bud, and it'll smoke. If that's the end game, done and done.

However, autos can be real contenders in terms of both yield and potency. Grow them like you would a photo period.
They need food (nutrients). Do great with minimal or more advanced training. And will surprise you if they're given care and attention.

hi there and congrats for this post!
i am ready to start my first indoor with the Think Different strain from Dutch Passion in a 1,2mX1,2mX2m(height) and after reading many posts on this site i would like to make some questions.
Im thinking about growing SCRoG in soil (cause its my first time and i dont wanna risk it with Hydro or even coco coir) im thinking about maybe 4 or 5 plants in the grow tent.
i d like to know if my light is too powerfull or not for this. do i have to adjust the height of my light or you think that it is powerful enough to have it at the same level throughout the whole growing?
Do you believe im gonna have problem growing with such a powerful led light?
any advice would be more than HELPFUL.

First welcome
Do you plan on starting a journal or, just ask for help when needed?
Lights will have to be adjusted as your plants grow.
Use the information within this site. There is a lot of good knowledge here.
Good luck:)

hi there and congrats for this post!
i am ready to start my first indoor with the Think Different strain from Dutch Passion in a 1,2mX1,2mX2m(height) and after reading many posts on this site i would like to make some questions.
Im thinking about growing SCRoG in soil (cause its my first time and i dont wanna risk it with Hydro or even coco coir) im thinking about maybe 4 or 5 plants in the grow tent.
i d like to know if my light is too powerfull or not for this. do i have to adjust the height of my light or you think that it is powerful enough to have it at the same level throughout the whole growing?
Do you believe im gonna have problem growing with such a powerful led light?
any advice would be more than HELPFUL.
It would help us out a lot if you tell us what size light you're using?

i dont know havent thought.. im gonna have plenty of time so maybe i can start a journal as well. :) my biggest concern is about setting up led lights and the soil i m gonna use something light i guess.. right?

Back
Top Bottom