Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I'm new not familiar with the site and this said ask anything
IMG_20170427_100026.jpg

here's a pic of my first aquaponics setup, as well as first grow. go big or go .....somewhere. they are forum cut clones GSC. they are already flowered. am i screwd, 2 harvest this year ? if ya could point me in the right direction i'd sure apreciate it. here are some close up's. i've started a grow journal as well and try to update with new info at least once a day.
IMG_20170428_135417.jpg
IMG_20170428_135411.jpg

How many hours of light are they getting outdoors?

yesterday a made a screening system to keep bugs out. i'm going to turn that pond into the astrodome at night. 2 532 nm lazers. 8 5000k 2000 lumen led lights, bright enough

i would like to thank you all tremendously for the assistance. this plant represents life for me not recreation. Mac Gyver meets Marijuana is my grow journal, in progress. thank you again

Hello, was wondering if I could get some additional advice on my first ever grow, backyard outdoor.

Strain : Northern lights Auto Flower Fem
Growing medium : Basecamp Potting soil in 3 gallon fabric pots.

Looking for a quick grow that won't need too much attention as I travel for a living . My wife can help water if I'm traveling but other than that would like to make sure that I'm controlling at nutrition.

With that said. I will be germinating in the final
Pot. The hydro store sold me liquid Kool Bloom and nectar for the gods liquid bone meal. Said that would be all I need.
I've been reading a ton and thought I was ready, but he threw me for a loop with those nutrients. What about Nitorgen?

He said something about the soil not having any animal Matter so add liquid bone meal? When?

Also the liquid kool bloom for flowering? He said first two weeks? Seems off.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thank you.

420-magazine-mobile1945617874.jpg

Wakey Bakey !!!!Good Morning to all hope you have a great day !!! Remember don't take life so seriously live life like every moment is going to be your last!!!! Live-Love-Learn

420-magazine-mobile284584208.jpg

When your leaves stand up like this!!!! What does it mean? That they are happy and loving the light ? That's all I could figure !!! Plz some input might seem like a stupid question but I was always told the only a you'd question is the question you didn't ask!!! With in reason !!! Live-Love-Learn

Hi,
I'm a brand-new grower looking for tips and advice on how to produce a strong, solid yield for my first time. I noticed how friendly and willing to hand out advice everyone on here seems, and I figured that you all would be able to share some wisdom with me. I currently have 16 seeds in the mail: 3x Auto Colorado Cookies, 5x AK 48 Auto, and 5x Ayahuasca Purp (Photoperiod), as well as 1 Easy Ryder Auto, 1 Purp Auto, and 1 Amnesia Lemon. I'm planning on using a 1000 watt HPS light on a 20/4 schedule in a 60"x60"x80" grow tent, which will be in a wooden shed. I've heard some people say that 1000 watts is too much for that area, while I've seen others say it's too little, so I figured the only way to really know is to test it myself. I'm also planning on building a larger growhouse later on. My essential questions are these:

- What medium should I use? I want to use something soil-y because I'm a newbie and hydro seems more complicated and unforgiving of mistakes (although I do eventually want to progress to that). Because I'm operating on a budget, I don't want to spend up to $40 on each of 16 plants for a pre-mixed supercompost or something like that, although I am open to buying something pre-mixed, as I understand how important the growing medium is. I've heard that coco coir and perlite is a good mixture, but as I understand that's a passive hydro mix (I could be wrong, I don't know much). I've seen in a lot of pictures little cannabis plants in what look like bricks, which are also placed into a bigger container of soil. I'd like to know what those are, as I want to minimize any risk of killing or stressing plants by transplanting them. I've also heard that planting seeds after germination straight into a high-nutrient mix can kill the plants via shock (not sure if this is true).

- How should I water these plants? The whole operation will be on a property two hours away from where I live, and as I'm in school I'll only be able to make it up there once a week on average. I can ask the people who live there to water them in between my visits, but I'd like to be responsible for my own grow.

-Which plants should I keep in the tent? I'm thinking of putting some outside in a greenhouse, as the temperatures and light levels where I live (Pacific Northwest) are decent during the summer. I want to get a high yield, and I know that the plants in the tent will likely soak up the entire light, and that cramming the space full of plants wont really increase my yield (unless I used a SOG or something). I just picked out some strains that looked nice on the website, but I don't know which ones would do better inside versus outside. Some people say you can expect 50-100 grams per plant outside, while others say you can get up to a couple pounds. This seems like a big difference so I'm pretty confused on this. Would 9 plants (say, the AKs and Cookies as well as the Easy Ryder) in a 3x3 fashion be enough plants for this tent and light, or should I add (or take away) some?

Any other tips that a new grower could use would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

High! First time growers, great! Ok. Base camp posting soil has everything (almost to much) needed for a healthy plant. It's main compost is a combination of coco, peat moss, humus and something like corn silk. That is why you were given the NOG bone meal. This will make sure plants receive calcium. And, proper distribution of all needed elements. Which is located within the soil. Cool bloom is needed after the first two week because, it will take up to a month for soil to start actively leaching required amounts of nutrients. Nitrogen in rock phosphate in the soil.

420-magazine-mobile1945617874.jpg

Wakey Bakey !!!!Good Morning to all hope you have a great day !!! Remember don't take life so seriously live life like every moment is going to be your last!!!! Live-Love-Learn
Keep it up!!! Rub it in.....on the way to my medicine cabinet

420-magazine-mobile284584208.jpg

When your leaves stand up like this!!!! What does it mean? That they are happy and loving the light ? That's all I could figure !!! Plz some input might seem like a stupid question but I was always told the only a you'd question is the question you didn't ask!!! With in reason !!! Live-Love-Learn

SHHHHHHHHH!!!! Quiet!

She's praying

High! First time growers, great! Ok. Base camp posting soil has everything (almost to much) needed for a healthy plant. It's main compost is a combination of coco, peat moss, humus and something like corn silk. That is why you were given the NOG bone meal. This will make sure plants receive calcium. And, proper distribution of all needed elements. Which is located within the soil. Cool bloom is needed after the first two week because, it will take up to a month for soil to start actively leaching required amounts of nutrients. Nitrogen in rock phosphate in the soil.
Ment Kool Bloom during first two weeks not after

Ment Kool Bloom during first two weeks not after
I'm going to re address the kool Bloom.
Your soil is what we call a hot soil. Additives are in soil that will leach the required amounts of nutrients. Activated by water. Nector of God needed due to substrates. Use 1/4 to 1/2 recommended dose. Kool Bloom needed during the 2nd and 3rd week of flower.
Germination in hot soil might not be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom