Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

welcome to 420 :) Here's how you upload photos

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

hey, can i join in on the conversation? i`m a dumb novice, learning as i go, but i just had an emergency situation when i discovered whiteflies, pressure washed, then applied a soap and water spray. i was already looking around for how to focus in on the trichomes without a loupe and am trying to use a magnifying glass (which is misplaced right now) and celphone camera. but my problem is this. the plant still had a lot of white hairs, maybe 50-50 white-red, but after the washing i see absolutely no white hairs. i must have blown them right off. can someone look at my buds and tell my if you think i should just chop em down and suffer the loss hopefully praying and getting something decent at least? thanks. it seemed the red hairs stil hadn`t curled in much, like the buds still had some maturing to do, they`re fat but not very dense.

I have some tiny yellow looking spots appearing on my leaves, but I have been unable to diagnose because I can't find anything that looks just like mine....any thoughts?

I have some tiny yellow looking spots appearing on my leaves, but I have been unable to diagnose because I can't find anything that looks just like mine....any thoughts?

420-magazine-mobile537562617.jpg
420-magazine-mobile614339564.jpg
420-magazine-mobile886623458.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1791458595.jpg

I don't know about neem oil. I never used it. But what I do know is that diatomaceous earth kills everything and on top of that it's actually good for your plants :) Can be used to kill anything for the whole duration of the grow. You'll have to wash the buds though if you use it during flowering. Best anti insect remedy I've used.

You can also eat it - it's actually very healthy for humans and pets :) Can also be used to treat your pets for flies, ticks, worms and so on.

And it makes your plants look so cool and ghostly
mhp001.jpg
mhp002.jpg
I also use diatomaceous earth and I Bud wash at the end of the Harvest.

thanks, i had already found the photo gallery place and i think i successfully uploaded about 6 shots of my now white-hairless buds i zapped with the hose. i recently got advice to let her go another 2 weeks then h202 rinse them upon harvest. so somewhere i have a gallery. i wonder if you can see it or if i have to post a link to it.

That's spider-mites allright. Same thing happened to my indoor grow a few weeks ago. Cover them with diatomaceous earth and you should be fine. Since it's outdoor, you may have to repeat after rain

Yikes! Really? Smh I thought so but kind of never mind it because they are outside and not indoor, but yeah looks just like yours!

insert the photo's in a post in this thread

like this
birds_004.jpg
2_main_004.jpg

thanks, i had already found the photo gallery place and i think i successfully uploaded about 6 shots of my now white-hairless buds i zapped with the hose. i recently got advice to let her go another 2 weeks then h202 rinse them upon harvest. so somewhere i have a gallery. i wonder if you can see it or if i have to post a link to it.

Yikes! Really? Smh I thought so but kind of never mind it because they are outside and not indoor, but yeah looks just like yours!

Yeah, I kept taking my plants outside to work on them in the light and that's when I picked up a pretty bad spider mite problem. I lightly pressure washed them and had to do 2 applications of Neem oil to kill them on the one plant but the other had so much damage and was so sickly looking I had to kill it which really sucked. It was my first grow and I didn't notice the spotting and came home after a weekend away and there were webs all over the tops of the plants. I am much more careful when I check them and water them now. I didn't know you put the DE right on the plant like that DeVille, they look really cool. I thought you used in only on the soil to kill bugs in the soil and keep others from digging into it. Thanks for the good info, I'll have to get some to try on some of my younger plants.

Accidentally split one of my girls at the main stem. Not sure when, but by my pictures it had to be within the past 2-3 weeks. She looks mostly healed on her own but if anyone has experience with injuries and advice on preventing infection, if it's even necessary at this point, I'd appreciate hearing it.

65 days since germination, never saw her suffering from the injury.

420-magazine-mobile725216608.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2098404293.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1519857551.jpg
I would take the tie downs off temporarily & in two weeks, it will be stronger than any other part of your plant .

here are the pics. a little earlier here i explained the problem, if anyone might have anything to say that could rest my mind at ease and help me decide what to do, i`d be very grateful....original post was - i`m a dumb novice, learning as i go, but i just had an emergency situation when i discovered whiteflies, pressure washed, then applied a soap and water spray. i was already looking around for how to focus in on the trichomes without a loupe and am trying to use a magnifying glass (which is misplaced right now) and celphone camera. but my problem is this. the plant still had a lot of white hairs, maybe 50-50 white-red, but after the washing i see absolutely no white hairs. i must have blown them right off. can someone look at my buds and tell my if you think i should just chop em down and suffer the loss hopefully praying and getting something decent at least? thanks. it seemed the red hairs stil hadn`t curled in much, like the buds still had some maturing to do, they`re fat but not very dense.

21935271_10154924765208015_1707226287_n.jpg
21912720_10154924765083015_114661485_n.jpg
21905615_10154924763588015_251965285_n.jpg
21913044_10154924765058015_1266305880_n.jpg

Just be a little careful when you apply it. You should not breathe in too much of this powder. Protect yourself :)

Yeah, I kept taking my plants outside to work on them in the light and that's when I picked up a pretty bad spider mite problem. I lightly pressure washed them and had to do 2 applications of Neem oil to kill them on the one plant but the other had so much damage and was so sickly looking I had to kill it which really sucked. It was my first grow and I didn't notice the spotting and came home after a weekend away and there were webs all over the tops of the plants. I am much more careful when I check them and water them now. I didn't know you put the DE right on the plant like that DeVille, they look really cool. I thought you used in only on the soil to kill bugs in the soil and keep others from digging into it. Thanks for the good info, I'll have to get some to try on some of my younger plants.

That's good to know. I am one of those nutcase preppers and I have several cases of those paper masks for a flu outbreak which would work well.

I pull leaves off during both stages flower/veg.
It's usually not that many and it's only when I feel the leaves are blocking potential bud sites.
Hope that helps. Happy growing.

Yes thank you for your help I'm a little hesitant on using lst as I'm using thin wire and every time I tie it down I come back a couple hours later and the branch has slipped back to normal position and the wire is down the branch maybe I'm not using it right enough? Would it be better if I just lst the main branch or lst every little beach to let them get there own light

Back
Top Bottom