Auto Blueberry Berry growing problem

Just for shits and giggles why not take that "dead" plant and run at least a gallon of water through it until that "soil" is 100% soaking wet.
Hello mate. I'm proper confused here. Do you think it's soil or not:laugh:

find a long wooden dowel or stick and use that as a dipstick in those large containers so as to determine where the water table is. Hold off on watering until the top of the water table falls down into the last 2 inches... that area down there will never dry out completely between waterings, but if it gets down that low it will be perfectly ok to water.

I thought about that...to remove her ..but than I think that she does not do any harm. About that quantity....I read in Emilya guide that....until the pots are "sahara dry" if this takes longer than a few days (if the overwatering problem is so severe it can take 10+ days...and I thnik that my case is that severe) ...I should water them with only a cup or two of water, at the pot edges to force the top roots to grow sideways...so the soil to be wet a few inches from the surface...and the water not to go in the bottom of the pot. At least a galon means that the "new water" will drain to the bottom of the pot ..so the lower roots will not be able to ,,drink" all the watter from that region and I'll never escape from this overwatering problem. Am I wrong?
Your not wrong. It's just experience. We get to read the plants and we learn as we go. Nobody starts growing with every bit of knowledge they need.

find a long wooden dowel or stick and use that as a dipstick in those large containers so as to determine where the water table is. Hold off on watering until the top of the water table falls down into the last 2 inches... that area down there will never dry out completely between waterings, but if it gets down that low it will be perfectly ok to water.
And until the pot is dry out...it's ok to water the edges only with a cup of water once at 4-5 day just for the superior roots? Or should I stop completely?

And until the pot is dry out...it's ok to water the edges only with a cup of water once at 4-5 day just for the superior roots? Or should I stop completely?
Yes, that is exactly what you want to do, but also spread a little out along the entire top surface of the container. Those spreader roots should be all across the top, at 2-3 inches deep and they will suck up any of that water before it gets down to the bottom and adds to the problem down there. This keeps the plant's metabolism high and allows you to feed and water at least a little bit, while she is working on draining that container in record time.

I think @Nunyabiz is right. It's time to experiment for yourself and learn by your own mistakes. If you thought one of them was dead. Why not run a load of pH corrected water and a tad bit of nutrients through the one you were going to give up on. See what happens. You will know if it's underwater within a few hours if it's soil.. it will spring back to life within half a day. If it doesnt, tip your pot over and try and drain excess water out of it. just use that plant as an experiment. I used to have a sacrificial plant that I tested nutrients, water and environment on until I figured it out myself..

Yes, that is exactly what you want to do, but also spread a little out along the entire top surface of the container. Those spreader roots should be all across the top, at 2-3 inches deep and they will suck up any of that water before it gets down to the bottom and adds to the problem down there. This keeps the plant's metabolism high and allows you to feed and water at least a little bit, while she is working on draining that container in record time.
Thanks a lot Emilya!

Just going on the pics alone I don't see a single one that looks like they're being watered properly.
And it looks mostly like coco.

I would start watering everyday, pH to 5.8 and give them about 1/4 strength nutrients in most every watering.
I think it looks like coco also! Look how stringy it is. Those coco fibers I think. Idk the plant don’t look to bad to me. Maybe just wait. lol. I would get a couple more fans and flower with that hid light tho and veg with the leds.

I think @Nunyabiz is right. It's time to experiment for yourself and learn by your own mistakes. If you thought one of them was dead. Why not run a load of pH corrected water and a tad bit of nutrients through the one you were going to give up on. See what happens. You will know if it's underwater within a few hours if it's soil.. it will spring back to life within half a day. If it doesnt, tip your pot over and try and drain excess water out of it. just use that plant as an experiment. I used to have a sacrificial plant that I tested nutrients, water and environment on until I figured it out myself..
I'm sure that it's an overwatering problem...and I'm saying this because when I watered it until runoff the plant have not reacted as it should be in an underwater problem. Yep...that's what I'll do with it...test things...at least I'll learn something from all this mess.

I think it looks like coco also! Look how stringy it is. Those coco fibers I think. Idk the plant don’t look to bad to me. Maybe just wait. lol. I would get a couple more fans and flower with that hid light tho and veg with the leds.
The thing is. I grow in an organic compost that looks like it has the same fibers in it. And it has no Coco or peat in it. I'm proper perplexed.

We need to take a vote :laugh: is it soil or is it Coco..
Plus, what were you laughing at in my last comment. :rofl:

I am convinced that this is soil... with some fiber, maybe coco, to help with water retention. Looking back at some of the first posted pictures of the stuff, I note how black (soil like) that it looks when watered... not brown like coco.
Yes...black...nothing brown there...only when the surface is dry ...it seems to be some coco there but when I water it...it's black and has the same feeling like soil when I put my hands in it..few inch deep

What I found abou the soil info from the store I bought. It's translated with google so...there maybe some errors there:

peat, coconut fiber, clay, natural limestone, NPK: 10-4-4
it is suitable for sowing and planting medicinal plants in containers and outdoors. Its unique structure ensures optimal aeration to accelerate root growth.
The substrate contains organic fertilizer, which helps to start growth.
Characteristics:
high absorption capacity and, therefore, the plants are excellently supplied with water;
suitable for organic farming;
not suitable for growing acidophilic plants.

I'm sure that it's an overwatering problem...and I'm saying this because when I watered it until runoff the plant have not reacted as it should be in an underwater problem. Yep...that's what I'll do with it...test things...at least I'll learn something from all this mess.
Then That's it. Go with what you think mate. Test out what knowledge you have been given. We have all messed up. Saying that. Theres some noobies that have grown some awesome plants and didn't have a fekin clue what they were doing . But that's just lucky. They are a complex plant, with many factors that contribute to their health. Have one thing out of balance and it has a deprimental effect.

Yes...black...nothing brown there...only when the surface is dry ...it seems to be some coco there but when I water it...it's black and has the same feeling like soil when I put my hands in it..few inch deep

What I found abou the soil info from the store I bought. It's translated with google so...there maybe some errors there:

peat, coconut fiber, clay, natural limestone, NPK: 10-4-4
it is suitable for sowing and planting medicinal plants in containers and outdoors. Its unique structure ensures optimal aeration to accelerate root growth.
The substrate contains organic fertilizer, which helps to start growth.
Characteristics:
high absorption capacity and, therefore, the plants are excellently supplied with water;
suitable for organic farming;
not suitable for growing acidophilic plants.
Ahhhhhh!!!! Peat and coconut fibre.
I'm out and ignore anything I have said :rofl:
The vote has been counted. It is not soil:lot-o-toke:

Ahhhhhh!!!! Peat and coconut fibre.
I'm out and ignore anything I have said :rofl:
The vote has been counted. It is not soil:lot-o-toke:
So if it is peat and coconut...how can be overwatered?:)) I know that this kind of ,,soil" can't be overwatered. But again it is black and have the soil feel at touching..

So if it is peat and coconut...how can be overwatered?:)) I know that this kind of ,,soil" can't be overwatered. But again it is black and have the soil feel at touching..
I'm still fekin right. It needs a drink mate. We seem to be going around in circles :laugh: you won't know until you test it yourself. You won't kill it by flooding it again. Even if it is soil. I've saturated mine daily to run off and they still recovered eventually..

Back
Top Bottom