Auto Blueberry Berry growing problem

@Vadura Me again sorry. Let's start again. Did the other ones recover after you fully watered the medium? as one has give up and the others have bounced back. Something has to have been done differently.

"peat, coconut fiber, clay, natural limestone"

4 ingredients total, the first two are peat and coco.
I see no sign of compost or humus of any kind no vermicompost, worm castings etc.
I see nothing that could classify this as a soil.
It also says it's not suitable for acidophilic plants.
Would our plants be classed as acidophilic? just curious on that one for my own personal use, As they are in the acid range slightly

It also says it's not suitable for acidophilic plants.
Would our plants be classed as acidophilic? just curious on that one for my own personal use, As they are in the acid range slightly
no, that is talking about plants like Azaleas, Rhododendrons, Fothergillas, Holly, Orchids and Gardenias, who like the pH to be down in the 4's.

I got a few blueberry bushes I been playing with for a couple years. They like very acidic soil. Last year I got two blueberries! I’m hoping this year I get at least enough for a muffin or some pancakes.
I got two Blueberries that I have in 30 gal pots that I usually get about a gallon size ziplock full from each bush each year.
Hard to fend off the squirrels and birds though

I'm sorry for this late response...there were some busy days here with a lot of stuff to do.

I thank you all for the advices you gave me and as I said before...I'm glad to be part of this friendly and helpful comunity.

About my little girls...one is dead....the other two are pretty good I think. The soil in the dead 's plant pot is wet verry wet...in the other two is drier...direct proportional with the plant size(the biggest plant has the driest soil, the other one is less drier than the biger one but more drier than the dead one).

I lowered the lamp from 43inch(110cm) to 37inch(95cm) in this morning and I'm waiting to see if they react in a good way...if not..I'll rise it up again.

I observed something strange...the specific smell is gone from the tent. Since the 4th week they started to smell really good...now the smell is gone...and I don't know why....

Here is an update with them...

CCE66713-3A62-4D99-98C2-CDF35B521419.jpeg

73AD56C6-79BC-4C83-9EF0-308A0F598791.jpeg

85FBFE72-F73D-4A33-BB22-506B78DE1875.jpeg

Wow! It's amazing the difference between the 3. Especially when they have all had the same treatment.. confused.:hmmmm:.

Can you get a closer picture. From here it looks like they are nearly into flower

Just going on the pics alone I don't see a single one that looks like they're being watered properly.
And it looks mostly like coco.

I would start watering everyday, pH to 5.8 and give them about 1/4 strength nutrients in most every watering.
I tend to agree with the watering issue also, was thinking that when I first saw the plant size and watering frequency as well!

Hello guys! A little update here. Unfortunatly one plant is..out. But the other two are pretty good. I bought a digital ph meter...and I realised that what I did before was really bad from the point of view of water ph. Now I can achiev an 6,3-6,4 ph for the water.

In the last two weeks I got a confirmation that I really overwatered them and the lamp I used in the first 2 month was underpowered. In addition, I think that changing the lamp was a little too much for this autos and putted them in a stagnation phase wich overlapped with the overwatering. So after all this period... I can say that I understood what I did wrong with them. It was a first lesson for this ,,hobby" (if I can name it like this).

Ps: as Squiggle said...I think that they started to flower.

F7C72A0B-6083-48D6-862D-DDCD16D180AB.jpeg

43D1A67A-DFE0-49F1-A70C-8659EADB0A26.jpeg

E31E6AE3-748E-4A5C-B0C7-ED6353D6F365.jpeg

5084D04E-E47A-48D5-B9E7-4A5B0F7DD348.jpeg

CCA6CF11-8991-4096-BFA7-11BF34F910D0.jpeg

7EE60EC0-A4FE-4058-8A1B-9C934590EA50.jpeg

536B3435-3CC0-4709-8E0E-FDBA5D04E64E.jpeg

Still believe that a few ounces of water in a 5 gal pot of mostly coco in 5 days is "overwatered"?
I water my cactus more that that.

The dead one pictured above could just as easily be from lack of water.
Especially if what tiny amount of water it got was poured right on it then there would be a tiny column of water the roots would follow.
I just did 3 plants in solo cups using a lite seedling soil and in 7 days were ready for the final pot.
I watered them 2 to 4x a day with two tablespoons or three each time for 7 days and roots were 10x that size in 7 days.
Totally filled the solo cup with bright white roots.

The dead one above doesn't even have a root system, has one small tap root.
"Probably" because it had no water.

Hello people! A little update and a little problem. I started to have a strict schedule for watering: I water them until the water starts to drain at the bottom of the pot and in 3 days the plants drink all of it until the pot became easy as a feather. Unfortunatly one of them, in the last 2 days, started to have at the lower part some yellow leafs with brown spots.

Can you tell me please what can be the problem? I use micro/grow/bloom from advanced nutrients:0,5ml/1l of water and the producer recomand 4ml/1l of water at this age. I use such a low amount because I'm affraid not to overfeed them.

A484E902-34BF-474C-9534-EF6A7B76EBC8.jpeg

B841635C-2A40-4F7B-B314-EB00379356B3.jpeg

Hello people! A little update and a little problem. I started to have a strict schedule for watering: I water them until the water starts to drain at the bottom of the pot and in 3 days the plants drink all of it until the pot became easy as a feather. Unfortunatly one of them, in the last 2 days, started to have at the lower part some yellow leafs with brown spots.

Can you tell me please what can be the problem? I use micro/grow/bloom from advanced nutrients:0,5ml/1l of water and the producer recomand 4ml/1l of water at this age. I use such a low amount because I'm affraid not to overfeed them.

A484E902-34BF-474C-9534-EF6A7B76EBC8.jpeg

B841635C-2A40-4F7B-B314-EB00379356B3.jpeg
Hi mate. As long as it isn't creeping up the plant. I wouldnt worry to much at the minute. Those lower leaves can naturally change colour and die. Even in a healthy plant. Just keep an eye on how many more change.
Looking good though. The rest of the plant looks the right colour and healthy.

Hi mate. As long as it isn't creeping up the plant. I wouldnt worry to much at the minute. Those lower leaves can naturally change colour and die. Even in a healthy plant. Just keep an eye on how many more change.
Looking good though. The rest of the plant looks the right colour and healthy.
Ok, no worries for the moment. Thanks a lot! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom