Auto/light?

Re: Auto/light???

Im new to growing as well. I'm using Cfl's also but from the research I've done,the best way to go is 6500K temperature for veg. growth. Your lumen output should be 7,000-10,000 lumens per sq. ft. I currently have an ak-49 auto and it is growing like a charm with only 6500k bulbs. Later on I will switch some bulbs to 2700k temp when It's time for the rest of my plants to flower (5 non-autoflowering; 1 auto-flowering). To my knowledge auto-flowering cannabis will bud without changing the color temp or light on/off- cycle.
Hope this helps.

^^ light cycle 18/6
IMG_190412.jpg

Use your 45 watt full spectrum Compact Florescent Light bulbs for vegetative growth, when you are going to flower your plants change the light bulbs to the 2700 kelvin Compact Florescent Light bulbs. For vegetative growth use 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus root growth was tested and plants grown with a 16/8 lighting schedule grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. i was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants given at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most.

Thank guys! I guess my main question was how do u know its time to flip to 12/12?,I know the rule of thumb is to switch when she is about 1/2 the desired height but does that rule apply to autos as well? And also wouldn't it be best to try to use both red & blue spectrum through outthe eentire grow to replicate the suns natural light , leaning more toward either spectrum dependant on veg /flower stage?

Thank guys! I guess my main question was how do u know its time to flip to 12/12?,I know the rule of thumb is to switch when she is about 1/2 the desired height but does that rule apply to autos as well? And also wouldn't it be best to try to use both red & blue spectrum through outthe eentire grow to replicate the suns natural light , leaning more toward either spectrum dependant on veg /flower stage?

Hi KaBloom :ciao:

You can use both spectra all the way through the plants life :)

There is no need to switch lighting to 12/12 with autoflowering plants.

16/8 or 18/6 is fine all the way through.

They flower with age, not photoperiod.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom