Auto Pink Kush CBD 30:1, Coco Coir Vs Soil

Stvzie

Hi cannabis euthenists and growers. :rollit:

I have these Auto Pink Kush CBD 30:1 seeds from Seedsman as a freebie due to a previous bad batch of seeds that wouldn't germinate. Having never grown with Coco Coir I decided this would be a good opportunity to do a comparison grow between soil and coco coir. The winner will be determined by individual harvest weights after the initial drying period ( 7 -10 days). The Auto Pink Kush should be a fairly quick grow as Seedsman description stated a quick 9 weeks from germination to harvest. Let the competition begin. :tommy::tommy:

Strain: Auto Pink Kush CBD 30:1 (Pink Kush CBD Auto x Pink Afghan CBD Auto / 90% Indica)
Grow Tent: Apollo Horticulture ( 36" x 20" x 63" )
Light; Bloomspect LED BL1200 Dimmable (267W +/-3%)
Ventilation: 2 4" inline fans, 1 4" charcoal filter (1 4" fan is bringing in fresh air from outside the tent. 2nd 4" fan is connected to charcoal filter and venting out air). Also have 6 " fan for air circulation.
Grow Mediums: Fox Farms Ocean Forest Potting Soil, Fox Farms Coco Loco(Coco Coir/Perlite mix), and Nature's Creation Organic Potting Soil.
Nutrients: FF Grow Big, FF Big Bloom, FF Tiger Bloom, FF Beastie Bloomz, FF Cha Ching, FF Open Sesame, FF Bushdoctor: Kelp Me Kelp You, and FF Gringo Rasta: Cal-Mag.
Grow Schedule: Fox Farms schedules for Soil and Hydro.
Grow Labels: Are numbered 1 - 5 to identify grow mediums.
1. Coco Loco
2. Ocean Forest
3. Organic Soil
4. Ocean Forest
5. Coco Loco

I originally planned on only 3 Pink Kush CBD plants: 1 in the Coco Loco, 1 in the Ocean Forest potting soil, and 1 in the Organic potting soil. However, the seed planted in the Ocean Forest came up deformed and missing its cotyledon leaves, so I added a couple more seeds to the grow. As of today 2 seeds are growing ok, a third is starting to grow but is deformed (I took extra special care of the deformed plant and can now see some leaves beginning to grow. I'm kind of interested in how it will develop.), and 2 seeds have not sprouted yet.

I've never grown in Coco Coir before but it seems very similar to soil grows. The main difference that I have determined is that the Coco Loco will be fed/watered every day and soil being watered once every few days/alternating with nutes. I am excited to see the differences resulting from the different grow mediums and am eagerly anticipating the results. The competition has begun!!

:morenutes::welcome::goof:

Pink Kush Seedling.jpg

Attachments

• Pink Kush Deformed Seedling.jpg
    Pink Kush Deformed Seedling.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 68
Hi, discovered an error on my numbered label list. Have provided an new corrected numbered listing. Also have moved 2 of the plants to 3 gallon cloth pots. Still waiting on the other 2 seeds to germinate.

1. Coco Loco
2. Organic Soil
3. Fox Farm Ocean Forest
4. Fox Farm Ocean Forest
5. Coco Loco

Hi, I am amazed at the resulting differences in the different grow mediums: soil / Coco Loco. The PK growing in the Coco Loco has taken off and has vastly outgrown the other 3 plants in the soil. I also noticed earlier this week that it already has pistils growing out: its started flowering after only 25 days since sprouting. The PK shown on the rear right side growing in the Organic soil mix is still tiny but it also has begun showing pistils. Observation: with auto-flowering plants its not the size of the plant but is the age that determines when flowering starts ??

The 2 plants in front were transplanted into their 3 gallon pots today. The PK plant in the front left is the plant that came up deformed. It didn't do much for about 2 weeks but is looking much better in the last few days. Not shown in the picture is a 5th seedling that is still in small peat pot containing Coco Loco growing medium. If its like its sister that grew so quick, I expect it to out-grow the 3 PK plants growing in the soil mixes.

Pink Kush 10_15_20.jpg

Hi

I'm continuing the comparison grow. The 2 seedlings in the Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil are looking good. That deformed plant has filled out and now is looking like a normal plant. The 5th seedling was transplanted to its 3 gallon cloth pot of Coco Loco and is also looking good. If it grows like it sister plant #1 in the Coco Loco it should soon overtake the 2 plants growing in the FFOF soil. I'm still quite surprised by the different growths and bud development between the plant #1 (Coco Loco) and plant #2 (Organic soil). The #2 plant growing in the Organic soil is very small, its only about 6" tall. It will be interesting to see how the buds will develop and if the plant will remain small, maybe its related to phenotype genetics of Pink Kush?

Pink Kush CL 10_22_20.jpg

Pink Kush OS 10_20_20.jpg

Pink Kush Organic Soil 10_20_20.jpg

Pink Kush Ocean Forest 10_22_20.jpg

Hi, I'm continuing with the Pink Kush grow competition between soil and Coco Loco mixes. The first plant started in the Coco Loco is really looking nice with its main cola. I've never grown a CBD strain before and the buds look completely different from the buds that I've seen on my other plants and it has a nice smell that reminds me of pine trees. It may be ready for harvesting in 2 -3 weeks. The other 3 plants are also coming along nicely; 2 are in the FFOF and the other is in the Coco Loco. The plant I have growing in the Organic soil remains very small, it's only 6-7 inches tall.

Pink Kush Bud 11_4_20.jpg

Pink Kush Plant 11_4_20.jpg

Pink Kush Grow 11_4_20.jpg

Hi Everyone, The first Coco Loco plant was pot into a jar to begin the curing process last week. The small plant in the Organic soil was harvested last week , although it never got bigger than about 7-8 inches. Today I did a flush on the 3 remaining plants, I'll only be giving water for the next 1 or 2 weeks before I harvest them.

Hey man I was reading your posts and was wondering if you could give me some advice with using the coco loco.

I wanted to do my first grow in coco with a Gh watering schedule but mistakenly got coco loco instead and now my seedling are up its like day 2 and Im trying to get some advice on using proper nutrients with this already fertilized coco.

Hey man I was reading your posts and was wondering if you could give me some advice with using the coco loco.

I wanted to do my first grow in coco with a Gh watering schedule but mistakenly got coco loco instead and now my seedling are up its like day 2 and Im trying to get some advice on using proper nutrients with this already fertilized coco.
Merry Xmas SwampMoss, I'm not an expert a I only used the Coco Loco mix this one time, but It was a lot easier than I expected. Coco Loco is a coca coir mix with more enhanced nutrients including perlite. However its not a soil mix and you need to think of growing in Coco Loco as a hydro grow and you need to feed your plants even when their seedlings. I've never used the GH line of nutrients although I'm sure they have a hydro grow schedule you could use. I was watering/feeding my plants in the Coco Loco/perlite mix almost every day or 2 with no bad effects. While I don't have actual weights to compare yield yet between the FFOF and CL mixes it looks that by observation alone the CL mix is giving bigger yields/buds. I definitely plan on using the Coco Loco mix again on future grows.
:theband:

Merry Xmas SwampMoss, I'm not an expert a I only used the Coco Loco mix this one time, but It was a lot easier than I expected. Coco Loco is a coca coir mix with more enhanced nutrients including perlite. However its not a soil mix and you need to think of growing in Coco Loco as a hydro grow and you need to feed your plants even when their seedlings. I've never used the GH line of nutrients although I'm sure they have a hydro grow schedule you could use. I was watering/feeding my plants in the Coco Loco/perlite mix almost every day or 2 with no bad effects. While I don't have actual weights to compare yield yet between the FFOF and CL mixes it looks that by observation alone the CL mix is giving bigger yields/buds. I definitely plan on using the Coco Loco mix again on future grows.
Man, I've read people treat this as a soil mix because of all the amendments. I have a link to the schedule I was thinking of using but it doesn't say how much to water through out the week just a break down of the nutrients. The three that came up are looking fine so far I've only given them water.
If you would not mind taking a look at it.

What nutrients did you feed was it similar to the 3 part GH
I've also read a lot that people recommend using the 3 part fox farms for the coco loco would you recommend ?

And Merry Christmas to you as well man, thanks

Man, I've read people treat this as a soil mix because of all the amendments. I have a link to the schedule I was thinking of using but it doesn't say how much to water through out the week just a break down of the nutrients. The three that came up are looking fine so far I've only given them water.

I've also read a lot that people recommend using the 3 part fox farms for the coco loco would you recommend ?
I use the Fox Farms Nutrients. FF Grow Big, FF Big Bloom, FF Tiger Bloom, FF Beastie Bloomz, FF Cha Ching, FF Open Sesame, FF Bushdoctor: Kelp Me Kelp You, and FF Gringo Rasta: Cal-Mag. As a hydro grow I also kept close watch on my PH, EC, and PPM ranges and watered plants until I started to notice runoff occurring.

I use the Fox Farms Nutrients. FF Grow Big, FF Big Bloom, FF Tiger Bloom, FF Beastie Bloomz, FF Cha Ching, FF Open Sesame, FF Bushdoctor: Kelp Me Kelp You, and FF Gringo Rasta: Cal-Mag. As a hydro grow I also kept close watch on my PH, EC, and PPM ranges and watered plants until I started to notice runoff occurring.
I read quite a bit about the ppm meters and the importance of ph today, thank you for your help. I think Im going to try to use the nutrients I already have and like you said treat it as a hydro. Thanks again man.

If you want try a bit better comparison between Coco vs Soil try growing 4 photo-periods all the same cultivar.
Do the coco in 5 gallon fabric pots.
Do the Organic Soil in 15+ gallon fabric pots using a Clackamas Coots soil recipe or buy a ready made one like Buildasoil V3 and inoculate with mycorrhazae, at week 2 give it an Alfalfa Sprouted Seed Tea.

There should be little to no growth difference between them but the Organic Soil bud will most likely taste better.

Your 7" autoflower was stunted which happens constantly with autoflowers.
Anything and I mean ANYTHING can cause one to get stunted, soon as it does best to just yank it and start another.

Hi everyone, so all the plants have been harvested and dried. Here are the results.

1. Coco Loco: 75G / 2.6 oz
2. Organic Soil: 9G /.3 oz
3. Fox Farm Ocean Forest: (Deformed) 55G / 1.94 oz
4. Fox Farm Ocean Forest: 63G / 2.2 oz
5. Coco Loco: 60G / 2.11 oz

Total: 262G / 9.24 oz

The Coco Loco mix took 1st and 3rd places with the FFOF taking a 2nd and 4th place in weight. Overall, I think I could have achieved better results but a lot of my time was consumed by an family medical situation and the plants did not get the best of care; additionally my grow tent probably did not allow enough apace for 5 plants.

The Pink Kush CBD 30:1 did really impress me with some really wicked looking buds that gave a strong woodsy pine aroma. Plant #1 has been curing for about 4 weeks now and I have to say 3-4 puffs gives a nice relaxing body high without the head buzz. Maybe in a few weeks I can try and compare the differences between buds grown in the Coco Loco vs FFOF.

Hi cannabis euthenists and growers. :rollit:

I have these Auto Pink Kush CBD 30:1 seeds from Seedsman as a freebie due to a previous bad batch of seeds that wouldn't germinate. Having never grown with Coco Coir I decided this would be a good opportunity to do a comparison grow between soil and coco coir. The winner will be determined by individual harvest weights after the initial drying period ( 7 -10 days). The Auto Pink Kush should be a fairly quick grow as Seedsman description stated a quick 9 weeks from germination to harvest. Let the competition begin. :tommy::tommy:

Strain: Auto Pink Kush CBD 30:1 (Pink Kush CBD Auto x Pink Afghan CBD Auto / 90% Indica)
Grow Tent: Apollo Horticulture ( 36" x 20" x 63" )
Light; Bloomspect LED BL1200 Dimmable (267W +/-3%)
Ventilation: 2 4" inline fans, 1 4" charcoal filter (1 4" fan is bringing in fresh air from outside the tent. 2nd 4" fan is connected to charcoal filter and venting out air). Also have 6 " fan for air circulation.
Grow Mediums: Fox Farms Ocean Forest Potting Soil, Fox Farms Coco Loco(Coco Coir/Perlite mix), and Nature's Creation Organic Potting Soil.
Nutrients: FF Grow Big, FF Big Bloom, FF Tiger Bloom, FF Beastie Bloomz, FF Cha Ching, FF Open Sesame, FF Bushdoctor: Kelp Me Kelp You, and FF Gringo Rasta: Cal-Mag.
Grow Schedule: Fox Farms schedules for Soil and Hydro.
Grow Labels: Are numbered 1 - 5 to identify grow mediums.
1. Coco Loco
2. Ocean Forest
3. Organic Soil
4. Ocean Forest
5. Coco Loco

I originally planned on only 3 Pink Kush CBD plants: 1 in the Coco Loco, 1 in the Ocean Forest potting soil, and 1 in the Organic potting soil. However, the seed planted in the Ocean Forest came up deformed and missing its cotyledon leaves, so I added a couple more seeds to the grow. As of today 2 seeds are growing ok, a third is starting to grow but is deformed (I took extra special care of the deformed plant and can now see some leaves beginning to grow. I'm kind of interested in how it will develop.), and 2 seeds have not sprouted yet.

I've never grown in Coco Coir before but it seems very similar to soil grows. The main difference that I have determined is that the Coco Loco will be fed/watered every day and soil being watered once every few days/alternating with nutes. I am excited to see the differences resulting from the different grow mediums and am eagerly anticipating the results. The competition has begun!!

:morenutes::welcome::goof:

Pink Kush Seedling.jpg
Did you plant those Peat pots in the new bags?

Hi, I am amazed at the resulting differences in the different grow mediums: soil / Coco Loco. The PK growing in the Coco Loco has taken off and has vastly outgrown the other 3 plants in the soil. I also noticed earlier this week that it already has pistils growing out: its started flowering after only 25 days since sprouting. The PK shown on the rear right side growing in the Organic soil mix is still tiny but it also has begun showing pistils. Observation: with auto-flowering plants its not the size of the plant but is the age that determines when flowering starts ??

The 2 plants in front were transplanted into their 3 gallon pots today. The PK plant in the front left is the plant that came up deformed. It didn't do much for about 2 weeks but is looking much better in the last few days. Not shown in the picture is a 5th seedling that is still in small peat pot containing Coco Loco growing medium. If its like its sister that grew so quick, I expect it to out-grow the 3 PK plants growing in the soil mixes.

Pink Kush 10_15_20.jpg
I'm already noticing difference in seedlings in my grow with Cana Coco Vs FFOF

Are you growing hydro?

Probably your organic soil mix is either hot or not enough aeration.
If they are all autoflower they are finicky as hell.
There should be zero difference between coco and good organic soil as far as growth.
Thats not what I've been seeing. I'm doing a side by side and I bought some Coco at hydro store and hydro guy said nobody goes back to soil after growing in Coco.

Back
Top Bottom