Auto Seeds Candy Kush 400W 18L Soil Organic Nutes

DutchHazeDog

Hi guys!
Im currently at harvest of the candy kush, the genitics were not too stable (65-75 days harvest on packet, ran one for about 85 days an the rest about 95-110 days) which honestly pissed me off as i have a couple of rooms and the veg room has to wait for the flower room to finish up an i basically had to skip one harvest because the flowering time is not noted correctly by the breeder (however i could have prepared for this as every candy kush auto grow journal i can find finished pretty late aswell). Aight so the four plants i grew in full organic nutes under 250w hps veg and 400w hps flower ran the nutes at low strength (pretty fussy plants these: always complaining either not enough nutes or too much! so i prefered staying on the lower side ofcourse). They all smell pretty much like hybrid of og kush with minor differences between the plants but they all have the dank smell of the og i was looking for and are covered in crystals.

As ive done most of the growing already ill just add final weigh in statistics when i get them and a smoke report an pics in a couple of weeks.

Because these plants are taking way longer than expected ive been flushing them for ages now! I harvested two already and they are drying as full plants nice and slow. The other two that are still growing look like theyre going to give a nice amount of weed but the calyxes haven't started swelling yet and very few hairs are orange - i have been flushing them for about a month now - hopefully they will still finish in the upcoming 10 days coz og#18 is going to replace them soon. I switched to 12/12 a couple days ago to speed them up and am keeping temps low and feeding them only when soil is dry.
20140120_231127.jpg
20140120_231136.jpg
20140127_141931.jpg
IMG_20140213_080306.jpg
IMG_20140213_080311.jpg
IMG_20140213_080319.jpg
IMG_20140213_080545.jpg
IMG_20140213_080552.jpg
IMG_20140213_080558.jpg
IMG_20140213_080605.jpg
IMG_20140213_080644.jpg
IMG_20140304_172552.jpg
IMG_20140304_172617.jpg
IMG_20140318_192819.jpg
IMG_20140318_192839.jpg

When taking a good look and a picture of the first dry 'preview bud' my mates an i were pretty excited as this is the most thc we've seen on our homegrow. Definitly gonna be potent stuff!
IMG_20140323_140020.jpg
IMG_20140323_135906.jpg

Aight i haven't posted in a while but have been pretty busy modifying my grow rooms (bigger & better :p). Heres a little report on how the auto candy kush did overall:
Not very uniform plants, now that they are dry if comparing buds of one plant to another it seems like two different strains... Two plants yielded soft leafy buds and the other two 'normal' buds. Stone is pretty strong with a couchlock when smoking alot (did let the tricks get slightly amber because its kush and I have cheese for a more heady high). However I am not very pleased with the quality of the high. I smoke all day every day with a group of mates and when studying (at uni) after smoking (bong) on the candy we get slow and unproductive an like an hour and a half after the smoke we lack motivation to to anything... But then again I guess thats kindov what its supposed to do. Taste is soft, not strong at all, I cant recognize any og kush fuel or any of that in it - more like ak 47 style soft smooth smoke (but with less taste than the ak), I let the buds cure properly and dried the plants as a whole so I dont feel like the absence in taste is a grower error (some cheese I grew next to it and dried along with it has a mighty strong smell & good taste..).

Yield wise:
Plants took on average a month longer than expected. Says 65-75 days from seed so I expected bout 80-90 days but yea these took long... like 110-125 days! Half the other strains Ive run take bout a week longer than what the breeders state, the other half hit the given harvest date but these candy kush took like a pause : they were heading for the right harvest date an then when I was waiting for the tricks to ready up they halted and made me wait a month. Buds did put on some more weight I think I hit 60g per plant on average.

I think these plants are more intended for outdoor growing! Im not running anything related to them again, I like my genetics to be potent,have a good quality effect, tasty, higher than average yielding, uniform and on time. This strain to me was only potent and pretty much felt like Id get better results growing the random seeds I sometimes find hidden in my coffeeshop weed.

If you like kush and were thinking bout growing this plant, dont expect anything even close to the og. Ive grown og #18 by reserva privada a couple of times and an that stuff is the bomb! (not saying other og type seeds are not, but these candy kush aint).

Ill be starting a grow journal or two soon starring Mars 2 led lights and hydro grows, I can't wait to start flowering under those leds :p

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom