Autoflowering plant confusion

dutchstudent

Hey guys my ak49 auto is at day 73 from seed and package said about 90 day from seed to bud.

I know my plant isn't at the stage it should be due to no light for its first 4 weeks basically.

but I want to know at day 90 should I still be looking to chop or do I wait for my buds to get bigger? Will my buds get bigger?

No trichome yet at all that I could see a few hairs went a orange tinge during a three day period when my light broke but it was replaced and they have since gone back to almost pure white..

so overall I just want a vague time line on when it might be done (hard to predict I know) or at least a ball park on how far away from a final flush and stuff am I even as I keep worrying that I should be doing it soon..

sorry but I'm just confused due to it meant to be 90 day grow time! Thanks for any help guys!

20150323_182817.jpg
20150323_182805.jpg
20150323_182755.jpg

Was only told 90 days by someone but doing research now it's saying 63 days seed to bud.. I mean does that just mean no more growth? ?

It can still grow, but I'd use the trichomes for harvest still. My 60 auto went about 90 days, and another guys 60 day seed went for 150. But the lack of light for a month is gonna hurt your yield. What exactly do you mean by no light the first 4 weeks?

Thanks for reply man.. yeah i assumed it would still grow but thought it might be a lot slower and stunted.

It was under a desk light 60W bulb basically. . Have got the setup sorted since but she is my first and seeing as she grew from being tiny after a month to what she is now i have grown attached!

The earliest I have harvested an auto is 83 days, and that was only because of bud rot (she could have gone another 2 weeks), but I am outside grower.

I thought they were supposed to finish earlier indoors but the 4 weeks of poor light is an unknown variable.

Peytons advice is sound just let her go till she's ripe, and she looks a great size for an auto :thumb:

I assume you are feeding some bloom nutes......

The earliest I have harvested an auto is 83 days, and that was only because of bud rot (she could have gone another 2 weeks), but I am outside grower.

I thought they were supposed to finish earlier indoors but the 4 weeks of poor light is an unknown variable.

Peytons advice is sound just let her go till she's ripe, and she looks a great size for an auto :thumb:

I assume you are feeding some bloom nutes......

Well that's good to hear last time I had a problem people said it looked verynunder developed and small! :) yeah I'm giving her what I was given in the grow shop.. It's basic bloom nutes don't know exact ratio atm.. had some trouble translating the dutch though and nearly killed the plant by messing up the nutes I had to give her a thorough flush but nute burn is still quite evident!

just to update the NPK is 3-3-4.. the plant loves it though after the first feeding mishap she's grown much nicer with the added nutes it's given her a huge boost! :)

Kind of a side question on this topic for someone with experience. .

I have a regular lucid bolt who is 48 days in soil and already I know I will have to do some lst on her when I flip to flowering as she is already nearly 3 ft. . But I don't want her (hopefully) to get too big..

I've read people putting auto flowers down to 12/12 toward the end without any real effect but is that a possibility from this far back or another week perhaps? As I didn't really want to veg for this long thought the ak49 wouldbe almost ready to cut at this stage!

Howdy dutchstudent!

Your NPK values for bloom are a bit strange as you still have a high Nitrogen compared to the phosphorus and potassium values. If you are in the Netherlands, may I sûggest you source some BioBizz or Plagron bloom nutes.

Autos don't care how much light they get. Obviously more light more growth, bigger buds........

Howdy dutchstudent!

Your NPK values for bloom are a bit strange as you still have a high Nitrogen compared to the phosphorus and potassium values. If you are in the Netherlands, may I sûggest you source some BioBizz or Plagron bloom nutes.

Autos don't care how much light they get. Obviously more light more growth, bigger buds........

Yeah I thought this myself but it was all in a grow shop where they gave me soil which had nutrients in it which would last about 6-7 weeks and we're mainly veg nutes (didn't have this soil for this plant btw! It's in regular garden soil) and they said the nutes they gave me would provide a good all round for the rest of the plant life..

I will as I get more experience be looking towards some other nutes but think these were just kind of what they give to new growers perhaps? I don't know but will definitely keep those names in mind when I'm next in there!

Okay so I might actually throw in another lucid bolt into a smaller pot give it a week on 18/6 then flip the whole lot into 12/12...

I know the other lucid bolt won't give much but tbh I just want to use them in anyway as I want to grow a few auto's the next couple grows and I was given five of these free at the growshop so don't particularly have a need for them!

Thanks for chipping in though man :)

Back
Top Bottom