Azamax - Please Help!

4Dutchess

Hello All! Im not sure if Ive had mites all along but I noticed them this year. I put clones out in Feb. and harvest in May and usually let then reveg and harvest again in Oct. Last falls crop wasent the greatest and this year Im doing seeds I bred. I noticed bad spidermites on my clones and started using Azamax. The grow shop said I got them outside too just not bad enough to notice and to use Aza max.
Spraying the plants is too much work so I add to the soil. My questions are......
Is Aza max good enough?
Use something else?
should i drench the plant when I water or just a few fl.ounces????
Should I spray too?
Cost is a factor and so is easy to use.
Jesse

Azamax will kill pretty much everything that you need to worry about, I use it regularly in my garden.

The most effective way to kill pests that are physically on the plant leaves, and perhaps buds later, if worms show up, is to spray the plant.

To attack spidermites, spray the undersides of the leaves as well. Azamax drenching will effectively eliminate fungus gnats as well. It's a broad spectrum pesticide. So unless you have gnats that you're trying to rid, spraying is the best bet .

In addition, you might consider other products that our Sponsor(s), Sierra natural science carries, they have the SNS-203 which is a great fungus gnat preventative and soil drench, as well as the SNS-217 which also works to combat spider mites.

Best wishes :goodluck:

I think Azamax is as good as it gets for the stuff I'm willing to use. However, if you have mites, I'd be spraying the leaves. Azamax works well on root aphids and other pests in the soil when applied as a drench, but I doubt it will do the job on mites when used that way. Dunno.

Another effective spray is Monterey Rose and Flower. It contains neem and pyrethrin.

i fought mites for a year, on and off. until i got more serious, and kept treating, on a rotatating basis, REAGARDLESS if i saw them on not. i rotated azemax, and need oil, every five days, top, bottom, everywhere, for six weeks. it has now been about a year, and no bugs. i also prepared, by harvesting the plants i could, and haveing a handfull of my strains, when they were just in gallon size pots. this made treatments easier. Also, i never treat a plant that has been in bloom, for more than a couple weeks. at any rate, they kept comming back, till i did the above mentioned. You must treat em every five days, as this is the cycle.

Thanks!!! I guess its the labor involved in spraying Im leery of. drenching seems easier. I got a pump sprayer I used to a vinager wash on the walls to clean them and will flush and start spraying Azamax periodically. As far as bugs I really dident know I have them untill I got a clone from a friend and soon I had spider mites with my clones under 24hr. schedule in the rinkadink set up Ive got next to my washer. The guy at the growshop said I have them outdoors too and use Aza max. I never really had a noticable problem untill my friends clone. I have been growing clones untill Feb and put outside for a may crop, 4footers. Im growing seeds I bred this year. Thanks everybody for the advice!!!

Back
Top Bottom