BABI - Effin' Effeminate Surprise: Seed To Harvest Soil Grow

Glass jar = no bueno, you‘ve got zero drainage, plus it’s not just about drainage it’s also about getting oxygen to the roots. No matter how much you control the moisture there is zero air moving thru the soil.

Plus the shape alone is not good, yes it tapers from wide down to narrow as it should but the wide part is still smaller than the neck. I see the miniature tools but part of the upcan means not disturbing the rootball it’s so much easier to slide a solo cup off the rootball at time of first upcan

Weed roots love air but they do not like exposure to light, it’s why we use dark containers and not ones that are clear or translucent. Tender roots are whiteish or slightly yellow in color, to protect itself from sunlight a tree will grow a specialized skin or bark on any exposed roots. Weed does not build this protective coating on its roots, I suspect the roots will light prune themselves much similar to the air pruning that happens in fabric pots.

but I’m all in for experimentation so let’s get this party started
First of all thank you for taking the time to write in length, I appreciate it!
I know about all issues mentioned.
As Picassos famous quote said, you have to know the rules in order to break them, or something like that..
This kind of shenanigans is only legit when you have the time to monitor frequently. We all know that plants don't die so quickly. First sign of distress I'll repot. i don't think plants stalls growth if some small thin roots are damaged in the prosess.
Of course I'm not comparing, but look at what bonsai trees roots go through and the trees last... Different plant I know. So why not 2 cups? Idk, I'm classy like that lol.. Glass ruls :)
Will be nice to see the roots develop every day tho? I'll try to post every day

@013 btw, I'm not sure that you are correct on the bark thing. Look
2 different plants. If color is off I assure you that that was white toots back then, and now it's treelike
20210224_182002.jpg
20210224_181941.jpg

Dabeast I’m sorry wasn’t trying to sound smart ass or negative there, yes of course above ground roots build the protective layer but generally speaking tender white underground roots of weed plants can’t be exposed to light for prolonged periods of time... but as I said let’s watch this glass jar plant do it’s thing!!

Dabeast I’m sorry wasn’t trying to sound smart ass or negative there, yes of course above ground roots build the protective layer but generally speaking tender white underground roots of weed plants can’t be exposed to light for prolonged periods of time... but as I said let’s watch this glass jar plant do it’s thing!!
There's nothing to be sorry about, I didn't took it like that at all. And yes! Let's do this! What the harm that can happen? :love:

What about kratky? I only use it for herbs but about half their roots are dry at any given time. I'm just waking up so I'm probably missing the point.

Aw shit - I‘m a country boy and we grow shit in dirt ‘round here so I have to break out my ADA card cuz I’m hydroponically challenged!!! I thought the reason most hydro growers are using dark gear, hydroton & those plastic covers was in an attempt to shield roots from light, prevent the start of root rot etc.

Aw shit - I‘m a country boy and we grow shit in dirt ‘round here so I have to break out my ADA card cuz I’m hydroponically challenged!!! I thought the reason most hydro growers are using dark gear, hydroton & those plastic covers was in an attempt to shield roots from light, prevent the start of root rot etc.
I laugh cuz of the first part lol
There is no argu my brother, I'm just curious and a photographer!!
Creating shots! :) :)

Top:
20210228_141553.jpg

Roots :

20210228_143045.jpg
20210228_141514.jpg
20210228_141504.jpg
I have seen people grow in clear cups with a solo cup outside it. But glass yeiks!
Hope your little shovel works

I knew you'd all hate it
:laughtwo:

Its ok I assure you I can and will up pot her in the right time, and she'll live..
Relax...
:)

I knew you'd all hate it

Its ok I assure you I can and will up pot her in the right time, and she'll live..
Relax...
:)
I have faith in you my friend. Its fun sometimes to go against the grain just to show its possible. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom