Back4More - Autos & Bag Seeds - CFL & LED

just a new room update and Day 72 for the 2 in Veg and the Autos is on Day 33. hope the take up the new light and enjoy it espishly the auto since shes the nicest atm. Im having heat problems (to low ) in the new room because its in a basement. Anyone got any cheap heat sources ideas ? the best iv got at the moment is a 50w heat bulb but it does nt give light, so il have to try that. my other option is a small wood burner stove in the basement a couple feet from the box:) iv a Rad in there atm but cant keep it on long or use it all the time. they use abit of electicty along side lights etc.
IMG_204011.JPG
IMG_203819.JPG
IMG_203714.JPG
IMG_203617.JPG
IMG_203913.JPG

The last pic is either sulfur, zink or more then liklley (K) Def

Gypsum
Not every amendment helps plants grow by supplying nutrients; a number of them work in indirect ways. Take gypsum, a mined mineral that is nothing more than cal¬cium sulfate (plaster of Paris). Although gypsum does supply plants with the nutrients calcium and sulfur, it is usually applied to improve drainage in clay soils high in sodium, which prevents aggregation of clay particles. The calcium in gypsum displaces the sodium, allowing the clay particles to clump together into larger units through which water more readily drains. Because gypsum has no effect on soil pH, it can supply calcium with no change in acidity. Limestone could supply calcium, but it decreases soil acicdity This powdered mineral contains calcium (20 percent) and sulfur (15 percent).

Alfalfa meal
Alfalfa meal is nothing more than ground alfalfa leaves and stems. As a legume, the alfalfa plant absorbs nitrogen from the air. Thus, its foliage is a significant source of nitrogen when added to soil. As the meal decomposes, it releases nitrogen as well as smaller quantities of phosphorus, potassium (its analysis is 2.5-1-1), and micronutrients. Alfalfa also contains the plant hormone triacontanol, which can boost plant growth.
When deciding whether or not to apply these amendments, weigh the cost and trouble of application against the potential benefits. Then, watch closely what happens. Maybe your roses do, in fact, need Epsom salts.
Wood Ash

Suppose a soil test or off-color leaves (browning around the edges) suggests that your soil lacks potassium, a major plant nutrient (the “K” in N-P-K). Rather than reach for a bag of 10-10-10, which is 10 percent potassium, you could, instead, add this nutrient by spreading wood ashes. Depending on the kind of wood burned, wood ashes contain 3 to 7 percent potassium plus an array of other nutrients in lesser amounts. Wood ashes, however, also decrease soil acidity. If over¬applied (more than 20 pounds per thousand square feet), they can be detrimental to some plants. I never sprinkle the ashes beneath rhododendrons, blue¬berries, or other plants that require acidic soil.

To me the pic's look like the beginning stages of cal deficiency.
Here's a link to why,I think it's cal...
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
Scroll down a bit and you'll see were they talk about calcium def.
Also I don't know all the science behind it but plant's grown under led will need additional Calcium and/or magnesium.
I believe it has something todo with the spectrum most led's put out.
Not saying it's the light it self.Did you ever pick a bottle of some kind of cal/mag supplement?
As for the heat issue's.What time do you run light's on?I run my light's to be on at night.The coldest part of the day.
What about your RAD heater on a timer?
Abouthow high is your led hung?

Think ur right there i had a look and it looks like it, its just so had to decide what it is when theres otheres similar. I stil need to pick up a G.O cal/mag or i might have to get on in a normal garden centre if they do them couse the grow shops a good bit away form me. Iv Definitly noticed that and maby with hps also? it must be the plants getting the mixed specs they like and just growing and using up the nutes :) Iv picked decent times Off at 11am On at 5pm is ruffly when it starts getting warm and starts getting cold.:high-five: Yea i could do that on a timer also but if i can get something smaller and smaller watt too that i can use more often for winter times(just to save on the electicty bill) and my light now is 20'' away. should i move closer or ? and the cfls are closer :D

I hear ya man.Deficiency's are a pain and some look very similar.
I don't know what kind of supplement's and what not they have at your garden center,but Im sure there's something.
Maybe some hydrated lime would do the trick.I don't know if hps has any effect with cal issue's but I know led does.
Many growers here along with myself have ran across this issue with led.
How cold are we talking?To cold when light's are on?Other then adding more cfl's or a smaller heater,Im not sure how your going to keep them warm.
Do you have a fan in the area at all?I didn't notice one in the pic's.Maybe a small fan blowing some air around will help distribute some warmer air all around the area,instead of going up and straight out.
20 inch's sound's about.I believe they(topled)recommend 1-1.5 ft.So your in the ball park.
Just keep an eyeon them and if they are stretching like crazy lower it a bit.
Cfl get as close as you can with out burning them.
I would hang the one with the splitter on it directly in the middle of those girl's if possible.

I rang around a few local garden shops there and they said thev no cal but 2 recomended to go to a chemist a get it there ? i do not know how id give it to them (how much i mean) since its for humans really:hmmmm: Sound for the heads up anyway i suppode il have to take a trip to the grow shop and get some real Cal/Mag and some more soil to keep in stock :) well lights of today was 12.5c and i forgot i pluged the heater into the timer aswell so it also went of.. silly mistake haha. I plugged it back in anyway and im gonna check the temp now before lights are back on and last night hights temp (lights on) was 21c. Not bad.. but not quite good enough. Im gonna do a bit of insulating now and see how thing improve. yea il notice the auto growth in the next vcouple of days and see whats happening with the light:) Im guessing by 'splitter' u mean hang the cfl horizontally above them ? il try to today if so not much room with the led in the middles:thumb:

Damn.I never heard of going to a chemist for a plant supplement.lol
I'd definitly get to the grow shop before I do that.Or maybe even order on-line.
Actually,I think Reg has a diy cal/mag mixture he was using at one time.
I may be able to dig it up,or maybe ask him for it.
I wanna say it was milk but not sure what else was in it.All were everyday household item's tho,and may work as a temporary fix until you get to the grow shop.
Had to google 12.5c convert's to in F...lol.
Yea that is a bit cold,I like 21c better.lol
What about a fan?Do you have one in your grow area?Plant's need some air circulation?movement,but Im sure you knew that.
Insulation should help a bit with keeping air warmer, longer when your light's do kick off.
By the 'Splitter' I meant the Cfl Light fixture hanging in front of the big cfl,look's like you have a splitter or a ''Y'' with 2 bulb's.That's the one I would try and get,either in the middle ,not hanging over top but in the middle.Lighting up the inside's of the plant's.
If hanging it is a problem because of the led.Maybe take the reflector off the big cfl and place that in the center of the plant's,just as you have it standing up now,just moved in to the center of plant's.
I think you would get better coverage all around.I know you will have other little issue's that may pop up or prevent you from doing anything I suggested about moving them and I was just tossing some shit out there.
You'll do just fine the way there set up now.:thumb:
Are you using both veg and bloom switches on your led?

Actually man,it was pretty easy to find...
Here's a link..
New City Grower 2.0

It's an Awesome journal and a stand up guy.:Namaste:
Lot's of different strain's,all form's of training,Weekly harvest ,beautiful smoke report's and a damn fine grower.
Did I mention he's a hell of a guy..:tokin:
No but really,It's a good journal to follow and has lot's of info on just about everything.
Lot of subscriber's also,If Im not around to help or you just want/need a second opinion.Just pop over there and someone will be more then happy to come and lend some knowledge.:thumb:
He won't mind.

Actually man,it was pretty easy to find...
Here's a link..
New City Grower 2.0

It's an Awesome journal and a stand up guy.:Namaste:
Lot's of different strain's,all form's of training,Weekly harvest ,beautiful smoke report's and a damn fine grower.
Did I mention he's a hell of a guy..:tokin:
No but really,It's a good journal to follow and has lot's of info on just about everything.
Lot of subscriber's also,If Im not around to help or you just want/need a second opinion.Just pop over there and someone will be more then happy to come and lend some knowledge.:thumb:
He won't mind.

Great, iv seen a bit of him around in other journals, didnt think he was that experienced :thedoubletake: thats what u want tbh , il have to read up some stuf on his J and follow. He sounds like hes a very bussy J too , be looking foward to his knowledge sharing :D Sound for that man :goodjob:

I know i wouldnt of thought of it myself haha. Im gona order from my shop, they say it only takes next day to deliver and they didnt have the G.O Cal/Mag that i thoght, only canna cal and canna mag seprate so il get the cal for now. Iv seen milk on the PH chat as 6.5 and obviously its good for the cal source. U cant beat a handy diy making if it works well:)
The temps gone up abit now 23c. i added 2 small pc fans up top blowing down and one just blowing air around abit. The led fans are helping move air above around abit too. Iv put the Cfl up on the wall lower then the led tho and the smaller ones half way on the plans to let light down and in the middle like u said. Thats cool ideas are always usefull oneway or another:D And the led is on full blast atm, but il have to insulate better and set up a bigger fan i have at the end of this grow then il use just the veg spec for a couple weeks see how it goes :peace:

Hey Indo..
Sorry man,I ain't been threw in a few day's.Been a bit under the weather.
Im not sure what's going on with your 2 older girl's.I sure looked like it was N and a bit of cal/mag issue's.
Im puzzled and hope they start looking on the up.The auto look's green as can be.I don't get it.
I don't remember but did you decide to PH adjust your watering's?
Idk but a flush may be something to think about.

Whats upp pal. No worries, nothing a bit of sleep and a couple of hits wont solve :D I know man i find it abit funny myself, gave it all the nutes it could want and still no joy. Suppose they dont call it trial and error for no reason. I do because i dont think it would be safe to not to and it always 6.5 .6 or .7:) Yup thats what i should of done tbh earlyer and if not next watering. i gave her a 2nd dose of cal/mag and bio grow just to see if they need something from NPK, but need the cal/mag to help absorb what ever it needs form the NPK ( just a thought) There only bagseeds anyway and my first photos, so its not a big prob if things dont turn iv more of these same ones to try out too. Il have more pics 2m anyway germing some more autos to:peace: And keep well :thumb:

Only so much one can do :high-five: True, after a flush if they stay alive il be getting them into 12/12 ( the auto should be nearly done then, im trying to keep things 18/6 till autos out) Yea i but some Tomatoes, parsley & some texas wild flowers in a heated propagator along with another bag seed and 2 of the same auto Quickones again :) i was gona pop one straight into the soil under a T5 wasnt much room left tho so i thought id test it next time. Cant find a cam atm trying to get a couple pics up later today:tokin:

Idk man.From the look's of the auto in the last pic's,she has another 2 months.You have grown a lot more auto's then I have tho and I could be wrong.I know the one Im growing now is way past it's flower time.lol.
I'm happy with that tho,cause she's twice as big as I thought auto's get.:thumb:
Propagator sound's best..I never did have much luck with going straight to soil.I like to know the seed cracked.lol
Good luck finding the camera.Looking forward to a few pic's.:high-five:

It could be, I forgot the times the breeder says is always short, with autos anyway iv noticed:) Shes 6 weeks today and they say 8-9 so another 2-4 max id say and also my fisrt time with the led to. so that could push the time limit closer to the 8 week mark hopefully... or just more bigger buds :D Im the same here, i like to see growth and with cuttings too, i thought id just give it a go:slide:
Change of plan anyway, 2 Q.O and a Royal Jack auto in germ. I only had one jack seed that i got couse its a friends fav so im see what i can do with it. Nearly forgot my cutting of the photo, still green but no roots so i might pop her into a pot:) Few flicks tomorro nohing majior just an overview :Namaste:

Got my hands on a cam not the best tho well se when i upload anyway:) All 3 Seeds germed indeed man :high-five:, Just needed to get the hang of things:D
Now the tall photo def i think is fixed the last feed i gave was about a week ago with cal/mag and grow, it might of burnt her abit or the nutes just need time to stop what was spreading not sure but the steams and stiffing up and the leaves and new growth look green/greener on both photos. The other small photo is very bushy but small its like a mini jungle in the middle of it lol
The auto speakes for its self really nothing major, just a simple kinda gal:tokin: I only potted 2 of the new autos..Jack and Q.O and theres another Q.O in germ that need a bit of a bigger root. Hope i didnt mix em up, one seed shell that was ment to be the Jack was black almost and the other 2 brown with the vein genitcs still visible:) My hands are full of muk from hand mixing in vermic&perlite into the soil, first time using vermic:)
IMG00009-20150411-1904.jpg
IMG00008-20150411-1904.jpg
The Jack seed in its hole.
PHOTOS
IMG00015-20150411-1927.jpg
IMG00016-20150411-1927.jpg
IMG00018-20150411-1928.jpg
IMG00019-20150411-1928.jpg
IMG00017-20150411-1927.jpg

AUTOS
IMG00011-20150411-1925.jpg
IMG00014-20150411-1926.jpg
IMG00013-20150411-1926.jpg

And All + Vegie Plants The green dot u see below is a texas wildflower of somesort, 2 more to pop up :D
Copy_of_IMG00022-20150411-1929.jpg
IMG00010-20150411-1924.jpg
IMG00020-20150411-1929.jpg

For some reason my Tomatoes go pale when i put them under light, i but them ur just the cfls a while ago and they went all pale and leafs started to go purple. and when i took them out and put them back under the window they recovered:hmmmm: Anyway back under lights again they must be confused to death haha. There cuttings from last summer btw:)

Back
Top Bottom