Background light in my tent

Stunned

Hi Guys,

This might sound a little dumb. I know it is on my part for not thinking about it.
I started day 1 of flower today and was checking that the new programming for the light timer was working
and noticed that the new extension cord I put into the tent has one of those little glowy ends on it
its giving off a light orange light
Is this bad for sleeping plants?

Hi Guys,

This might sound a little dumb. I know it is on my part for not thinking about it.
I started day 1 of flower today and was checking that the new programming for the light timer was working
and noticed that the new extension cord I put into the tent has one of those little glowy ends on it
its giving off a light orange light
Is this bad for sleeping plants?
Most definitely. You may struggle to get them to flower. I just went through 3 months of thinking I'd eliminated a light leak on several occasions. If you can see anything inside you grow space with lights out, then it's not dark enough imo

Here is a tid bit of info I recently learned. As long as it not intense. Small amounts of light are not the problem I once thought it was. I learned early on to stop all light from penetrating the grow space. On a recent visit to mentors grow. I notice the door to the flower room was open. You could see the plants on the outside and barely see the walls on the far side of the room. I always thought that that would effect flowering. He informed me as long as the light was consistent small amounts do not matter. Pretty much the same as light from the moon. Mixing total darkness with small amounts of light creates a problem. If they never know total darkness they don't miss it. 45 plants in a bedroom need lots of fresh air. The grower found leaving the bedroom door open did impede flowering.....................................
This is just helpful info. Its still a good practice to go with total darkness

Back
Top Bottom