Bard's Third: Indoor, Coco, Chemdogs, Doctor & NL

Happy long weekend all!

Lots of fun things to share today.

First, the four gals got up-potted into their final home: 3-gallon fabric pots.

Here they are before relocating:

IMG_3351.JPG

Looks like the Chem 91 had some calcium deficiencies early on, but new leaves all look better. I'm really happy with how The Doctor and my Northern Lights have leaped forward. They are looking really good to me.

Here's the fabric pot with coco and coco chunks. Hole dug out and sprinkled with Great White myco:

IMG_3355.JPG

Was just starting to get some root circling at the base of the solo cup, but otherwise roots are looking good. This is the Northern Lights root system:

IMG_3356.JPG

And here they are all in their new palaces.

IMG_3361.JPG

Which is part of the fun news (for me): I finally got my 4x4 tent set up. Loving the extra space, and the bonus is that this tent is about 10" taller than my old 4x2. The top of the new tent just barely clears the joists in the basement ceiling. I'm going to need some more plants to fill this baby up!

The new tent is bigger, which is great, but the quality is not as good as on the 4x2. The fabric is flimsier, and not enough ports/socks. I am going to go a-hunting for some flanges to add some additional outlets for ventilation, cords, etc.

And finally one other tidbit to share. I had a very small, unsuccessful grow going on the sidelines during July and August. They were all autos, and I failed miserably. This was before I had the new tent, and I was really struggling with environment. Humidity was way too low. Autos being autos, I had no time to recover and get them healthy before flowering started.

It was really depressing/annoying me, so I culled everything except this one DDA. She is tiny tiny, but she made it to the finish line. Fun to see her colours.

IMG_3366.JPG

IMG_3364.JPG

Here's a shot of her trichs. Looks done to me, so she'll get the axe (a very, very small axe) later today or tomorrow.

Sun Sep 01 14-11-54.jpg

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend with friends and family. Be safe!

Congrats on the new tent, DDA should be some great smoke if only a few doobies!

Thanks Penny! I will definitely try growing DDA again, just with a better environment. I recall your saying that it was a strain with good effects.

It’s really different from what most peeps are used too.

Meant to ask you Penny how the first week or two at the new gig worked out? Here's hoping that it is somewhere between tolerable and enjoyable!

Hello everyone,

The girls are doing great in their new home. Today is DAY 22 since germinating.

I moved them to their 3-gallon fabric pots about 9 days ago, and they have settled in nicely. Up until about a week ago, I wasn't really happy with the leave colour. It took me longer than it should have to figure out that they were being under-fed. Oops. I was using the same EC as my last grow, but clearly these gals are more hungry. The Chem gals are doing pretty well, but are lagging in size a bit. The NL and The Doctor are just taking off in size.

Here they are:

IMG_3409.JPG

IMG_3408.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

Here they are all together:

IMG_3405.JPG

From here my plan is to continue to watch their colour. I'll probably keep EC at the current level for the next several days, and then nudge it up a little more if I think they can take it.

Sometime in the next week (or less), I will be topping all of them just above the fourth node, and repeating the quadlining approach that I did in my first grow. I'll post before and after pics when I do the surgery.

PS: in case anyone is wondering, I am growing in pure coco. The white stuff on the top of each pot is called "Gnat Nix," and it is supposed to prevent insects from landing on the medium, laying eggs, etc. I am also using the yellow sticky traps. I have been lucky so far, with no infestations, but just using both of these as preventative techniques.

Thanks for stopping by!

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Completely agree. I've heard such horror stories of gnats and mites infesting indoor grows from other folks here, I'm trying to stay ahead as much as possible. So far, no issues, and I want to keep it that way.

Back
Top Bottom