Basic fertilizers needed before start? 50 year old garden - Never fertilized

Wizzzzard

I will be doing my first grow in a garden worked for 50 years with NO fertilizer added during use (basic garden plantings, tomatoes, corn, etc.). I am assuming many/most of the nutrients have been depleted over the years.

Over the next few years I will be trying an assortment of different strains (most leaning toward the sativa side). I can fine tune any nutrient needs with fertilizer with each individual grow but my question is this...

What should I add to the garden now that will prepare the soil for cannabis cultivation. I have read that manure and compost give a good "base" with which to start with as both will benefit all strains.

How many people recommend this as a good start? What else, if anything, would people recommend I add?

I am wanting to replenish the basics that have been depleted over the years, hope this makes sense.....

All input is Greatly Appreciated from this end.

Wizzzzard

^ Agreed. ^​

Until you know where you are, it is difficult to know which way to go.
For example, if you want to try high brix growing, you would not want any compost or manure.
The one safe thing you can do is mineralization. I'm not aware of it being a problem, but again, who knows if you need to even do that?

Im Mew To Growing But A Lot Here Use Fox Farms.. There Is A Thread All About Ferts In The Sticky Labeled "Everything U Need To Know About Growing Marijuana" .. But From What Ive Gathered Its Always Best To Start With Good High Quality Soil Like FFOF With Perlite Added For Good Drainage.. Thats What I Plan To Do And I Will Be Using The Fox Farms "Dirty Dozen" Kit As It Has Everything I Will Need.. Plus Ill Also Be Buying Some Ph Up And Ph Down To Keep My Ph Under control

Back
Top Bottom