Best soil and nutrient/fertilizer combination to keep things simple?

I'm hoping to use one soil I can buy in bag form. I really don't want to mix my own. I also want one fertilizer I could use start to finish. That's simple to me.
Haha, that was me when I started. I wanted it "super ez".. A lot of people will say don't use MG potting soil (Miracle Grow), but I did for 2 years, and I only used 1 bottle of MG all purpose plant food... Now I use 'OLS" (Organic Living Soil) here's a link to a website for beginners... Living Soil: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide | AgZaar ... It's fairly ez once you get in the habit.....And BTW, in soil I have never had to PH my water my soil does it for me, and I use regular tap water...and another thing you mentioned 4 or 5 plants in a 4x4 tent is way too many, start with 2 and believe me they "will" fill your tent when done. Good luck! ...lol...and another thing I forgot to mention is I can reuse my soil over and over again, now it's called "ROLS" recycled organic living soil...

This place is full of trolls and fools...I get trolled regularly and run off threads...one shut down this guys journal this week on me. Fun stuff.

I just be a broken record.

I can do better...I choose to show people what I think is super easy. It runs hot and people like that.

I have grown in only perlite and coco...but only when experimenting. Now I mix and everytime it is basically from the heart with what I have and never the same...but always bout like that. Because nature doesn't need precision.

Well now you finally asked the first correct question ;) :goodjob: ...now you are opening the can of worms...

Humor me and go reread my first post...

So...what I am describing in short is what I refer to as the cheater method...and I cheat constantly.

What is soil? It is a bunch of stuff. What is good soil...it is a bunch of real old stuff. I use ancient forest products that are hundreds of years old in some of my stuff.

What I have been describing is we should be recycling our soils and keep amending them. There are more advance soil layering techniques in my journal. And next summer I am going to do a cold plug hot plug experiment on some autos. I haven't at all explained layered hot soil.

But you are asking me now...should I make some compost? I say yes. I think that would be great.

This is the gold standard compost recipe I use. Put this in a bucket for a month and grow some weed.

I used cheater to make this and only added nutes in bloom. Then recycled it...while it was blooming and I recycled the males and below is the 2nd grow happeneing while it was cooking down the rootball and then a 2nd gen clone on 6 month ROLS I have to post next. But after it gets going it is all autopilot just add water.

That last shot is showing a handfull of 1 week clones. I had to shut down but had super black compost. It was awesome stuff. I through in some not really ready clones and gave them 1 week and bloomed them. One dose of tea and only water with sugars after that. Everything here is on some sort of recycled compost.

Lookin good! I think 90% people just over do it. Used to drive myself nuts trying to control everything! Let things do their things, a lil TLC n your good to go! Hope nobody minds but here's a couple of mine.

I could look at plants n buds all night!!

Well now you finally asked the first correct question ;):goodjob: ...now you are opening the can of worms...

Humor me and go reread my first post...

So...what I am describing in short is what I refer to as the cheater method...and I cheat constantly.

What is soil? It is a bunch of stuff. What is good soil...it is a bunch of real old stuff. I use ancient forest products that are hundreds of years old in some of my stuff.

What I have been describing is we should be recycling our soils and keep amending them. There are more advance soil layering techniques in my journal. And next summer I am going to do a cold plug hot plug experiment on some autos. I haven't at all explained layered hot soil.

But you are asking me now...should I make some compost? I say yes. I think that would be great.

This is the gold standard compost recipe I use. Put this in a bucket for a month and grow some weed.
I think I'm going to stick with the 1/3, happy frog, perlite, manure blend for this one. Baby steps.

I understand a mix that is shown in the video has to sit for a month but the does the 1/3 mix need to sit for that long since most of the nutrients in the happy frog have already been together for awhile?

Me 2...yours are very nice. You are riding just over the edge which is just about right. Nice job! The one that looks real cool half way down is way over done but ... it looks cool. And is was nice I am sure.

No cheater instantly works and is hot as heck, just doesnt have everything. You can buy subcools mix sent to you as a package deal. But that is just stupid.

But it works ...you need nothing but water in veg and maybe add some calcium.

The way you make it really work like I do is adding tea and sugars. You can get them both at the hydro store or make your own and use molasses.

You don't have to do what I do. You will be fine on water. If you are not going to recycle the soil ...it isn't a big deal. You use good water in veg and when you start bloom... "pic your poison".

So to be clear. 2 ways to go.

Super easy is water good...pH it and add calcium. That just works. In bloom grab a good nute and take care of her.

Or how I roll... I add microbes and sugar until it works. I don't care and have patience and make nature work for me.

I think I'm going to stick with the 1/3, happy frog, perlite, manure blend for this one. Baby steps.

I understand a mix that is shown in the video has to sit for a month but the does the 1/3 mix need to sit for that long since most of the nutrients in the happy frog have already been together for awhile?
From what I'm understanding, no, since the steer manure should be pre-composted. Letting it sit like that is only when you're adding uncomposted amendments.

The deal bro is tough love. I aint gonna stroke you because you don't need that.

You knew exactly what I was talking bout.

Mine are not perfect...but I am on autopilot. Or trying to be. I could do better...I am trying to be on autopilot. But mine are not perfect...but they are cheap and easy to make.

I have never tried to document me trying to actively manage like hydro. I hope to get that going by next fall but...that's why you do hydro.

If you want to be all technical and OCD about it run an organic hydro. I do this in hydro too. I am teaching a guy on here right now to run on tea only or almost only tea.

Next summer fallish...when I have good clone stock I will get all anal...but right now in am enjoying myself.

The precomposted stuff is the best but it composts in the pot...over those 4 months then goes in the bin.

I add it to my sub cool mix straight up

My journal document a layered method. I use in the top 3/4 pot "cheater" with the bottom 1/4 is subcools.

Subcools is too hot for babies if it is cooked. You use 1/3 to buffer yourself into subcool.

Now that gets you the bomb.

Or you do cold plug hot plug which is a repotting method of the same thing. Grow it in a 3 gallon pot of cheater for veg then repot to a 6 gallon with compost at the bottom for bloom.

That is how I plan to handle autos this spring.

Na I am saying for me....if in wanna crank it up a notch and pay attention I will just do hydro. I do it off and on.

But if I am in soil...my goal is to make a good compost and see what that makes. But that is me...I could do better but I enjoy just microbing it up. My method does not prevent doing better I set you up for easy changes.

I been agreeing with you.....I quit doing teas n compost because I went commercial size. Now I use ocean forrest and nature's nectar. I don't ph, I don't change my feed cycles, I stick a clone in its final pot n don't feed til flowering. I threw a second option out n he went with yours, I mentioned prior I back your style 100%. Last thing I'm looking for is to be "stroked" I don't need that. I'd have journal up n posting pics all day but I dont . I do strive for perfection n I have been from time I had 1 shitty light in a closet n I will til they stick my ass in the ground n plant a seed on my grave

Back
Top Bottom