BBBG - BloomBox Blackberry Grow

Things are going really well! Knock on WOOD! My Widows are PHAT!

Flower- week 2 feeding 8 gal res
liquid big bud-10ml/gal = 80ml
bloom-7.5ml/gal = 60ml
micro-5m/gal = 40ml
grow-2.5ml/gal = 20ml
b-52, hyox, mother earth tea bloom-3ml/gal = 24ml
barricade- .5ml = 4ml
ph-5.5-5.8
ppm-1300
co2 flow-4

ww71.jpg
ww54.jpg

Flower- week 3 feeding 8 gal res
bloom-7.5ml/gal = 60ml
micro-5m/gal = 40ml
grow-2.5ml/gal = 20ml
B-52, hyox, Mother Earth Tea Bloom-3ml/gal = 24ml
barricade- .5ml = 4ml
ph-5.5-5.8
ppm-1300
co2 flow-6

And the best part is I haven't even opened the box in a week. :cheer:

Things are going really well! Knock on WOOD! My Widows are PHAT!

Flower- week 2 feeding 8 gal res
bloom-7.5ml/gal = 60ml
micro-5m/gal = 40ml
grow-2.5ml/gal = 20ml
b-52, hyox, mother earth tea bloom-3ml/gal = 24ml
barricade- .5ml = 4ml
ph-5.5-5.8
ppm-1300
co2 flow-4

ww71.jpg
ww54.jpg

Flower- week 3 feeding 8 gal res
bloom-7.5ml/gal = 60ml
micro-5m/gal = 40ml
grow-2.5ml/gal = 20ml
B-52, hyox, Mother Earth Tea Bloom-3ml/gal = 24ml
barricade- .5ml = 4ml
ph-5.5-5.8
ppm-1300
co2 flow-6

And the best part is I haven't even opened the box in a week. :cheer:

That's a hell of a set up! Lovin it!
thKittyjoint.png

Well another week has gone by and the grow gods are still on my side. :cheer:
I went away for a few days and was pleased to come home to healthy vibrant plants just kicking ass at the end of week 3. You can see how they've really thickened up. There are tons of little buds popping up even on the lower branches. Those T5's work well.
wide_ww.jpg
ww_w3.jpg

cola_week4.jpg

I'll change out nutes tomorrow using the same recipe

Week 4 Flower - 10 gallon PH 5.5 - 5.8
(Advance Nutrients)
Liquid Big Bud 10ml/gal = 100ml
Bloom - 7.5ml/gal = 75
Micro - 5ml/gal = 40
B52, Mother Earth Tea Bloom, HyOx, 3ml/gal = 30ml
Barricade 1ml/gal = 8ml
PPM 1400
CO2 flow- 08

I only put in 8 gallons and bottle the other two for later in the week. I also add HyOx 2 - 3 times a week 24ml for 8 gallons diluted with a half gallon of water.

Glad they survived you being away. I have someone watching over mine while I am away and hope they are taking very good care of them.

Leaving tomorrow for a few days so I calibrated my automation. Figured I would snap a few of these lovely little ladies. We're at the halfway marker now and things couldn't be better. F*#k I hope I didn't just jinx myself!

ww63.jpg

ww55.jpg
ww44.jpg

ww212.jpg
ww116.jpg

Looking great!

I do, however, wonder how much those bulbs that are on the floor pointing up are actually helping. I mean, doesn't the vast majority of photosynthesis take place on the TOP side of the leaves? I mean, I know that it takes place inside chloroplasts (on the thylakoid membrane of chloroplasts), but aren't they mostly concentrated on the leaf tops?

You are getting EXCELLENT growth, don't get me wrong. I just wonder if you'd have pretty much the same amount without those bottom bulbs - or if you'd have even more growth if you mounted them halfway up?

BtW, is it still as much fun with some of the need for "hands-on" removed?

And, what nutrients are you using (I forget if you mentioned it or not)? Are you planning on adding nutrient mixing/dispensing abilities to it as well? I once knew someone who had really caught the mad scientist bug and was working on such a setup with a tank for pre-mixing his nutrients into water before sending them into his main reservoir. He was using General Hydroponics 3-part Flora nutrients so instead of bothering with pH-down when his pH started drifting back up, he'd add a (dilute) solution of Bloom (I think it was the Bloom) to not only bring it back down to the sweet spot but also to extend his nutrients farther than just topping off with water (which he also did) alone would do.

He was actually using a Commodore 64 as his controller/"brain" (this was a little over 20 years ago lol) and had built or was building the majority of the devices that he needed himself.

Unfortunately... It turned out that his wife liked their girlfriend much more than she did him, they got divorced, and he left town in a cloud of shame before he managed to get things exactly the way he wanted them. His goal was to be able to "wall up" his hidden basement GR soon after he started and - assuming he didn't have any alarming readings along the way - to be able to open it at harvest time. Kind of a lofty goal, but an interesting one.

Oh, and do you have an unterruptable power supply for your setup (or one for the lights and one for everything else)? I've long thought that they had an important place in any hydro setup to keep things going, and I would guess that would be even more useful in a setup like yours. Not to mention, having one on the lights would be handy as well: Although it wouldn't keep them going for long (unless you had a really expensive one), a moderate one should be quite adequate for any short-term outages or "blinks" that many suffer in the summer time and also to clean up any spikes, brownouts, etc. - All of which would seem to be VERY hard on the HID lights (hot-starts are NOT your friend lol).

[EDIT: By the way, that garage looks familliar. Are you my neighbor? Party at Jack's house this Independence Day!!! J/K L0L But you might think about removing the first pic from post #1 that shows your garage and the one directly below it for security reasons.]

Looking great!

I do, however, wonder how much those bulbs that are on the floor pointing up are actually helping. I mean, doesn't the vast majority of photosynthesis take place on the TOP side of the leaves? I mean, I know that it takes place inside chloroplasts (on the thylakoid membrane of chloroplasts), but aren't they mostly concentrated on the leaf tops?

You are getting EXCELLENT growth, don't get me wrong. I just wonder if you'd have pretty much the same amount without those bottom bulbs - or if you'd have even more growth if you mounted them halfway up?

Hey Totured, To be honest, I'm a total nube, Ive been taking advice from The MedicineMan over at https://growyourownmedicine.blogspot.com/2009/01/growing-medical-grade-cannabis-with.html
I am clueless when it comes to the science of it all.

BtW, is it still as much fun with some of the need for "hands-on" removed?

It just allows me to leave for a few days without worrying the whole time I'm gone.

And, what nutrients are you using (I forget if you mentioned it or not)? Are you planning on adding nutrient mixing/dispensing abilities to it as well? I once knew someone who had really caught the mad scientist bug and was working on such a setup with a tank for pre-mixing his nutrients into water before sending them into his main reservoir. He was using General Hydroponics 3-part Flora nutrients so instead of bothering with pH-down when his pH started drifting back up, he'd add a (dilute) solution of Bloom (I think it was the Bloom) to not only bring it back down to the sweet spot but also to extend his nutrients farther than just topping off with water (which he also did) alone would do.

I did list my nutes earlier. I got the recipe from Medicine man but had to modify it slightly. I don't use CarboLoad, I've had bad experiences with it. Maybe my batch is bad but I'm not taking any chances.

He was actually using a Commodore 64 as his controller/"brain" (this was a little over 20 years ago lol) and had built or was building the majority of the devices that he needed himself.

Unfortunately... It turned out that his wife liked their girlfriend much more than she did him, they got divorced, and he left town in a cloud of shame before he managed to get things exactly the way he wanted them. His goal was to be able to "wall up" his hidden basement GR soon after he started and - assuming he didn't have any alarming readings along the way - to be able to open it at harvest time. Kind of a lofty goal, but an interesting one.

He should have worked on the 3way! lol!

Oh, and do you have an unterruptable power supply for your setup (or one for the lights and one for everything else)? I've long thought that they had an important place in any hydro setup to keep things going, and I would guess that would be even more useful in a setup like yours. Not to mention, having one on the lights would be handy as well: Although it wouldn't keep them going for long (unless you had a really expensive one), a moderate one should be quite adequate for any short-term outages or "blinks" that many suffer in the summer time and also to clean up any spikes, brownouts, etc. - All of which would seem to be VERY hard on the HID lights (hot-starts are NOT your friend lol).

No UPS. I should think about it though.

[EDIT: By the way, that garage looks familliar. Are you my neighbor? Party at Jack's house this Independence Day!!! J/K L0L But you might think about removing the first pic from post #1 that shows your garage and the one directly below it for security reasons.

Unfortunately I cna't delete any photos. Annoying! At least I don't know how but have tried. BTW party sounds like a good idea! lol
]

Oh yeah and I do have a Top Off but haven't used it yet. figured I would use it when my trips lasted more than 3 days.

I made sure to check on how to remove any photo's before I posted any, for future purposes. This was how I was told to remove them.

If you want to delete anything, please use the "report" feature near the post or photo. It's an exclamation point encased in a red triangle--just click on that and explain that you want the photo deleted. A site moderator will then review your request and take the appropriate action.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom