Beginner outdoor grower needing tips

jbeefy19

420 Member
Hey guys hope all is well as seen in the title i'm new to growing and could use some pointers from more experienced growers. I plan to update this Thread as often as I can and use this platform for as much help as I can.

I know how to germinate a seed as I did that with no problems. now we get into it.

Transporting the seedlings into a container and soil. I'm using a solo cup with cut out holes in the bottom I read that solo cups aren't the greatest thing to use is this true? if so what should I be using? Also how often should I be watering the plants?

I took notes saying i should only water when the soil on top is dry however the soil doesn't seem to be drying out. And due to fear of over watering I haven't watered it.

I'm only 2 weeks into the grow i kinda fear I started a little late but if you guys could help out with those questions I'd greatly appreciate it. As I am very very determined to get at least 1 plant going this year.

Thanks a lot guys.

Pics help. Solo cups are fine for the first week or so. Suggest you use a fabric pot, 5 or 7-gallon...it is late and you won't need much more than that...

When you have the bigger pot, transplant and put in indirect sunlight for the first few days. Slowly move it into the direct sunlight...then water it well 2x a week and watch it grow. Depending on your latitude you should get a month or so of veg.

:goodluck:

Maybe put a couple more holes in the cup just to give better drainage till transplant. And you are right about the topsoil being dry before watering again. Keeping wet soil will slow root growth when they are a little thirsty they grow in search of moisture.

Pics help. Solo cups are fine for the first week or so. Suggest you use a fabric pot, 5 or 7-gallon...it is late and you won't need much more than that...

When you have the bigger pot, transplant and put in indirect sunlight for the first few days. Slowly move it into the direct sunlight...then water it well 2x a week and watch it grow. Depending on your latitude you should get a month or so of veg.

:goodluck:
Thanks for the pointers man! I put the plant into a bigger pot and in an area with filtered light. Another question. How long should I wait before moving it in direct sunlight? 1 full week or longer? I got pics this time too

Thanks again guys

Attachments

• Plant.jpg
    Plant.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Plant2.jpg
    Plant2.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom