Berry Bomb & AK48

lethalking

hello, ive recently started growing due to the price increase in the dispensaries. I decided to grow Ak48 and Berry Bomb..after just two days...

Berry Bomb
DSCN1998.jpg

AK48
DSCN1997.jpg

Re: Berry Bomb and AK48

my setup includes two flourescent blue lights. a mini grow dome, some nutrient grow fast without chemicals soil and water.

Hey lethal, sorry it took me so long to find ya lol :) are you still going to journal your grow? I found you in the lounge what caught my attn. was sounding like your in my neighboring state.
I am interested in seeing how those babes veged their first few weeks

Hey lethal, sorry it took me so long to find ya lol :) are you still going to journal your grow? I found you in the lounge what caught my attn. was sounding like your in my neighboring state.
I am interested in seeing how those babes veged their first few weeks

Yes I am, posted some images...one of them died :eek:! it had a black stem? wtf? didnt had nutrients just the soil >_<

Day #4
DSCN2015.jpg

subd, hi are you over watering by any chance, these plants like the soil dry, so water then let it dry out a few days, the roots need oxygen so thick soil that molds together is not much good, so try letting the soil dry out before watering again, to me it looks and sounds like you are caring for them to much and possibly over watered

what temps you running at in the room, soil with added nutes is also not much good for these plants,

60*-70* yeah thats why i quickly flushed it and put it back into the soil without them.....the soil says for root/plant growth beneficial?

it should of been ok then, its very easy to over water at that age, all i do when the seeds are sprouting is give the top of the soil a couple of sprays, anymore than this and the root will rot as it wont be getting any oxygen, check the soil is not clumpy and give it a squeeze in your hand and open your hand and check it breaks up easy,

but at a guess id either say its over watered or the soil is to hot with nutes for the plants, but i dont think its to hot as its not something like miracle grow, your temps are ok so it wont be that, do you have any fans blowing on the plants, this will cause problems as you dont want fans blowing directly on to the plants at this young age

I guess we all learn during our first grow. Im waiting on White Rhino/Widow seeds from overseas. Im going big this time, thinking of a 400watt HPS system with reflector and kellogs potting soil with no nutrients added. I think theyll be here next week for sure

when you get the light make sure its not to close to the seedlings, my 400watt hps is 1ft away from the tops of the plants, but i dont start my plants under the hps as it makes them stretch like crazy, i use 3 x 30watt clfs, the 6400kelvin ones, i use 3 of these in a small cupboard and start all my clones and seeds under the cfls, then when i put the plants under the hps they dont stretch at all then

when you get the light make sure its not to close to the seedlings, my 400watt hps is 1ft away from the tops of the plants, but i dont start my plants under the hps as it makes them stretch like crazy, i use 3 x 30watt clfs, the 6400kelvin ones, i use 3 of these in a small cupboard and start all my clones and seeds under the cfls, then when i put the plants under the hps they dont stretch at all then

how close should the CFLs be?

it really depends on what watt your using, im using 30watt and 23 watt cfls, now when i plant seeds and they sprout i keep the cfl 2 inches away from the top of the seedlings, you need to check these once or twice a day and adjust as needed, but once the plants are about 1 week old i keep the light about an inch away from the top of the plant, i use a 12v computer fan wired up to a phone charger and this creates a gentle breeze, doing this allows me to get the cfls even closer, but i keep them at 1inch away or their abouts from the top of the plant, you can check if its to hot by holding the back of your hand under the bulb, if its to hot for your hand then its to hot for the plants, but it only gets hot when i touch the bulb so the plants will only get damaged when they touch the bulb, seedlings will suffer if their less than 2 inches away unless you got air moving,

but you can try this yourself, turn the cfl on and put your hand against the bulb, now slowly pull your hand away and you will notice how quick the light drops off, the different from the bulb after about 4 inches is loads, theirs a whole lot less light when your 4 inches away from the bulb so either hold your hand under the bulb and move it away or use some card and you will then see how quick the light level drops off, higher wattage cfls like the 125 actual watt and 250 actual watt cfls will need to be further away but the small spiral cfls are not hot at all and you could hold one in your hand all day and it would not burn you, so as long as you got an inch or 2 from the bulb then you will have no problems what so ever, just dont spray the plant with water and then put it that close to the bulb as it will burn as it magnifies the light, but if its not been sprayed then you can get it as close as you like, if you do get a leaf that burns the move the light further away,

these plants grow quick so you either need to keep adjusting the light or what i do is have the cfl a few inches a way and then let the plant grow closer to the bulb then i raise the bulb every couple of days, my plants are under cfls for anything up to about 3 weeks, then i put them under the hps,
i bought a dual spec hps as it said it was ideal for veg as it gives off the blue light needed where as a standard hps just gives off the red/orange light needed for flower, so i bought the dual spec bulb and tried it and the plants still stretch when started under the hps so i use the cfls for the first 2 or 3 weeks as this keeps the nodes very close and stops the plant getting really tall to quick, instead cfls keep the plants short and bushy and this is what we are looking for,

when i started growing again i used only cfls and they got my well into flower, i made a rig that held around 13 x 23 and 30watt cfls and i was using these to veg and flower my plants, but as i grew more plants i started adding more cfls, then when i hit 400watts in totaly it made sense to switch to hps, so i thought id only use the hps but after getting the stretch i did i then decided to use cfls for the first couple of weeks and it solved my problem, plus when my hps is set to 12-12 i can still grow plants under the cfls and keep them under them till they go under the hps for flower, so i pretty much veg under the cfls and flower under the hps, or if im growing bigger plants then ill start them under the cfls and after a couple of weeks put the plants under the hps and then veg using the gas lantern routine as this gives them a huge boost and they grow like crazy

thanks ! you are the man. i think my friend has some grandaddy purplehaze seeds for me! so ill have bonus seeds!

no worries, im not an expert by any means, but ive done the best with what ive got and got great results, if i was only growing 1 or 2 plants then id get rid of the hps and use only cfls, but i was using a load of cfls and using more watts and getting less lumins, or light output, so when i checked and found out i can get 55,000lumins from a hps it made sense to switch, so i gave me cfls away only to find out that the hps made the plants stretch like crazy, but by starting the plants under the cfls it stopped any stretch,

the last 2ltr dwc hempie i did totally under the hps ended up 5 ft tall, i went 12-12 from seed so i had the 8 week turn around time, but the plant stretched like crazy and some branches where over 3 ft long and only had 3 nodes on them so the dual spec hps till makes the plants stretch, but by starting the plants under cfls it stopped the stretch and gave me the results i was looking for, so cfls clearly do work and work well. but the more you got the more you will get back, for instance if you had 4 x 30 watt cfls and had 2 above the plant and then 1 half way up each side of the plant then doing this would give great results as the plant would grow upwards as well as outwards so the plants can get pretty big.

it might be worth you looking into low stress training if your going to use cfls, this is basically getting the plant to grow sideways instead of letting to grow upwards, you basically tie stuff to the stem and pull the plant over so it grows sideways, what i do is poke a load of holes around the top of my pot then i get some pipe cleaners and hook these around the stem at the top of the plant then poke the other end through a hole, then i pull the pipe cleaner so it pulls the plant over, then keep doing this and then you will get all the shoots at the nodes growing up towards the light, this keeps the plant at an even height and gives you many top bud sites instead of just the one,

their are so many different ways to grow, a scrog or screen of green is another great way to grow as well, you basically grow the plant under a wire screen then keep tucking the plant back under the screen as it grows, then when you flip the lights to 12-12 to flower you keep tucking the branches under the screen until it starts flowering, then when it starts flowering you let the buds grow up through these holes, this keeps the canopy very even giving all the buds the best light possible,

Back
Top Bottom