Best bud to start growing for a beginner?

budlover3388

Im trying to start to grow bud in my closet but need help on what to grow being that im a beginner.(growing) Im also worried about the smell how do i get rid of it? i will try to post pictures of my closet asap..please help!

thanks but if iam going to do this iam going to do it right...

You won't do everything right the first time and thats how you will learn... by making mistakes.

Like DaMagoMan said start with bagseed that costs you nothing and see what you can do. :peace:

If you are that concerned with smell then you will need to either make or buy a carbon filter and a fan to move air through the filter.

But don't get ahead of yourself. The plants will only really start to smell once flowering starts and theres alot of work to do before you get to that point. :peace:

Ok bud So I assume you don't have the equipment yet? Whats your grow budget look like for the next month?

I will assume you are using soil...

Before you germinate any seeds you should have the following on hand first.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Soil:

Good drainage, organic, light. NO time released fertlizer pellets like Miricle grow puts in theirs. Stay away from that stuff especially if you are new. Its tough to troubleshoot.

Some popular premade mixes for cannabis include but are not limited to..
Fox Farms Ocean Forest
Sunshine Mix #4
Pro-Mix HP

You can add additional perlite to the mix if so desired and maybe a little pulverized dolomite lime to help keep pH stable.

If you want to mix your own do a search and you will see what many people recommend.

I personally find it easier to just buy the premade stuff and add to it if needed

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Containers:

You can start the little seeds off in dixie cups or whatever just make sure they are light proof and have larger containers on hand because they grow quick and can become root bound before you know it.

I would have 1 gallon 3 gallon and 5 gallon containers for the grow's life cycle.

the containers should have drain holes in the bottom. if you have a nice floor consider getting some vinyl saucers to go underneath.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nutrients:

You will not need to feed for about the 1st 2 weeks. The soil will have enough nutes in it to sustain the seedling.

For the Veg (the period the plant is growing and maturing) you will need a Veg/Grow formula. usually has an NPK vaule of 12-6-6 or 6-4-4 or something similar. N will almost always be higher for Veg nutes.

For Bloom (Flowering/Budding) you will need Bloom nutes. usually significantly less N and higher PK values. Like 2-8-4 or similar.

Fox Farms sells a TRI-Pack to et you started. I recommend something like that.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Water management:

get a decent digital PH Meter. Everything needs to be measured and possibly adjusted. A good grow depends on this.

Get pH adjusters commonly referred to as pH UP and pH Down.

If you have an extra $70 or so look into an RO (Reverse Osmosis) water filter. there is a lot of crap in tap and well water that can mess with your grow. IMO it is best just to take that crap out of the equation. An RO filter is the best filter for this. Ebay has them cheap if you look around. I get some buckets or reservoirs to store it so you have it on hand. The inexpensive RO filters dont fill up very quickly. Mine does a 5 gallon bucket in 2.5 hours. But I keep 30 gallons on hand and refill as I use it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lights:

Very Important section.

the more you put into this aspect the more you get back.

For VEG a good T5 floro or even CFL's with a 6500K color will work. If you can spring for a Metal Halide HID setup even better. Although there is more heat to manage.

For BLOOM there is really nothing that compares to the HPS HID lamp. It gives off the most lumens for the buck and at the right spectrum ~3000K. This is the red/orange spectrum which the buds just eat up :) They do have Ballast out there that do both MH and HPS so maybe look in that direction? You have about a month or so to worry about the HPS since you will most likely be vegging for the first month anyways. If you go with a floro for Veg that is good and you can usr the floro for clones as they are a bit sensative to the intense light given off by HID's. Depending on your budget and grow area you will need to decide on the wattage that will best fit your room.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
AIR

Ventilation:

Lights get hot and you will need ventilation to move that hot stale air out in bring fresh cooler air in. Also a regular oscillating fan to just blow across the plants to help keep them strong.

Odor:

They are Active carbon air filters and air scrubbers available to help remove the dank familiar smell of MJ out of the air. They are the more expensive but most effective method of odor control. they also have gels such as ONA gel and sprays to help eat the smell and mask it at a lower cost, but not quite as effective

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you have any questions man just shout. There are tons of people here will to help based on what they've learned. You don't need to make the mistakes we made. Its a lot of info I hope I haven't overwhelmed you :) :peace:

thanks man i had an idea but this just really helped out and well as for a budget im not sure how much will this cost me??

Depends really. Good thing is you don't have to get it all at once. Start off with a bag of soil, the nutes some T5's (more exp.) or CFL's (less expensive) and the ph meter.

iam also wondering why do i need all these different pots why cant i just put it in a big like 5 gallon container after it is ready to leave the dixie cups ect...also wat is fish emulsion used for?

iam also wondering why do i need all these different pots why cant i just put it in a big like 5 gallon container after it is ready to leave the dixie cups ect...also wat is fish emulsion used for?

Some people go either way. I've had good luck going up in sizes. This way you are introducing some new soil and nutes for the roots to dig into. I feel like if you give the plant all the room up front it will use more then it needs to. But thats just me thinking.

Also its more difficult to manage moisture for a tiny plant in a big pot.

Fish emulsion is a good natural fert with N and many beneficial micro nutes and bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom