Best bud to start growing for a beginner?

BTW, I'm using some ak clones one of my girlfriends buddys is hooking me up with, is that gona be easier for a first time grower, or are they too sensitive, like you were saying, for a first time?

Im trying to start to grow bud in my closet but need help on what to grow being that im a beginner.(growing) Im also worried about the smell how do i get rid of it? i will try to post pictures of my closet asap..please help!

-random bagseed is the best

-carbon filters can get rid of the smell

Bag seed can be some of the best smoke around. Usually it's local so it's acclimized to the area and grows better than something brought it. A beginner buying seed and then screwing up just wastes seed. Best to learn on free seed and then upgrade after you've worked out the bugs. You only go to jail if you do something stupid like set up loud hydro set ups that advertise what your doing. Tell no one and keep EVERYTHING on the downlow and jail should never be a worry.
Soil is easier, more forgiving and cheaper than hydro ever thought of being.
Smell can be controlled via ONA or carbon filters with "NO" holes being cut anywhere. Run lights during the night so that they provide the heat for the plants and your heat you use for the day to day living should be enough for dark period. My temps drop into the high to mid 50's all the time yet the ladies seem to grow just fine.
Like I said...soil is more forgiving and easier and cheaper and bag seeds are perfect if not preferred for beginners. Better to kill the free ones rather than spend good money and lose money while learning. Your going to make mistakes. Everyone does. With hydro you have hours to diagnose and fix things. With soil you have days to diagnose and fix them.

I appreciate your advise, but i will still find good seeds for my start. Bag seed to me is seeds from commercial weed and certainly was'nt grown locally. I mean,' if you know where the seed come from and you know the weed was great, then i don't consider that bag seed. Afgan grows good outdoors in New England, but i'm not sure if it grows good under lights. And bag seed (for me) is not the way to start and 10 seeds are all a person will ever need, if he truly wants to learn.
I appreciate the advise on the carbon filters, but it sounds expensive ??
And i think you are right concerning the soil verses hydro. systems. At least you have a little time to try to remedy a problem. Most of my growing experience is outdoors, but between the thieves and police helicoopters, it's getting very hard to grow, where i live. And i'm getting to old to get into the back country !! I just don't want to go but the items i need to do this and then not do it. I got enough junk, kicking around !! Thanks for your advise, and good luck to you .
May your buds be heavy !!
Jim

Bag seed can be some of the best smoke around. Usually it's local so it's acclimized to the area and grows better than something brought it. A beginner buying seed and then screwing up just wastes seed. Best to learn on free seed and then upgrade after you've worked out the bugs. You only go to jail if you do something stupid like set up loud hydro set ups that advertise what your doing. Tell no one and keep EVERYTHING on the downlow and jail should never be a worry.
Soil is easier, more forgiving and cheaper than hydro ever thought of being.
Smell can be controlled via ONA or carbon filters with "NO" holes being cut anywhere. Run lights during the night so that they provide the heat for the plants and your heat you use for the day to day living should be enough for dark period. My temps drop into the high to mid 50's all the time yet the ladies seem to grow just fine.
Like I said...soil is more forgiving and easier and cheaper and bag seeds are perfect if not preferred for beginners. Better to kill the free ones rather than spend good money and lose money while learning. Your going to make mistakes. Everyone does. With hydro you have hours to diagnose and fix things. With soil you have days to diagnose and fix them.

Thanks this also helps a lot do you know the price of a carbon filter and i cant cut any holes..i was thinking of just using a ozone jr but i dont know if it work for growing mj... does anyone know??

No problem. I don't know a lot, but i know that without the genetics, you're shooting craps !! If i'm going to take a chance, 3 or 4 months from now, i want something exceptional, not bag weed. Hey,' but to each his own. If everyone helps you, then you're not gonna fail. I'm thinking that a 400 watt gps will grow me 5 plants. If i can harvest 5 plants every 4 months, i think this would be enough for wife & i. She's the pothead, i'm a drunk, and a pothead.
Have you actually started this operation yet or are you like me, just thinking of doing it ?? I don't have seeds yet. I have some knowledge, but i'm not an expert. And i'm operating on a very limited budget. So my results will probably be less than most , but i know that if you don't start with known genetics, then you're gambling.
I wish you & yours, a happy new year !!
Jim

No problem. I don't know a lot, but i know that without the genetics, you're shooting craps !! If i'm going to take a chance, 3 or 4 months from now, i want something exceptional, not bag weed. Hey,' but to each his own. If everyone helps you, then you're not gonna fail. I'm thinking that a 400 watt gps will grow me 5 plants. If i can harvest 5 plants every 4 months, i think this would be enough for wife & i. She's the pothead, i'm a drunk, and a pothead.
Have you actually started this operation yet or are you like me, just thinking of doing it ?? I don't have seeds yet. I have some knowledge, but i'm not an expert. And i'm operating on a very limited budget. So my results will probably be less than most , but i know that if you don't start with known genetics, then you're gambling.
I wish you & yours, a happy new year !!
Jim

well yea im 100% sure im going to do this just dont really know how to start off just yet but i have some ideas and as for the seeds i dont have any yet but thats the least of my problems;) but im also working on a limited budget but the good thing is that you dont have to get everything at once. but i should get growing in a few weeks a month tops..where are you plannig on growing your closet?

also ima just try to start with one plant (female) then clone 2 or 3 and take it from there i dont want to start with more and mess em all up

Back
Top Bottom