Best Fan for Stealth Grow

ChanChan203

I'm looking for best Fan to use for my stealth grow cabinet build I need it to be quiet but also not to big I have been looking at a 6 inch vortex slim line but I want all of your options on it to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I been looking at quite a few as of late and im finding anything in a 6 inch or up makes noise....they make silencers and im guessing a makeshift box with rockwoll insulation would make it much quieter....hope that helps ya a bit :thumb:

How big is your grow area?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using 420 Magazine Mobile App
My grow area total is 3 x 5 x 8 so a 4 inch would be fine but I'm going six inches and am gonna dial it down just a hair to keep it little quiter I think

I been looking at quite a few as of late and im finding anything in a 6 inch or up makes noise....they make silencers and im guessing a makeshift box with rockwoll insulation would make it much quieter....hope that helps ya a bit :thumb:
I thought the same thing I think I'm gonna go with hyper fan instead because relatively quite and use about half as much electricity as most fans I looked at there also very compact and pull a good amount of cfm

420-magazine-mobile1018898675.jpg

I based my decision upon this chart of 8 inch inline fans I'm only using a six but it gave a good comparison upon different fan brands

Get a box of insulated ducting to use for fan intake and exhaust. This will help keep it quiet. Dunno if its as good as the silencers you can buy, but it made a difference for me. Also, getting a 6in and dialing it down will help. I didn't need a 6in for the size of my space but now I wish I would have gone for that size. Adding a speed control would have helped a lot. I mean I'm quiet, but I want silent. I can't stand the noise of a loud fan going all the time. Would drive me bonkers.

Really like the vortex so far, just doing my dry run though
I'm glad u like it I considered getting the vortex s line but I think hyper fan be my choice cause of wattage difference ever little bit helps lower cost of running my box safely haven't had time or money to work on it with Christmas and one of vehicles breaking down hoping to get back to it soon if u would like me to provide link to it I will

There is no comparison. You could run 3 hyper fans on the same electric as one vortex. Also hyper fan comes w a speed controller. I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi Growers! Good discussion thought I'd share my set up.
420-magazine-mobile1024211423.jpg

I've used a 4" RVK SILEO and 4" acoustic ducting. I've used two archive boxes that slot together.
420-magazine-mobile227474021.jpg

Inside the buffer box is regular loft insulation to break down those vibrations. As an extra precaution I lay a large heavy sofa throw over it.

Without the oscillating fans on i can only hear the fan when I out my ear against the box.

Only problem is now I need quieter oscillating fans. Any good brands for quiet air circulators?

Thanks, Jari

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom