Large dual chamber grow box build

Sweet looking build. I'm interested to know what your planned budget is, and where it actually ends up. I bet you'll be getting quite a value for your effort compared to grow tents we could purchase. Thanks for being an inspiration.

Innovating daily
I never quite set a planned budget when I began I just knew what I wanted to achieve and I went for it I felt as if a budget would make me feel limited or constrained I'm guessing roughly when I get box done and have it looking good inside and outside ill probably be in it 2000 or 2500 or so but it'll get more cause I wanna update it to the latest stuff led lights, aeroponics cloning, ect

cheers yall and remember keep'em frosty ;)

Box is coming along nicely. I like your air ring design I wouldnt have glued all the pieces for just air though. It would have made it easier to replace and repair/tweek if ever need be. But great looking box

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon
Ya I thought about that but I figure if I ever did redesign it I would either have to upscale or downscale diameters of piping would would require a whole new build scheme to begin with so just glued them and there not completely glued they separate at points for painting and cleaning purposes

Hey Chan Chan...in many ways your box is similar to mine, in the air intake from below.

Have you any dust filters on the air intake. Mine is going to be at floor level and may be dusty, so I'm gonna see if I can rig a filter of some sort.

I'm still trying to decide between DWC and an inert growing medium. I'm pretty restricted for space. Chan Chan, how tall is your DWC bucket? How much liquid in it when it is full? How much header room over the liquid to the base of the mesh pot?

Could I use a shorter bucket with a broader base? Still giving the roots lots of room to grow, but laterally in the reservoir, rather than down into the nutrient solution.

So, I'm planning on training the plant to stay under 24" total. That will mean extensive LST and scrog. And SO, if I need the extra time for the plant to be trained in veg, I probably cannot use an autoflower strain.

BUT, that means I CAN use a mother and clones. And since I'm only growing one plant at a time, I need only root a couple of clones, pick the best one and veg it up to be flowered.

What do you think folks.. does this make sense?

Hey Chan Chan...in many ways your box is similar to mine, in the air intake from below.

Have you any dust filters on the air intake. Mine is going to be at floor level and may be dusty, so I'm gonna see if I can rig a filter of some sort.

I'm still trying to decide between DWC and an inert growing medium. I'm pretty restricted for space. Chan Chan, how tall is your DWC bucket? How much liquid in it when it is full? How much header room over the liquid to the base of the mesh pot?

Could I use a shorter bucket with a broader base? Still giving the roots lots of room to grow, but laterally in the reservoir, rather than down into the nutrient solution.

So, I'm planning on training the plant to stay under 24" total. That will mean extensive LST and scrog. And SO, if I need the extra time for the plant to be trained in veg, I probably cannot use an autoflower strain.

BUT, that means I CAN use a mother and clones. And since I'm only growing one plant at a time, I need only root a couple of clones, pick the best one and veg it up to be flowered.

As far as air intake goes I'm going to cover each section of pvc with black air filter and zip tie it around it I can buy it at local hardware store if made for ac window units to catch pollen and particulates so I think it would make great pre filter for air

I'm not gonna use a DWC set up in this cabinet because I have about 62 inches of height no once take out pot height light size and distance I only have roughly 36 inches in flower side for height not as much as I want and dwc would limit them even more my only problem with DWC in. Cabinet is I have to run individual bubble buckets which u have to maintain each bucket it is alot of work at first till you stuff dialed in.

Now on dwc design is hard both ones I have built was a continuous RDWC system in a room with a main head resivor for checking and filling and draining and all that good maintenence stuff if I was going to make a DWC in your constraints I would use individual 5 gallon buckets to start if u have more questions feel free to ask man I feel like I missed some stuff lol alot for one post??

My plans for my current grow will probably be start with pro mix and going to dripper system like drain to waste since pro mix is soiless medium or I'm going to going like subcool super soil I'll probably do side by side tests of two systems to decide

Imagine my surprise as I'm skipping threads and a see my plant.
This growing style is called fluxing. It was created by our very own Light Addict. Here is a link to flux central. There are some more links in his signature to some other crazy stuff he's done.

Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

DSC_4278.JPG

DSC_4668.JPG

20161006_224342.JPG

Imagine my surprise as I'm skipping threads and a see my plant.
This growing style is called fluxing. It was created by our very own Light Addict. Here is a link to flux central. There are some more links in his signature to some other crazy stuff he's done.

DSC_4278.JPG

DSC_4668.JPG

20161006_224342.JPG
Thank u I was so curious about this I never seen growing styles like that it looks so cool

Thank u I was so curious about this I never seen growing styles like that it looks so cool

The grow style is called a "Flux" it is form of mainlining developed by @lightaddict. Not sure about the specifics but I believe, fluxing gives the plant the ability to equally distribute energy down the two new main stems. The grower will top a specific amount of times on each side to increase the number of main colas. During this time the grower will train the plant to grow horizontally until a desired overall length is acquired. Once the desired length and recovery time are achieved. You can switch to flower, providing extra light intensity to colas that are growing at a slower rate. Doing this will ensure that your main colas grow uniformly.

Just a heads up this is just my interpretation of the method and not based on actual experience, or the proper amount of research.

Search for @lightaddicts threads for more accurate and detailed info

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey guys I'm back in town time to start on that box again sorry for the leave but when work calls you know you gotta go I'm hoping to start on it again this week

It's called fluxing. Like a mainline but with a few differences. With a flux we top just 3 times. 1st to create the 2 main Arms. Then we remove all vertical growing nodes and train the horizontal ones outwards while keeping the 2 mains flat. When main arms reach the required length, (handle be as long as tlyou have space for) you top the 2 main ends and start some vertical growth ready for flower. Plant ocd at its finest. This is a link to my FLUX on chop day

Mr Am4zin's Attempt At Fluxing A Monster - And A Few Side Projects

And the style creators own thread..

Back
Top Bottom