Best Lighter I've Seen

Re: Best lighter Ive seen

while I was in scotland I came across a "disposable" lighter that was VERY common it was roundish, but what made it unique was the striker pulled out of the body attached to that was a round tube and at the end of the tube was notched, now since you usually rolled your own cigs over there all you did was roll your stuff up shove the round end up the paper pushing the tobacco in alittle took your favorite filter stock (strip of paper (or some rolling papers had a strip at the bottom of the pack that had "blanks" little strips of thick paper, you tore it off put one end in the notch of the lighter and rolled it aroung the striker tube and inserted it into the end of the cig. giving you a barrier between your lips and the filling, and also gave you something more rugged to hold. was really a neat idea wish they sold them here in the states

In my humble opinion...
Zippo's are probably one of the best lighters in the world except when used for smoking weed and cigars. I can't think of anything more hideous than smoking some kind bud and having it taste like lighter fluid. Zippo type lighters emit a smell that is transferred to what you are smoking thus altering the taste. It probably wouldn't bother most smokers but if you are a purest, you know the difference.

Bic type lighters probably work well especially if you use the “pack down” technique and use the bottom of the Bic to pack down the bowl while taking a bong hit.

But nothing compares to the performance of the Torch lighter. Warning: The torch lighter is not for the beginner smoker. If you haven‘t developed a technique for smoking bongs then you are at higher risk of burning yourself.
If used correctly, wind is never going to be an issue and pulling down a one hitter is effortless.

Two different types of torch lighters: “Coil” flame and “needle” flame. The coil type is great for extreme outdoor conditions but best suited for cigarettes because of the small compact flame. The needle type torch is great for cigars and bongs but not recommend for a pipe.

<b>The key to refilling a torch lighter</b>. When the fluid runs out and it is time to refill, it is imperative that you drain all the residual fluid from the lighter because even at empty, the lighter has more pressure than the canister used to refill it. Using a small screw driver or the tip of a steak knife, depress the nipple on the bottom of the lighter and discharge all the fluid.
P10101363.JPG
this_one_too.JPG
this_one4.JPG

Make sure to press it down long enough to get all the old stuff out. Avoid using cheap butane, get something that is refined. I use the “Volcano” Lava premium butane, quintuple refined. It doesn’t take much to refill, a couple of quick squirts is plenty to refill a small lighter. The fluid needs to settle so after you’ve filled the lighter, let it sit for about 5 minutes. Turn the adjusting screw to the minus side ( - ).
Using a triple flame torch is way over kill and it increases the chance of burning yourself.

#1 pre child proof, adjustable Bic with 12" flames!!!!

#2 Zippo.

#3 Bic with the childproof piece ripped off of it.

:peace:
WillyB

i would have to agree and say that is the most LEGIT thing i have ever seen in my life.

This thread got me to thinking about the ins and outs of particular lighters... there are a few different kinds of flame e.g... Jet/Flame/Lazer ect ect...
I have always liked DJeeps because they are low pro in the pocket and last a long time!
However... I did some research and w/o spending a $100 bill... I came up w/a lighter that I think will do very nicely!
It is a "Hybrid" of Jet and Flame... the best of both worlds... IMO!

Anyways... we will see when it get here. I went w/the:
Colibri Quantum Outback Red CX GEAR Lighter:
| CPI Group

Those Colbri's are nice and will last for years if you use quality butane. Any halfway decent cigar store will have a line of Colbri's and the butane that's best for them.

Back
Top Bottom