The best way to scrape a pipe

SMOKEZILLA

I've scraped tons of pipes, and I think I've found the best method.

First you have to heat the bowl, so the resin is very easy to scrape. The way I usually do this is just running a lighter under the whole pipe. But the best way is to set the pipe in a hot car for a few hours. It should heat up the resin so it is very easy to manage.

Now it's time to scrape the bowl. In the past I've used paper clips and bobby pins (which usually work well, but I have broken a bowl from scraping it). The best thing to scrape a bowl out with is a guitar string, because it is long, extremely flexible, and won't break your bowl. It's really easy to scrape normally unreachable areas using the guitar string! Just give it a shot :)

i've been playin' guitar for 40 yrs and it never occured to me to use a string. duh! ya learn sumthin' new every day.

ROFL same here. I'm trying this tomorrow.

+rep

in my town the street sweepers leave behind long flat metal wires they use to scrape the street so we decided if they work for the street they should work for our pipes, and its the best scraping tool ive ever used,it bends nicely its flexable, scrapes great and on top of it all its free:smokin:

Hey guys happy
4/20! The best tool to use is different length Allen keys. Also your going to need a cutter.... Like a box cutter blade. Doesn't waste much.
If your scraping a bowl use a earwax remover from a Swiss army knife.

I don't smoke resin, but I clean my bowl after every use. It's glass and I just wipe it out when I am done and run warm water thru it to clean out the inside, also you can use some salt if you need to you just put in sme warm water and salt cover the holes and shake it up and rinse. Repeat if neccesary. It's the best method I've ever used for a good clean hit everytime. Of course, you can't smoke the resin this way, but according to the NORML Audio stash you shouldn't smoke resin anyway. It's really bad for you and harsh on your lungs, and they say resin doesn't contain the neccesary ingredients to get you high and you only get a "high" feeling because of the lack of oxygen you brain is getting. If you have ever smoked resin you know it's gotta be true because how long does a resin "high" last anyway? 10-15 minutes? I think it may have been on the January 16 2008 Norml Audio Stash you can find it on itunes.

I don't smoke resin, but I clean my bowl after every use. It's glass and I just wipe it out when I am done and run warm water thru it to clean out the inside, also you can use some salt if you need to you just put in sme warm water and salt cover the holes and shake it up and rinse. Repeat if neccesary. It's the best method I've ever used for a good clean hit everytime. Of course, you can't smoke the resin this way, but according to the NORML Audio stash you shouldn't smoke resin anyway. It's really bad for you and harsh on your lungs, and they say resin doesn't contain the neccesary ingredients to get you high and you only get a "high" feeling because of the lack of oxygen you brain is getting. If you have ever smoked resin you know it's gotta be true because how long does a resin "high" last anyway? 10-15 minutes? I think it may have been on the January 16 2008 Norml Audio Stash you can find it on itunes.

even if thats what it takes to feel some sort of high. i know when im out and i sit down to a nice bowl of resin it makes me happy, gets me by until i can get more nugs. even if its all in my head, i still enjoy it better than NOTHING

even if thats what it takes to feel some sort of high. i know when im out and i sit down to a nice bowl of resin it makes me happy, gets me by until i can get more nugs. even if its all in my head, i still enjoy it better than NOTHING

More power to ya! :bong: I just don't like it, I don't even smoke roaches!

I've used Q-tips, they can be very handy!:slide:

Yeah, I must admit, I would have never thought of using guitar strings. I may have to try it sometime.

Here's just a little something from my favorite pipe manufacturer:

There are several commercially available cleaners (Formula 420, Orange Chronic, Dr. Green’s and Grunge Off to name a few) available from most tobacconists and smoke related products stores that will do an excellent job cleaning your glass pipe. A note of caution however; internally fumed pipes, typically referred to as inside out or double blown are susceptible to fume “wash out” when cleaned with a strong cleaner that includes solvents. Surface fume is melted into the glass and will not wash out, while internal fume cannot be adequately melted in due the inability to really get the flame inside the piece at a 90 degree angle for optimum melt. If the fume is washed out, the pipe will no longer color change. Check the label. Any alcohol based cleaner (more than 50% alcohol content), or cleaners that include petro-chemical based ingredients (gasoline, diesel fuel, lighter fluid to name a few) will probably wash out the internal fume.

If you are unable to find a commercially based cleaner, create your own. Mix 4 parts very warm, (yet, not hot) water with one part dish detergent and one part salt. Very hot (boiling) water will cause uneven thermal expansion and will probably break your piece. Submerge your piece in this home brew overnight. Rinse thoroughly in very warm water. This home brew will eliminate the majority (not all!) of the tobacco particulate from your pipe. If you have a stubborn area that refuses to clean up, fill the pipe with home brew cleaner and add a teaspoon of coarse grind salt, then shake vigorously. The course salt will act as a gentle abrasive and help to clean the stubborn spots. Pipe cleaners, Buddy Systemz and small nylon brushes also help to eliminate observable residue.

I got a set of dental picks I got from princess auto for 3$ reaches everywhere it has like 8 different tips and then I use q-tips to do the rest

Back
Top Bottom