Any way to remove resin without the paper clip?

fullybaked420

what up peoples, i just wanted to know, is their anyway i can remove the resin out of my bowl to smoke without having to go threw the hastle of using a paper clip, if not, is there anything more effecient to scrape my bowl with other than a paper clip?

Tooth pick. Wood is a little softer than metal so it'll grab more resin off of the glass than a metal paperclip. Just don't break it. And if it's not long enough, use a chop stick or something. Personally, I'd rather smoke a cigarette than smoke a bowl of resin. But if you'd just like to clean your piece up and remove the resin for a clean smoke, which is a great idea, you can use a mixture of rubbing alcohol and salt and scrub the solution on all the areas caked with resin (use your thumb or a toothpick, cotton swab, etc.) You can also put the bowl in a pot of simmering water, and SLOWLY bring it to a boil. I say this because just plain dropping the glass in the boiling water will be too much stress and may crack it. Just heat it slowly an bring it up to a boil within 5 or 10 minutes, then just check it with tongs every 5 minutes. Hope I helped at all.

will this work wiht a metal Pipe too? the boiling water?

yes the boiling water method works very well on metal pipes. Just use a new screen when you are done.

for those of you who want to smoke evry last drop of thc including the resin, you can use straight alcohol with no salt. all you do is put a small amount of alcohol in the pipe, cover all holes with your fingers and shake the shit out of it. You can also scrape the walls on the inside of the pipe with a paper clip while the alcohol is still in there. you want to get the alcohol really dark before dumping it out. Then get a pyrex glass dish to dump the alcohol in. You can add more alcohol to the pipe again and repeat the process to get more resin. When you are done, evaporate all the alcohol with a hair dryer, or if you are brave you can boil the alcohol on an electric burner (do not use open flame). Once the alcohol is evaporated youll have sticky black stuff on the glass, you scrape this with a rasor blade, and you can put it on top of a bowl, or smoke it straight.

i have a old tobacco pipe that use to smoke out of, so since it is wooden would the alchol method ruin it or do i need to use some other way?

mcdowell

I know this is kinda a old thread but jus a heads up...

I use the rubbing alcohol way of cleaning my pipe. I let it sit in a bowl of rubbing alchohol for 3+ hours. Jus do that the rest of the way. Then i fill it up with the rubbing alcohol and dump it out in the bowl, Do this how ever many times, It gets more resin out each time.

Now for saving resin, Get some coffe filters. I use two thick ones and hold it with one hand. You got to figure out how you can hold it with one hand and be able to pour the rubbing alcohol into the coffe filter with the other hand without it spilling at the same time.

Once you figure that out, Pour the rubbing alcohol in little by little so it dont over flow. Then let it drain and keep doing this till the rubbing alcohol is gone. Now you got all that resin from inside your pipe on the coffe filter. Put the wet coffe filter on a paper plate all opened up and let it sit for half hour or hour till it drys up some then with your fingers jus push all the resin off it and you'll have a bit of resin chunks on it depending on how ressiny your pipe was in the begigning.

Then after that i get two more coffe filters and fill the pipe up with steamin hot water and cover the whole and shake and pour it into the bowl and keep doing that until its all the way clean and do the same thing with the water/resin soliution like you do with the alcohol/resin solution.

Now you got two plates with resin on it. It works wonders.

I collect all my resin up for half year plus until that rainy day comes and im completley dry. Which is odd so i get a huge pile of resin going then when im out i got a nice pile of resin to fall back on.

My friend uses a guitar string to scrape in through the mouth piece and it seems to work pretty well.

The best tool I've ever used (and still use.) Is a dart for a blow gun, they work wonders. For dry resin you can use the pointed end. For the wet (hopefully not too wet) the blunt end.

lol what a funny post. All this time I thought paper clip was the best way too.
I've seen another way..takes about an hour or two but the bowl will be good as new n that is using OXY-CLEAN sum laundry detergent stuff. Just run water through the bowl and submerge it in a cut water bottle wit abundant amount of OXY-CLEAN. It will actually start to BUBBLE and u can see the resiens break away.

420 cleaner which can be found at head shops and such, rubbing alcohol (just be sure to wash the bowl after you soak it) or boiling water. :)

ive always used a small pocket knife and when that wasnt handy anything small with an edge would work

Back
Top Bottom