Best system for SOG?

fortphoenix

hey guys I'm trying to start a SOG and i was wondering if any of you guys have any experience in multiple systems with sog? like under perfect conditions what is going to get you the best quality/quantity? I've heard aeroponics is the best but what about coco or ebb & flow hydroton? or super soil? I'm open to all suggestions

I've also seen aeroponic system like the aquamist thats like aero/dwc, then theres systems like the aeroflo thats like aero/NFT... I'm hoping to hear every ones input, thanks!!

Well SoG is around 16 to 20 plants per 1 m2.

So ya need to find a system to fit that many plants in for a start which is going to be tough... more likely a system big enough to fit in a 120cm by 120cm tent will do the job.

I would more likely choose a hydroponic system tho due to the faster veg growth rate which one can expect & slightly more yield than over soil grows on average.

Think NFT, Wilma drip systems perhaps a suitable aeroponic system can be found !

Going to need good air flow & humiidity control around these plants grown closely together as i've seen bud rot wipe out the lot...

SoG is a lot of plants & best check state rules/conditions on how many you can legal grow tho :thumb:

I'm about to do a SoG in a RubberMaid tub doing DWC but haven't decided how many plants to put in it yet. 12 -24 is what I'm aiming for. Likely 12. I have a big NL girl growing in a 4 gal pot with ProMix that I can take 100 clones off if I wanted that many but a dozen ought to be enough for one tub.

L8r

thanks for the reply!!! but yeah man i basically had everything planned to do an aero but i keep getting told that f&d is the way to go in sog but i hear from other people that aero is the champ when it comes to speed/yield. the thing everybody say its its so much more work to do aero then flood&drain but with f&d you still have to maintain the res, the ph, rely on a pump, and cooling just like with aero, its seems like the only thing that people say about aero is clogged sprays but then theres people who say they've been growing for years and never ever had a clogged sprayer. any input?

I'm about to do a SoG in a RubberMaid tub doing DWC but haven't decided how many plants to put in it yet. 12 -24 is what I'm aiming for. Likely 12. I have a big NL girl growing in a 4 gal pot with ProMix that I can take 100 clones off if I wanted that many but a dozen ought to be enough for one tub.

L8r
yeah i was thinking about dwc too and i still would like to give it a try but i just hate the thought of constantly having to keep the water level in the res a certain height while also making sure the ppm's are right too, ya know?

Try googling the aquamist 1 @ 2ft×4ft or aquamist 4 @2ft×2ft.

That's where I started.

Google "seemorebuds" "15lb in 80 days"

Just don't expect 5+ lbs off 3 600watt hps lights. I smelled a little bs in the audio.

I love my dwc buckets. A few minutes topping them off just before lights out and that is it. Literally less than 20 minutes a day running 4 buckets, except on water change days, then it's more like 20 min per bucket. As you can see in my signature and current journal, it gets the job done...well.

thats where i got my first idea for sog and i wanted an aquarist but they were a little too expensive for my taste but i believe he got the 15. theres people pulling 5-6 of 50 plants on a 4x8 ebb and flow with 1800w. he's using aeroponics and a fuck ton of plants i think on one with 96 plants he got 5lb which is unreasonable seeing as thats 23.3g a plant which is a lot but the dude clearly knew what he was doing

Here is a really really easy way to sog, take note I veg my seedlings and take clones this way the plants
1448753261019.jpg
1448753323070.jpg
1448753298192.jpg
1448753276605.jpg
IMG_20151129_095801.jpg
in this pic are now topped and a foot tall but you could easily just not top them and go 12/12 you can fit 12 plants easy per container and you run an airline into the container with your nutrient solution in the bottom its the simplest dwc there is

The last pic is one plant nothing to do with sog but I'm growing 4 monsters Like that big one vs 44 smaller plants in side by side2x2x2 meter jungle room tents to see which yields more for a bit of fun strain is white rhino stop by my journal if your interested, anyway this way of doing sog is so bloody easy and fast so simple all you need to do is top up the big containers with ph'd nutrient solution once every 3 days lol that's it

Back
Top Bottom