BiggMakk's Pure Tranquility In Soil, Regular Photo (Seeds 3 And 4)

Strain: Pure Tranquility
Genetic Makeup: Indica dominant, regular, photoperiod
Pot Size: 3 Gallon
Tent Size: 3' x 3'
Grow Space: 10' x 10'
How Many Plants: 2
Environment: Indoor
Stage: Seedling
Medium: Fox Farm Happy Frog
Lights: 200 Watt LED
Nutrients: Fox Farm, Bigfoot myco, BIOS
Room/Tent Temperature: 78°
Relative Humidity: 65%
Media/Res PH: 7
Pests: None
Watering: automatically using SWICK bases

Since I collected pollen on the last grow, I no longer need a male plant. I can dispatch male plants as soon as they are detected. It also means I can grow 2 plants. My plan based on plant genders:
2 females: pollenate 1 using pollen from last grow to create seeds, flower the other one.
1 male, 1 female: expeditiously execute the male, flower the female since I haven't even been able to consume this strain yet.
2 males: OFF WITH THEIR HEADS and the rest of the plant

Changes from last grow:
1. Shorter veg cycle. Last plant ended up growing up past the light.
2. Clean/inspect/rearrange tent equipment for better efficiency.
3. Use starter bags after Jiffy pods and before the final grow pots. Hopefully to build a better root ball.

Day One​

Day 1 of germination​

Two seeds dropped into 60ml of 1% Hydrogen Peroxide. Placed on heat mat. Water temp 77°. Room temp 70°. Placed in dark closet.

Day Three​

Day 3 of germination​

Seed #3 showing about 2mm of radicle. Seed #4 split open but no radicle. Placed both seeds into their own Jiffy pod.

Thanks for stopping by.

Day 19​

Day 3 of vegetative​

Looks like there is a casualty. Seed #4 doesn't look good. I have no explanation, which is worse than making a mistake and getting this result. At least then you know what is wrong and hopefully how to correct it or avoid it. Now I don't know what to do. Both plants have been treated the same; lights, water, nutes, etc. If you look at the last picture, #4 was even a little bigger than #3. If anyone has any idea, I am all ears.

However, I will look at the bright side. If #4 doesn't recover, then #3 will get transferred to a 5-gallon pot and I will do a ScROG and try to fill the tent. Last grow was a solo plant in a 3-gallon pot and did a pretty good job of coming close to filling the tent. I'll have to decide #4's fate by the weekend because #3 is getting big enough that it will be time to up pot soon. There are no visible roots on the sides or bottom, so it isn't urgent...yet.

Since I haven't posted in over a week, here is a catch-up. Monday they both got nutes of myco and FF Big Bloom in 125ml of RO water each. Turned up the light to PPFD 266 (DLI 17.4). #4 was already looking bad but I still treated it the same as #3.

Today they both got 125ml of RO water at pH of 6.2.

Average environmental stats over last 24 hours:
Temperature: 71.5°
RH: 66.8%
VPD: 0.90 kPa
Pretty happy with those numbers.

#3 looking good​

#4 looking poorly​

Day 22​

Day 6 of vegetative​

First the bad news. PT #4 is dead. RIP.

Life goes on with seed #3. Transferred the seedling bag to a 5-gallon pot. Applied the following nutes mixed into RO water:
FF Big Bloom: 23.5ml/3l
FF Grow Big: 8ml/3l
GH ArmorSi (Silicon): 0.75ml/3l

First time using the supplemental Silicon. The local grow supply store owner talked me into it. It is supposed to increase the rigidity of the stems and increase yield. Nothing to compare to yet. Set light at 24" above the plant and get the following readings:
PPFD: 296
DLI: 19.3

Average environmental stats over last 24 hours:
Temperature: 72.9°
RH: 58.0%
VPD: 1.18 kPa

Seed #3 after transfer into 5-gallon pot​

Back
Top Bottom