Billroy's First Grow - Advice Welcome

Billroy

Purchased 2 clones from a retail dispensary here in Colorado. This is my first attemp ever at growing bud, in fact I really haven't smoked in sometime but that didnt stop me from visiting a retail shop just out of curiosity. Anyways I ended up walking out with 2 clones (1 Church and 1 Sourflower ) and a 1 gram prerolled for $57.00 on 2/8/2014.

here is a pic of them after purchase
C1271FBA-899B-4C1C-B501-D29523C7E023.jpg

I have read a ton of threads on here but actual feedback is always a plus.

Things have been good, kept them under an Aerogarden for first 2 weeks in 2 QT. pot. Last week on Monday I transplanted them into 3 gal. pots with Cocogrow and I switched the lighting to a T5 - 8 bulb 48" florecent. Watered heavily on Tuesday. I have given FF nutes twice since I've had them,first time was 1/2 TPS of Big grow in 1 gal. distilled water, PH adjusted accordly, the latest on Thursday w/ 1 TBS of Big Grow and 1 TBS of Big Bloom in 1 gal. of distilled water, PH adjusted to 5.8. Runoff PH measured @ 6.5. Temps consistantly at 78-82F day & 68-72F night, RH @ 20-40%, lighting is 18-6 on a timer.

Starting on Wednesday SF (Sourflower) had severe droopy leaves, indicating that I may have overwatered.
Here is a pic
85F196B3-B835-45B5-85BB-7BC027B1C487.jpg

Today she looks a little better
sickclones016.jpg

CH (Church) on the other hand has taken a severe downturn, clawing leaves, purple stems, different colored new growth. Not sure if a Nitrogen deficiency or something else.
sickclones014.jpg

sickclones013.jpg

sickclones012.jpg

C108CF1D-92AF-49C9-93D1-3A644C62A0A9.jpg

What does evryone think? All constructive criticism is very much welcome.

Oh and for 9 bucks that prerolled was worth every penny considering it's legal :tokin:

Re: Billroys first grow - something's not right

Looks like over watering to me. You won't have to water often considering the lack of heat from floro vs HIDs.

Subbed

What kind of light other t h an the cfls ate you using? Is that picture of the plants under the 48" t5??

Should really start to flourish under the t5! Best of luck Billroy

Snapped a few more pics CH appears to be recovering slightly. Still concerned about her purple stems. SF seems to be recovering nicely.

Also if you look at the Pistils on CH (1st pic) I've noticed some deformity. Is she showing signs of sex change. I know she has been stressed and from my research this strain has a history of morphing.
485A1160-2D7E-493C-8656-8BA7D6377940.jpg

Churches stem
40182A7E-01C1-49C1-ADEF-52FC50B42209.jpg

Sourflowers stem
39F44C73-B68F-43E5-ADF9-54913251EABC_zpskpuwyya2.jpg

78196803-6D5A-4F21-B6EF-E9FC829BF69D_zpsa3mlmbrz.jpg

Church
F1521773-AFC7-41AB-8750-EE6CC34C5E12.jpg

875FBEBC-AFE2-46AA-A989-8DBAC4C3C7C1_zpsqomwfzzl.jpg

Sourflower

Thanks to everyone that has snooped and much love to those that respond :Rasta:

Looks great I'm subbed! I just started vegging my first legal grow under my t-5s and my plants are blowing up!

Subbed. :Namaste:
Hey billroy, how you doin. I will start by saying if my advice was unwanted i apologize, but it appears to me as though your plants are showing just about every sign in the book of overwatering.
drooping leaves
purple petioles
purple streaking
yellow tips from nitrogen deficiency
I believe your plant is waterlogged and has now lost the ability to absorb nitrogen and magnesium. I would suggest stepping back your watering, another helpful measure to dry out your root system would be to include H2O2 in your next feeding, the oxygen acts as a drying agent and prevents root rot. The H2O2 part is very optional though, a quick fix. Just stepping back your watering will eventually fix the problem.
:byebye:

Also, your pistils don't look deformed to me at all.

Thanks MKrop420, your advice is very much welcome. I see now that when I transplanted them last Monday that I have indeed overwatered. I was thinking that since they were in bigger buckets that more water was needed. I'm an idiot, I know. I haven't watered since I transplanted last week, so hopefully they can make for a full recovery. Keeping fingers crossed.

Im in ,

Wouldnt worry about the purple, i believe church is a indica, they dont have it up on the strain menu yet. But you will get purple from alot of indica strains. Both my indica strains have purple in them. Was checking out the stock of one last night and it has these awesome looking purple pin stripes going up the stock.

Good luck and happy growing

Hi Billroy!

they will make a full recovery! I had a plant that went worse than this in fact I had almost written it off as dead (Poor drainage was my problem) it then turned into my favorite plant looking the most promising plant of all mine!

Anyway best of luck!
And may the lord bless us all with big and tasty yields!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom