First Grow - Advice Welcome

Stealthking

well this is my first grow. All bag seed just trying to make mistakes now so i dont do it with the good stuff all 4 plants are 3 weeks old today and just had there first 1/4 strength feeding today. i have 4 soft white cfl and 4 daylight cfl they are 23 watt=100 watt bulbs i have 1 fan blowing on them. hopefully i will have pics tommorw for u guys.

I have a few ?'s like when should i start budding and if i started feeding to soon. I waited till all of them had at least 3 sets of 5 leafs some had more. Also i have 1 plant that is taller and not as bushey as the other 3 i read that it might be a sign of a male but i cant tell like i said i am a rookie lol

thanks for any and all ur help

Stealthking

Where are you growing? In a PC case? Closet? The lights you picked are fine for growing. The tall, stretchy plant could be a sign of a male but you won't know for sure until about a week into flowering. As for when to flower, that's entirely up to you. Again, it depends on your space. You can veg for months and months and grow monsters. Or, if space is limited you may want to flower after just 3-4 weeks of veg. Light doses of nutes can be given but keep it small early on and slowly build up the dosage.

ur right about the tallest one but it could just be because of the way u positioned ur lights so it stretched the plant a bit .

I give my girls nutrients once a week regardless veggie or flowering. And like Lizard said u can veggie for as long as u want. Just dont expect any flowering to start until the 4th n half to 5th week of life.

So Id suggest u veggie for 5 week then switch to flowering hours on the 5th week , so like this ur flowering will start after 3-5 days. I always make the hours 10/14 or 11/13 instead of 12/12 the first week just to make sure the flowering starts quicker.

If u go to gallery there is a option to the right of the page to upload pictures.Ventilation is a must cant say much more without pics of the grow space.

2012-09-25_21_52_47.jpg
2012-09-25_21_52_38.jpg
2012-09-25_21_52_33.jpg
2012-09-25_21_52_27.jpg
2012-09-25_21_52_06.jpg
2012-09-25_21_52_06.jpg

is it 90F in there the whole time ?
and if u r talking about the first pic being a male , it looks like its very possible . but honestly its WAY to early to tell , since u r not using MH or HPS lights u need another 3-4 weeks before u could tell . IF u have the money its possible to make them girls turn into monsters but only with the right lighting system.
But overall Id say if im seeing the temps right 90F ? u r making way to much heat stress on ur plants which in return stunts growth. thats why they r drooping also because of heat stress . Try to bring the lights back and get more air flowing . Ideal is 75F but of course 80'ish will be fine also.

I know heat is a issue bit that one was tursty lol took twice as much water as norqamal and the highest I have seen is 92 and I am currtlent working on a intake and exhast system but my living room is starting to smell dank lol is there anybody out there that knows how to make a homemade carbon fitler

Ventilation is important. Heat stress can you set you back a couple of weeks in the early stages...
Even outside with the fresh air and wind, average temps around 30 degrees will stunt growth, prevent flowering, and kill seedlings!

They are a good size for three weeks, though. I don't think you have too big of a problem at this point...

Best of luck

I have a few ?'s like when should i start budding and if i started feeding to soon. I waited till all of them had at least 3 sets of 5 leafs some had more. Also i have 1 plant that is taller and not as bushey as the other 3 i read that it might be a sign of a male but i cant tell like i said i am a rookie lol

thanks for any and all ur help

Stealthking

Hey Stealthking,

Judging by the pics your plants look like they are suffering from nutrient burn,ease on the nutrients at the start and slowly build them up.Give them just plain water in between nutrient feeds,and only water them after the soil has dried up a bit.
Over all they look like healthy plants.
As regards to flowering,well its totally up to you.If you have space issues then in another week i would start flowering.The rule of thumb is:Your plants will grow 3 times the size they are when in flowering period.
If you don't have space issues then you would be better off letting them grow another 2/3 weeks before putting them into flower.
Just in case you dont know: in order to put you plant into flowering phase you must change you light schedule to 12/12.That means 12 hours on and 12 hours off.With no light interruptions during the 12 hours of darkness because it can set you back some time.
You wont be able to tell if they are male or female until you switch to the flowering stage.After about a week in flower the will show there sex.The female will have white hairs coming from the nodes and the male will have little round sacks.

As regard your light bulbs:Yes what you are using is fine but the more daylight ones you have the better as the warm white bulbs are only really any good for flowering.

Good look with the grow Sk and i hope this helps.

BB.

:Namaste:

UPDATE hooked up a fresh air Inlet up and a exhast fan dont think its enough but gotta get some hot air out of there lol will post pics later tonight

looking to upgrade my whole system i got a new closet and i am gonna do everything right and before i get my plants started but i needsome advice on lights i know i wanna go hps/mh but i am not sure if i need a 250w, 400w, or 600w. lights are not cheap so i dont wanna buy a 600 if i only need a 250w system ya know and is mylar really worth it or should i just use tin foil or paint it white

looking to start on the room today so any advice soon would be nice lol

looking to upgrade my whole system i got a new closet and i am gonna do everything right and before i get my plants started but i needsome advice on lights i know i wanna go hps/mh but i am not sure if i need a 250w, 400w, or 600w. lights are not cheap so i dont wanna buy a 600 if i only need a 250w system ya know and is mylar really worth it or should i just use tin foil or paint it white

looking to start on the room today so any advice soon would be nice lol

I got 3 girls in my area which is a 3x3x5, which im guessing would be close to urs , if not a bit smaller or bigger, I use a 400W < Ballast that supports MH HPS (its some cheap brand that i got for around $100) the 400W Ballast will support bulbs up to 400W . So what i do to save on my power bill and not to get it so hot in there during their most important weeks of growth (veggie) is go with a 250W MH put so it
1. Doesnt stretch the plants
2.cheaper power bill as im only pulling 250W and it will do the exact same as a 400W if ur area isnt bigger then 6x6x6.
3. Less heat as the MH will get hoter then the HPS if using the same watt set.

After the 4-5 weeks of veggie (or how ever long u want to veggie sky's the limit) I switch over to my 400W HPS . Which in return gives the flowering and budding just the right amount that it would need to be a beautiful plant, Here is a few pics of my baby that is a little over 3 weeks of flowering (5 weeks of veggie), see for urself :)

hope this helps.
IMG_047715.JPG
IMG_047913.JPG

1 of my plants has a yellow tent on the top is that a lack of water the light to close or what and its kinda crunchy i dont think its lack of water cuz i water every 2 days and ideas guys and thanks for the info tk

1 of my plants has a yellow tent on the top is that a lack of water the light to close or what and its kinda crunchy i dont think its lack of water cuz i water every 2 days and ideas guys and thanks for the info tk

Hey Sk
It sounds like nutrient burn.How much are you feeding it?

i think it might be so i backed off of them few new ?s i feel like my plants have stopped growing as fast and i have a new grow area and not sure how i wanna set it up the dimenions are 6 foot wide 8 foot tall and 2 feet deep and idea or theads u guys wanna throw my way would me alsome and also hydro or soil and i need a 400 watt light know of for sale

Back
Top Bottom