First Time Grower - Advice Welcome

04/27 Test Sample# 2 Report Skunk/Northern Lights
Sample_2_001.jpg

Alright, I snipped a small branch 2 days ago and dried it by hanging it on the ceiling fan and letting the fan circulate on low for 2 days.

The bud was not completely dry, but much drier than Sample# 1 from a week before. The resin was sticky when I broke it up, not as much as the 1st sample. I mixed it with some toba**o & the mix proved to be adequate for testing purposes.

Result of Test Sample:

Aroma: Skunky, Sweet, smooth smell.
Taste: Not harsh at all, in fact getting smoother, didn't taste as sweet, but skunkier. Easy to inhale, no burning or coughing. I did not taste the sweetness of the molasses this time, since I discontinued use 3 weeks ago. Molasses will be reintroduced that last 2 weeks before harvest.

Resin: After lighting, the joint turned a nice brownish/blackish color. The ash was dark gray. It burned completely through this time, so the ceiling fan idea worked better.

Effect: Nice Head buzz after about 10 minutes which lasted 45 minutes & then it turned into a nice body buzz with a great pain relieving effect. The total effect lasted a good hour and 1/2.

Summary: I now firmly believe that this going to be some real darn good smoke. I have decided that I will let them go the full 9 weeks as recommended to fully maximize their potential. Next Wednesday will be the last feeding with nutes & I'll prep for harvest by flushing & adding the molasses for the more enhanced sweetness when the time comes!

:Namaste:

Hey SABO, Great grow my friend, I'm curious, why did you taint the sample with tobacco? Was it to help with the fact that the bud wasn't mature or fully dried? I'm just trying to learn a little sum, sum here, not judging. Thanks buddy.

Hey SABO, Great grow my friend, I'm curious, why did you taint the sample with toba**o? Was it to help with the fact that the bud wasn't mature or fully dried? I'm just trying to learn a little sum, sum here, not judging. Thanks buddy.

Shadow,

Great question, but we have to watch mentioning the topic of toba**o here on 420, it's frowned upon & against Forum Guidelines. So, I like to be a little discreet about even hinting or mentioning it. I do not want to openly encourage the use of it & there are members & guests that may be led back into temptation.

Yes, I made the mixture due to the buds still being a little moist. IMO, it helps it burn better and more evenly, especially for Testing purposes. In Europe, where I lived for 20 years, it is very common to make a mix for cannabis & hashish. It's a personal preference of some, who do not like/wish to have 100% cannabis or hash in a joint, bowl or hookah.

Here's a Rookie mistake. Nothing better than some self critique.

Yeah, the Alpha cola looks nice, but I should have payed more attention in flower and pulled it down to evenly distribute resources to the smaller colas. I won't complain though, but will know better next time.
0021779.jpg

In this picture of a 2nd AK 48, the colas are more even
0011779.jpg

Wow looks like a few more weeks and you can start testing them out! Were they topped before? I still do not top my plants one way I avoid stress I guess but you fellas do it nice and gentle n stress free lol 'bows
Since I am a wuss at topping I learned to make even canopies with lots of tops without LST or topping. Some strains just will not even out for me due to genetics but I am getting closer with those strains.

Shadow,

Great question, but we have to watch mentioning the topic of toba**o here on 420, it's frowned upon & against Forum Guidelines. So, I like to be a little discreet about even hinting or mentioning it. I do not want to openly encourage the use of it & there are members & guests that may be led back into temptation.

Yes, I made the mixture due to the buds still being a little moist. IMO, it helps it burn better and more evenly, especially for Testing purposes. In Europe, where I lived for 20 years, it is very common to make a mix for cannabis & hashish. It's a personal preference of some, who do not like/wish to have 100% cannabis or hash in a joint, bowl or hookah.

Easy way to avoid bacco is cut up the moist weed let it sit on table for couple hours till dry enough it works great for samples and if it is sticky the resin on the scissors is smokable right away mmmm scissor charas

Were they topped before?

Hi WildRosebud,

Yes, they were topped & Fimmed. They were also subjected to LST/HST techniques. You name it, I did it to them for the learning experience. The first picture of the AK-48 with the Alpha cola, the plant is only 26 inches high & the Alpha cola is a foot long. The next go around I am going to Double Top and FIM more, I will also continue to imply LST techniques, Kyle's Method for Super-Cropping, along with Light Addict's Back Building Technique. Some good stuff, I just need to work on perfecting the techniques.

Hi WildRosebud,

Yes, they were topped & Fimmed. They were also subjected to LST/HST techniques. You name it, I did it to them for the learning experience. The first picture of the AK-48 with the Alpha cola, the plant is only 26 inches high & the Alpha cola is a foot long. The next go around I am going to Double Top and FIM more, I will also continue to imply LST techniques, Kyle's Method for Super-Cropping, along with Light Addict's Back Building Technique. Some good stuff, I just need to work on perfecting the techniques.

You keep doing that stuff I will watch and learn lol
Last time I did Supercrop pissed me off , turned wonderful Romulan Hermi :( Note to self , do not top , supercrop or train romulan lmao.... Sweet thing with romulan is it naturally grows a even canopy , poopy that they are feminized and prone to hermi....

You keep doing that stuff I will watch and learn lol
Last time I did Supercrop pissed me off , turned wonderful Romulan Hermi :( Note to self , do not top , supercrop or train romulan lmao.... Sweet thing with romulan is it naturally grows a even canopy , poopy that they are feminized and prone to hermi....

I hear you, that is why I picked these 2 strains for my 1st grow. They take well to any type of training and are IMO indestructible, very low odor & perfect for an indoor grow.

Here's a Rookie mistake. Nothing better than some self critique.

Yeah, the Alpha cola looks nice, but I should have payed more attention in flower and pulled it down to evenly distribute resources to the smaller colas. I won't complain though, but will know better next time.
0021779.jpg

In this picture of a 2nd AK 48, the colas are more even
0011779.jpg

Great Flowers!!! :circle-of-love:

The Ladies are being put to bed now. Reduced Lighting Schedule for last week was 12.5 Dark/11.5 Light. Now they are going to 13 Dark/11 Light for the next week & further reduced the last 2 weeks. Still being exposed to cold Temps at night & they go out when it's nice. Has to be above 60 degrees, but the next 4 days it is looking good for them to go out & play.

0011780.jpg

The Ladies are outside, I can tell the end is near, they are starting to look tired. Poor things are probably root bound, now they are going to get starved to death. In a way, "Ole Sabo" is sad, but when they are harvested & cured, "Ole Sabo" & some great friends are going to throw a wake & have a "Celebration of Life" ceremony. :party:

TRICH UPDATE:

I think the SKNLs are going to finish a week earlier than the AK-48s. Opinions???

CTRL + to magnify.

SKNL loaded with Trichs/some Clear/ more Cloudy and a few Ambers. 2 weeks I think
SKNL1.jpg

AK 48 Trichs are clear, slowly turning Cloudy/3 weeks probably
AK_484.jpg

WHAT IS THIS? THRIP?

Ole Sabo was looking at the Trichs on the 2nd picture in the above posting & low & behold, them Ole Eyes of his saw this. What in tarnations is this little critter? Is it a critter, hard for me to tell? Looks like a critter to me.

Thrip6.JPG

Just got all caught up, and your plants look great man. Dunno what that is in that picture, any chance of getting a shot of it with a magnifying glass?

Just got all caught up, and your plants look great man. Dunno what that is in that picture, any chance of getting a shot of it with a magnifying glass?

Thanks for taking the time to read my modest little journal. I think it was a Thrip, shook the heck out of the plant, have her isolated & am going to treat very lightly, since I'm so close to harvest.

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom