First Time Grower - Advice Welcome

Okay, these little one's will go into another journal after I complete this one! :yahoo:

Darkstar/planted in Solo cup, 2/3rds Light Warrior/ 1/3 Promix
0031689.jpg

Auto Climax/planted in 3 gallon container/Solo cup was cut out at the bottom/Light Warrior in the Solo cup/Container FFOF
0041598.jpg

Auto Critical/planted in 3 gallon container/Solo cup was cut out at the bottom/Light Warrior in the Solo cup/Container FFOF
0051513.jpg

You know I'm there SABO.

BUD SAMPLE# 2:

SMOKE REPORT TO FOLLOW ON 04/27/14:

SKNL Sample# 2 for Quality Control purposes only! Bud will be trimmed and dried for 2 days & sampled on 04/27/14
Sample_2_001.jpg

:popcorn:

Good morning,

My sample for tomorrow is still drying, it looks and feels scrumptious! I have it hanging from my ceiling fan in the bedroom strapped onto the glass light cover with a rubber band, the fan is rotating on its slowest setting. The room is completely blacked out. This is a pretty good quick drying method & Oh My, there is such a nice smell when "Ole Sabo" wakes up in the morning!

:high-five:

Saturday morning Photo Shoot:

The ladies are out sunbathing & breathing in some fresh CO2.
0041604.jpg

AK-48, They are really starting to thicken up!
0061340.jpg

Skunk/Northern Lights Dense/Frosty
0071265.jpg

It's a beautiful day in your neighborhood

Let's All Sing Along (Mr Rogers) :cheer:

Won't you be My Neighbor:

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

It's a neighborly day in this beauty wood,
A neighborly day for a beauty.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Won't you please,
Won't you please?
Please won't you be my neighbor?

Sheesh, I haven't posted on this journal yet? Been following along, just never piped up, I guess. :cheesygrinsmiley:

+reps for the pretty outdoor girls!

Hi Graytail,

You don't have to post, when I see your "Likes", that is more than enough information for me to continue. If you would have saw something I was messing up on, I am sure that you would have given me a suggestion or two!

Am going to try & re-veg 2 SKNLs & may have some questions for you.

Thank you for the + Reps!

:Namaste:

Hi Graytail,

You don't have to post, when I see your "Likes", that is more than enough information for me to continue. If you would have saw something I was messing up on, I am sure that you would have given me a suggestion or two!

Am going to try & re-veg 2 SKNLs & may have some questions for you.

Thank you for the + Reps!

Yer welcome! :rocker:

One thing I think I learned about reveges - don't let them go too far into the finish if you want to reveg. I had complete success with my SLH, but I failed with the Jamaican Dream and the Utopia Haze. The SLH was harvested early, and I let the others, especially Utopia, go to the end - they were old, brown and tired when I chopped 'em, and simply died.

04/27 Test Sample# 2 Report Skunk/Northern Lights
Sample_2_001.jpg

Alright, I snipped a small branch 2 days ago and dried it by hanging it on the ceiling fan and letting the fan circulate on low for 2 days.

The bud was not completely dry, but much drier than Sample# 1 from a week before. The resin was sticky when I broke it up, not as much as the 1st sample. I mixed it with some toba**o & the mix proved to be adequate for testing purposes.

Result of Test Sample:

Aroma: Skunky, Sweet, smooth smell.
Taste: Not harsh at all, in fact getting smoother, didn't taste as sweet, but skunkier. Easy to inhale, no burning or coughing. I did not taste the sweetness of the molasses this time, since I discontinued use 3 weeks ago. Molasses will be reintroduced that last 2 weeks before harvest.

Resin: After lighting, the joint turned a nice brownish/blackish color. The ash was dark gray. It burned completely through this time, so the ceiling fan idea worked better.

Effect: Nice Head buzz after about 10 minutes which lasted 45 minutes & then it turned into a nice body buzz with a great pain relieving effect. The total effect lasted a good hour and 1/2.

Summary: I now firmly believe that this going to be some real darn good smoke. I have decided that I will let them go the full 9 weeks as recommended to fully maximize their potential. Next Wednesday will be the last feeding with nutes & I'll prep for harvest by flushing & adding the molasses for the more enhanced sweetness when the time comes!

Here's a Rookie mistake. Nothing better than some self critique.

Yeah, the Alpha cola looks nice, but I should have payed more attention in flower and pulled it down to evenly distribute resources to the smaller colas. I won't complain though, but will know better next time.
0021779.jpg

In this picture of a 2nd AK 48, the colas are more even
0011779.jpg

Back
Top Bottom