Alchemy

Just did the first nute treatment at half strength.Also used the miracle grow plant food will see if it hurts

Well it is Xmas the Ghost of Bob Marley just delivered my new seeds yeeee hawwwww. Just planted my amnesia fem auto-flowerand my Sour kosher. Gonna just add them to this journal. info on seed

amnesia auto-flower
sex: Feminized
type:Sativa
Flowering: Auto
Genetics: 60 day grow

Sour Kosher
Sex: Feminized
Type: Mostly Sativa
Flowering: Photo period
Genetics: Sour Diesel X Kosher Kush

coco and perlite grow mix

nutes : Budda Grow budda flower and HPK all by roots organics Miracle Grow All Purpuse Plant food

Lights: 3 150w clamp lights with 2 23w cfl bulbs ( will be adding more )

PH in water: 5.5-6.0

Light cycle right now is 18/6 will change at 4 weeks ( advice on that welcomed )

The alchemy plant is looking real good so far after her nute treatment last night. Decided to keep alchemy at 18/6 till amnesia is ready to flower.

one of the sets of new seeds i got says it is a cross between tangerine13 and ruderalis. Had never heard of ruderalis so did some investigation and this is what i found

Origin and range

Cannabis sativa, C. indica, and C. ruderalis are all species of the genus Cannabis. They can all inter-breed freely, and many 'pedigree' cultivars are indica/sativa hybrids. Authorities disagree about the number of species of plant which constitute the genus Cannabis. Although many authorities continue to class all varieties of the plant as Cannabis sativa, it is widely accepted that there are three separate species or sub-species. C. sativa, the most widely cultivated in the Western World, was originally grown on an industrial scale for fiber, oil, and animal feedstuffs. It is characterised by tall growth with few, widely spaced, branches. C. indica, originating in south Asia, is also known historically as Indian hemp, and is characterised by shorter bushy plants giving a much greater yield per unit height. C. ruderalis is a hardier variety grown in the northern Himalayas and southern states of the former Soviet Union, characterised by a more sparse, "weedy" growth. It is rarely cultivated for its THC content.

Similar C. ruderalis populations can be found in most of the areas where hemp cultivation was once prevalent. The most notable region in North America is the midwestern United States, though populations occur sporadically throughout the United States and Canada. Large wild C. ruderalis populations are also found in central and eastern Europe, most of them in Lithuania, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia and adjacent countries. Without human selection, these plants have lost many of the traits they were originally selected for, and have acclimated to their environment.
Breeding potential

Cannabis ruderalis has a lower THC content than either C. sativa or C. indica, so it is rarely grown for recreational use and the shorter stature of C. ruderalis limits its application for hemp production. Many first time cannabis producers grow autoflowering varieties due to the relatively short time required for the plants to grow sufficiently to be harvested.[citation needed] Cannabis ruderalis strains are high in the cannabіnoid cannabidiol, so they are grown by some medical marijuana users.

However, C. ruderalis' early, plant-age triggered "autoflowering" characteristic (which offers some agricultural advantages over the day-length flowering varieties) as well as its reputed resistance to insect and disease pressures makes it attractive to plant breeders[citation needed] C. indica strains are frequently cross-bred with C. ruderalis to produce autoflowering plants with high THC content, improved hardiness and reduced height.

sorry if i got technical there bbut thought there might be peeps who also dont know what ruderalis is

finally got the room finished. plant is 2 days after nutes and doing well
Top View
Alchemy_Top.jpg

Side Veiw
Alchemy_Side.jpg

seedling aarea
Room120.jpg

Room218.jpg

Bottom veg and flower
Room314.jpg

this is the farthest i have ever gotten am impressed with myself and also thankful for the peeps who post stuff you guys are teaching me so much:circle-of-love:

ok the verdict is in will be adding a t5 to the room come pay day. Here is the lighting sched. i will be switching to once the new seeds break ground

Seedlings and Cuttings

the Gas Lantern Routine is applicable in seedling phases of plant growth. As stated before, nowhere in nature does the springtime ever provide an 18-hour photosynthesis length; rather, the growing spring light may in fact be 12 hours or less. Lighting for seedlings and cuttings needs to be bright, but compact fluorescent or T5 lighting may be used while in the seedling phase.

The Vegetative Schedule

This method is quite simple: 12 hours of light, followed by five and one half hours of darkness, a single hour of light exactly, and then a second period of five and one half hours of darkness. Placing a full hour of light in the very center of a 12-hour dark period tricks the plant and interrupts the buildup up of sensitive floral hormones, which would normally trigger flowering by destroying them.

The Flowering Schedule

Plants that have been grown up using the Gas Lantern Routine are now supercharged with floral hormones, and ready to go into flower with the slightest provocation. The interruption of the dark period has been destroying enough of the naturally building hormones to keep the plant from expressing sex, and the well-rested plant now has plenty of stored nutrients and energy to finish its life cycle and flower. Triggering the plants is essentially just a matter of removing the interrupting light period, so the plants may now experience the full buildup of hormones that will trigger blooming.

In keeping with providing all the correct organic biological and environmental needs of the plant, the diminishing fall schedule should be employed to take full advantage of the hormonal preparation created by using the Gas Lantern Routine. The diminishing hours of light in nature trigger acceleration in the production of hormones in the plant, making it flower with increasing speed and power.

The Diminishing Lighting Schedule

The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours for the first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting for increasing darkness time by one half hour every week.

The final week of flowering will provide the plants with a mere nine hours of light, with 15 hours of darkness, forcing a resulting final explosive hormonal buildup. This sends the plant into blooming overdrive and produces resin far beyond the normal plant’s limits.
When the Gas Lantern Routine and Diminishing Light Schedule are used together, they create healthier, more naturally robust plants.

any feed back on this is welcomed

It makes sense from a nature perspective. Are you growing auto flowering? I was reading some threads on that yesterday because I was wondering if I should fim or top one of mine. There was a really great thread (now I can't find it) but one theory proposed was that maybe it was the total amount of light an auto flower needed before starting to flower. The example was maybe it's a 1000 hours. If you have it on 24x7, it will get to harvest faster than 18/6 or 12/12. However, based on his tests, he got better yields with 18/6.

For me, I'm going to keep it simple with the auto flowers that I've got. I don't have a tent so I can't commit to complete and solid darkness. After I get a complete harvest and actually get high from something I grew myself, I will think about different tweaks to get better yields. Whether it is the strategy you laid out above, utilizing more of these nutrients, or going to a different strain, I hope I can try these things one day.

the alchemy plant i have at 23 days is not a auto flower but one I just planted is a auto flower so will see how this method works

dont have tent either am growing in a 4x3x7 closet. using 2 fans for air movement but so far dont have a prob with heat build up cause i open doors when lights are on.

Guess I got my first pest lat night woke up to a small hole ( think it was one of Mickey's relatives ) in bottom of back wall where it joins the floor it knocked over the sour kosher and spilled about an inch out of cup i had it in scooped everything up hopefully seed was still there . Setting traps when baby gets out of blackout . Adding second treatment of nutes tonight. Also need an opinion of neem oil . Some of my growing friends say it is a valuable addition to a grow .

ok going to start a survey Auto-flower vs photo-period and why? the reason for this survey is i got 2 photo and 1 auto going and want to see what others think
Also want to give a shout out to attitude seeds for the prompt and professional service ( oops can I do that )

ok Intotheclouds you have created a new addiction for me googling things about medicine ( lol). Just googled Sog and verrrrryyyyyy interrrresttttttingggggggg. maybe my next grow will just have to be that

In response to your survey. I'm not sure it is AF vs PP as much as it is the pro's and con's of each. I think I saw somewhere a list but I have my reasons for going with AF.

Pro:
no need for 12/12 to induce flowering. My current set up will allow light in and I can't ensure 12 hrs of complete darkness
Overall it's just easier

Cons:
Apparently not as much yield
Apparently not as potent (there is some ruderalis bred into it that reduces the potentency)

In a perfect world I would probably go the photo period route, but it is just more work for me, at this point.

Back
Top Bottom