Biogenesis/Biosynthesis of Mature Cannabinoids? (Pls. Help)

GhettyGreen184

I would also like to start by asking if anyone on this site is familiar with the Biogenesis/BioSynthesis of MonoTerpenes?? and whether that has an influence on aroma and taste in the curing process..

I've been studying horticulture and the Botany of Cannabis..
Kind of understanding the breakdown of cbd to cbn and the condensation of isoprenes.
(Please tell me if I've made an error also, No one is perfect)

But what I am interested in learning is how to influence the natural taste of the plant on a biological level. Let me try Rephrasing to layman (so I myself can understand better), What if any, influences can I induce to effect the taste of the bud? Other than choosing your genetics and letting it do its own thing.

I'm still a noob here but im trying to understand the chemical process of aroma and flavour. Obviously curing has EVERYTHING to do with the breakdown of Major Micro-Bacteria that help destroy chlorophyll, hence the drying and curing process.

But, For example.. My last grow, I waited until the last floral stage of flowering, meaning I let grow until the fan leaves and clayx Bracts were showing signs of maturity/ decay. Resin heads were 90% still attatched with a 50/50 Cloudy to Amber ratio.
I hung dry the whole plant for 5 days then proceeded to cardboard box dry with manyyy holes for air for another 5 days. The buds felt slightly dry/ crunchy but yet still slightly spongy. So i moved to glass jar burping, I didnt notice much "Sweat" around the rim of the mason jar each day i checked. At this point the nugs still smelt a hay-ish/ grassy fresh cut, when just 2 weeks earlier before cut they smelt like orange chocolate/ deisel..

I never achieved that smell back, although the hay-ish smell eventually transpired and the nugs smelt good. It just never returned to that orange kush smell when they were on the plant?

All and all, (And I appreciate you sticking with me this far) I would like to know what I did wrong, I obviously cured well enough to smoke and be extremely pleased but how do I get that pungent knock you in the face smell?

I plant Im referring to I grew, it was Burmese Kush from seed, the journal is in my sig and I've also attatched it to this post. As you will see the nugs looked outstanding on the plant and as i said they smelt TERRIFIC (An Orange/Chocolate Kush Deisel smell.. it was CRAZZY)

-My temps during dry and cure were never above 75 in dry room and hum never went further than 30 %. (Consisted of hang drying whole plant 5 days, vented cardboard box 5 days, paper bags 2 days then drying screens for the next 2 days) then..
-I Cured in soup can size mason jars, with 7-14 grams per jar.
-I Burped jars 2-3 times daily, dumping out nugs and rearranging as to get and even cure and replace air in jar.
-I cured for upwards of two weeks, consistant.
-By end of cure they smelt very pleasing, but had ZERO signs of the Kush smell that should have been produced.

I understand that this is an EXTREMELY broad question, and I know im repeating myself but I just want everyone to understand what I am trying to ask...

"Is there something I can add, (Thats 100 % Organic) to inhance the natural flavour of the nugs. Such as LIPOPHILIC MONOTERPENE CITRAL in an Emuslion concentrate?"

"When do essential psychoactives begin to break down after harvesting (CDB? Is it immediately or during curing process when micro-bacteria begin to start working on chlorophylls?" Or am I mis-informed?

"How big of a role does Temp/Hum play? Is 75F/30% the best?"

"Whats the best method of drying to keep the aroma of the plant intact?"

Your thoughts and comments are helpful no matter what, even if it is simple or complex.

Im interested in learning about Cannabis on a molecular level, Im tired of putting a seed in the dirt, adding nutes and hoping for the best.. Ive been succsesfull so far dont get me wrong, however growing is like Art... the learning/discovery process will never end..

PLEASE chime in your .02!!!!:popcorn:

Heres the link to the grow I mentioned, the Orange Choco aroma of the Burmese Kush simply disapeered forever after harvest... and I want to know WHY!!!!! :tokin:

I am currently growing Reserva Privada OG Kush, I know this strain will begin to have an awesome aroma. I dont want to repeat.
Heres the link to my current CoCo Coir RP OGK grow, there you can see all the ferts and stimulants i am feeding to help get a better understanding.

Back
Top Bottom