Blue Mystic

wranglerpx

Well I finally got my new computer up and running so I thought I would start up a journal of my current grow. Here are my specs:

What strain is it? Nirvana Blue Mystic Feminized
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? about 3 weeks.
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 70% Pro-Mix BX, 20% Perlite, and 10% Bone Meal and Worm Castings with some dolomite lime.
If soil... What size pot? 2 gallon Air Pots
Size of light? 150w HPS and 2 42w 2700k CFL's
Temp of Room/cab? high 70's light, mid 60's dark
RH of Room/cab? 45 - 60% atm
PH of media or res? 6.5ish
Any Pests ? none so far
How often are you watering? When pots are light
Type and strength of ferts used? 3 part Blue Planet Nutrient organic line with blue bloom booster. Also mixed in some Root Magic Mycorrhizae into the top layer of soil as directed. I water untill runoff and then feed with a half gallon nute mixture according to the BPN feed guide weekly.

Things started off a little slow because the temperature was a little on the low side due to winter and it being a basement and all. I then bought a little oil based heater with its thermostat set on 60 which now keeps the temperature in the ideal range so it has been taking off this past week. I have 2 4" inline exhaust and intake fans on standby but havent used them yet because the temperature is currently perfect. I plan on making a DIY carbon filter too attach to the exhause fan when she is put into flower in a few weeks if needed but I have heard this strain has a very neutral smell so we will see. Will post updates regularly. Here are some pics.

Nutes37.JPG

2-26_4.JPG

2-26_3.JPG

2-26_2.JPG

2-26_1.JPG

I plan on LSTing this bad boy around the side of the pot hoping to create a nice even canopy. This is only my 3rd grow so input is appreciated!

re: Blue Mystic

You are going to enjoy the Blue Mystic. By far the most sexy plant I have ever grown. There are two Blue Mystic entries in the February "Plant of the Month" contest. That's what you have to look forward to.

Here is a brief weekly update. Growing good but have a concern for anyone familiar with airpots. As you can see in the picture below i have some roots growing out of the bottom of the pot. The pot is lying directly on the ground so i dont know if they airpruned correctly, should I raise it an inch or two so there is some airflow underneath? or does it really matter? The LST is going well and there is plenty of upward growth.Let me know what you guys think. Here are some pics.

roots68.JPG

3-1_3.JPG

3-1_2.JPG

3-1_1.JPG

:thanks:

I have never grown in airpots but I do grow soil based plants in Hydro pots which have a net like bottom similar to air pots.

THose roots are there because they find water/nutrients under the air pot. You might have run them a little dry or the roots found something under the pot that was not provided in the soil. The roots are doing a hydroponic feeding beleive it or not. I have had them hang out the bottom much worse that that. I might even consider a tray for these pots so you can see the overfill and suck out the runoff. That will minimize the roots coming out the bottom.

Personally I wouldn't worry. Some say to cut off the roots and some say not. I prefer not to. Its nice to know that if I get a little late on my watering I have a little safety with some runoff in the tray.

The Blue Mystic looks great!

I am curious as to why you chose BPN Bloom Booster (non organic) over BPN K-Bud (organic) when your first 3 parts are all organic. Can you fill me in?

Also, how much Bloom Booster are you using.

The reason I ask is that I have both the 7 part organic for my soil grows and use the 2 part Non-organic with BLoom Booster for my 2 liter Hempys. If there is an advantage to using BLoom Booster over K-bud, I would like to know what the difference is.

I used the Kbud with my last grow and now I am going to try the bloom booster. It is only a booster suppliment (1-4 ml/gallon), the rest of my main nutes are all organic so im not too concerned. I am also interested in the differences between the two since the NPK values are so different. Will update journal tomorrow or monday. Enjoy the weekend everyone!

:420:

Quick update 4 days after giving BPN's "crazy growth" feeding. She is really starting to bush out. The LSTing around the top of the pot is going very well but I am only 1/4 of the way around. I was thinking about continuing to LST in veg until she is 1/2 the way around and then throw her int0 12/12. This should ensure a nice even and wide canopy. What do you guys think? She is definately very green and appears to be healthy so far!

3-4_11.JPG

Quick update 4 days after giving BPN's "crazy growth" feeding. She is really starting to bush out. The LSTing around the top of the pot is going very well but I am only 1/4 of the way around. I was thinking about continuing to LST in veg until she is 1/2 the way around and then throw her int0 12/12. This should ensure a nice even and wide canopy. What do you guys think? She is definately very green and appears to be healthy so far!

Wait til you get to see the flowers...

:peacetwo:

Welcome back Wanglerpx :thumb:

I see all is looking very well with the grow & an excellent choice of nutrients.

I would not worry about the roots sticking out of the bottom of the air pot no real harm their, i do keep em on a plant saucer/dish tho as when watering time occurs can be messy with all those holes...

Here's a Nirvana Blue Mystic around 4 to 5 weeks into flowering & will get real fat soon afterwards.
002838.JPG

niccce, hope mine look that nice at 4-5 weeks. What size light were they under?

I use a 400w, 2050k HPS by grolux/sylvania - dutch company.

They are quite highly thought of in the growing industrie & i am pretty sure they do a dual spectrum hps 15% blue / 85% red bulb.

Back
Top Bottom