BPN & JDL Multi Strain Soil Tent Grow

re: BPN & JDL Multi Strain Soil Tent Grow

I have been thinking about going back to soil as well. My job might be changing requiring me to have to travel, and that means the wife will have to care for the garden sooo you know, its easier for her to just dump some tap in the plants and call it good lol.

And for lests, get yourself a no pest strip! A little harsh but works wonders!

yeah would be much easier for your wife to just pour some water on some soil, im sure shes watered a few house plants before lol

i already feel better about my switch to soil. i feel like i actually know what im doing again.

As for the pest, when i had fungus gnats on a previous grow I tried all kinds of pest control, even used the strips, and they did catch alot of the flying buggers but didnt actual solve the problem, the azamax that i still have worked wonders and it works for a plethora of pest. So im going to continue to use that 1-2x a week until i notice the problem taper off.

Thanks for coming by ill be waiting to see if you make the switch to soil!

Well i was just reminded why i never switched to soil again £.< damn bugs man! Got a chemdawg from a buddy of mine who grows in soil. Fricken littered with fungus gnats, mites, and some bugs came crawling out of the stem when i did a suppercropping and accidently split the stem -.-

Soo nevermind lol, i reslly have never had much luck with soil anyways i think i might stick wih my hempies after this chemdawg is done i wont touch it lol.

Another pesticide i have been using... Dont bash me lol i got it at walmart, ita garden safe brand, for fruits and vegetables and man it clears shit up quick. When i got my anesthesia and super lemon haze cutting they had a colony of mites, sprayed once havent seen again since i got this chem dawg... Same guy too now that i think about it. He buys that overpriced water "mighty wash" what a load a crap. I have tried talking to him about not paying so much for cannabis specific nutes, but the guy he started with swears by him and takes his word like a word from god you know? Oh well i can only dp so much :/

Hope everything goes good for you, ill be waiting for progress reports ;)

Thatoneguy

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
This will answer all you question about problem with your plants . It helped me out a lot

thanks man your like the 5th person that has given me that link. Ive been doing my research and ive got it narrowed down to either a few things.

1) I was having root problems and that was causing deformed leaves, 2) my pH fluctuations were so much that it caused growth problems, or 3) i have a microscopic pest that is chewing the leaves.

It could be a combo of all these things so im going to monitor everything closely for the next few weeks and make sure it takes care of the problem

Thanks for stoppin by tho!

That being said i switched to soil to hope clear up any root problems, I sprayed with my azamax foilar spray to control pest (if any) and i plan on not having to pH my water because the store bought is already at 7.0

Hey you might want to ph your water around 5.5-6.0. I'm growing in soil also and I wasn't ph my water and I started having problem with leaves turn upward, I was told that my ph was to high, so I dropped it down and haven't had any problems since, but you get the feel of your plants and they let you know what they like and don't like .

Hey you might want to ph your water around 5.5-6.0. I'm growing in soil also and I wasn't ph my water and I started having problem with leaves turn upward, I was told that my ph was to high, so I dropped it down and haven't had any problems since, but you get the feel of your plants and they let you know what they like and don't like .

hmm i was under the impression that 5.5-6.0 was for hydro and ideal soil was 6.0-7.0 pH, but as you said differnt plants call for differnt pH levels. Im going to continue watering with the neutral {7.0 ph} r/o water from the store unless i notice any ill effects.

Still no roots on the clones but i have hope for them, its relisticly only been 6.5 days since i cut the first round of clones. Some are a little wilted but not limp, still very green, noticing a tiny tiny bit of new growth.

I drained the aerocloner and scrubbed it out today, refilled with 5 gal of r/o water with 25ml of cal/mag and a tiny tiny drop of Super Thrive and about 1/4 tsp of root hormone powder, and a pinch of pH down.

Started brewing up a tea brew today. Its from Xtreme gardening products. only brewing up a .5 gal batch to water with tomorrow after its been brewing for 24 hours.

will have pics soon pce

Day 40 of Veg

DSCF29331.JPG
DSCF29321.JPG

Mixing up some xtreme gardening products tea brew, its over a year old so im not sure if its still gonna work, not getting very foamy yet, i just added another air stone to it but they they cheap blue ones they suck.

DSCF29341.JPG

Gonna water with the brew tomorrow as long as it foams up, if it just stays tiny little bubbles i might not even use it.

Gonna take a few more cuttings tonight try to fill up that cloner :)

I have a question is it bad to put 5ml cal mag to 1 gal of water in my cloner? i figured since im using r/o water a little cal mag wouldn't hurt.

ALSO

Is it safe to use drain water from my portable air conditioner to water my plants with IF it first under goes a reverse osmosis filtration system?

Im planing on hooking a drain line up from my ac to my "dirty water res" and have a sub pump in it connected to a portable r/o system that drips clean r/o water into a different res.

Theoretically i dont see why this wouldn't work, i mean i know the drain water that comes out of the a/c is pretty nasty but the r/o system is suppose to clean every (or at least almost) every dissolved or undissolved particle in the water, so the water should be fine once it goes through the r/o system.

The only draw back i see is the filters might get dirty quick and id have to change them out alot, but it would be convenient to use drain water from my a.c to water my grow with.

Let me know what you think!!!

Subbed!
I'm doing a soil grow with 20 blue cheese right now. Ironically my lady has white rhino starts for the next generation of clones. I'm had to switch from DWC to soil mid grow so we have a lot in common with our current grows. I'm watching for what's next.

Subbed!
I'm doing a soil grow with 20 blue cheese right now. Ironically my lady has white rhino starts for the next generation of clones. I'm had to switch from DWC to soil mid grow so we have a lot in common with our current grows. I'm watching for what's next.

Thats whats up man, ill have to come check out your grow if i havent yet, i like watching ppls grows who are using similar things to mine. thanks for subbin!

I would say go for it with the ac water in the ro system bro, no reason it wouldn't work in my honest opinion :)

AC to the RO ? Im no chemist but the theory seems fine. :)

Cool man i really dont see why it wouldn't work, every one i have run it by are no water experts either but they all seem to think it should work, cant hurt to try a few gallons out any ways.

subscribed

Glad to have you along King John c, i see your a pretty active member here so im glad to have you aboard

I watered with GH flora series aggressive veg growth phase. Each plant received .5 Liters of nutrient water.

Also i am brewing up another batch of tea brew for tomorrow. Is there a min/max number of times i should water with the tea brew in a week? i was thinking just alternating between nutrient water and tea brew every other day. Maybe give it straight water on the 7th day or something.

My clones are still alive, some of them got nutrient burn cuz i stupidly put a tiny bit of low strength nutrients in there but it was obviously to much for them, but it only burned some of them. I have since changed the aerocloner water out and replaced with r/o water but i added a small amount of cal/mag to it, was this a bad idea? will the small amount of cal/mag still be to strong and burn the plants? IF so i can just dump out the water and refil with PLAIN r/o water.

As for roots, i can see a few small white bumps starting to form on a few of the cuttings, coincidentally its on the cuttings that are nute burned :/

as for the plants they are doing good, can def tell they are kinda in shock from the transplant still, trying to adapt to the new soil home. but i do notice very small slow growth, i know that moving back to soil is really gonna slow things down but once the roots take to their new homes they should gain speed a bit.

Thanks for stoppin in pce

You know, when I switched from soil to DWC, the plants really took a while to snap out of it and start to grow. Funny thing though, when I switched the same plants back to soil, they took off like the had rockets up their asses!!

That blows man. I'm hoping the hydrogen peroxide does the trick too. Are you sure? I thought the same thing right after I used liquid karma. The roots were all brown but it was just stained from the organic stuff I was using.

Back
Top Bottom