Broken stem

Re: Broken stem :(

ah overgrow...
heard a lot about that site!
those were the perfect learning grounds i gather, a damn shame it's offline.

I've experienced that it encourages lower groth, like LST would.

I take it you tried both methods to create the 'perfect' harvest? So which one do you ultimately prefer in regards to quality/quantity, LST or Supercropping?

k, i've been noticing the odd curled-up leafe here and there... also some type of "rust", tiny spots on some leaves...
hopefully nothing serious though... she's recovered allright... that's a good girl....

For our first crop we took the plants out of the room each time to water. Anyway at 6 weeks flower we pulled them out as usual, but got kinda lazy and bonked the main cola into the reflector. Snapped the main stem about midway up.

Man talk about freaked out... my BF and I just looked at each other like .... "ohhh sh*t" ...... But we taped the break back up right away... and the plant ended up being the biggest yielder in the room. (The cola was at least 1/3 larger than it's unbroken sister sitting right next to it)

When a plant experiences damage, it is forced to use more nutrients in order to heal itself. That higher level of nutrient uptake remains after the break heals..... which = larger yield..

Peace
MC

Damaging the plant to obtain higher yields is true to some extent. Breaking the inner structure will result in fuller more vigorous growth once the plant has healed, but I advise against breaking the outer stalk of the plant. This could invite in mold or disease and may ultimately kill the plant if the wound is unable to heal. Any purposeful breaking of the plant to train it should be done carefully and NOT frequently.

When a plant experiences damage, it is forced to use more nutrients in order to heal itself. That higher level of nutrient uptake remains after the break heals..... which = larger yield..

well, that explains the fattening of her buds, i was not sure if i was seeing it correctly lol

some good news at long last
thx ms crash

any feeback on those odd curled-up leafes here and there... there's also some type of "rust", tiny spots on some leaves...

She's probably a little hungry for magnesium now that she's got the appetite of an athelete.. and the PH of the soil might be a bit off. When plants feed heavily, the PH of the medium rises .... I'd give her a shot of epsom salts and molasses in PH 6.2 water at her next feeding..

Peace
MC

whats up with this?

Progress report!!! Finally... sorry i had to keep y'all waiting for sooooooooo long but ive been hella busy wif mah music, work & stuff, so there...
Here's some update shots, this is how she looked like right before she got cut, this is around the end of january:

maryImg96.jpg

maryImg97.jpg

maryImg98.jpg

maryImg99.jpg

maryImg100.jpg

And here she is, all cut up and mutilated @ 2/2/2007 [FULL MOON]...
maryImg103.jpg

Then, after a couple a weeks of drying, i decided to put her on a pot cure
16/2:
maryImg104.jpg

maryImg105.jpg

I'm thinking i'll let one this cure out until 3/3 and then... smoke & choke report !! On a side note, it seems she never got pregnant from any hermie pollen inside the closet but rather from the breaking of the stem [STRESS] which caused some seeds to grow. There ain't a lot of 'em, i counted around +25... [I'm hoping these are femmes and they probably are!]
Check 'em out:

maryseedsImg48.jpg

maryseedsImg47.jpg

Back
Top Bottom