Coming along nicely

Flurple, I've been going over your ISO method, correct me if I have this right.

Chill the ISO. Dump either, leaf, stems, or buds into chilled ISO for 10-15 mintues, and wait till mix turns a greenish color.

My questions are.....

Do you place the shallow plate on a hot surface during this step, or wait until the the mix turns green? Or do you take the mix after the 10-15 wait, strain the chilled mix into another shallow plate, then place the strained liquid on a hot (100-120F) surface to remove the ISO?

I've been searching for step by step instructions for this process, but so far no luck.

Thanks in advance.

High OldSkoool. Flurple sounds a lot busier than my unemployed ass and as his method is the same as mine in many areas I thought I'd try to answer your questions.

When you put the pot in the cold ISO use a jar or something clear so you can see the colour. Stir or shake it around a bit and as soon as it starts going green a little bit strain it out through a coffee filter. This stuff will the best and be very stony and tasty. Add more ISO and strain the second wash into a different container. I you let the ISO get really green you'll get a better yield but way lower quality. ISO, being an alcohol, will leach out a lot of stuff you don't want in your final product. Like chlorophyll, tars and waxes. I'm doing some right now but using petroleum ether, (naphtha), that I get from distilling camp stove fuel. As a pure hydrocarbon it won't absorb any water soluble stuff from the pot and barely goes green even with heating the solvent. It still goes dark and does pick up the tars too but I'm hoping to reduce the colour and yield by adding finely powdered activated charcoal with a few hours on a magnetic stirrer before final filtering and solvent recovery.

When you put your oil/ISO mix in the plate, (a mixing bowl will work too and is harder to spill), for evaporation, it can just sit until the ISO evaporates but it takes a while. To speed it up you can have a fan blowing across it or put it on top of a pot of simmering water to heat it and speed up evaporation. Add a fan to that and the stuff is gone pretty quick. NO GAS STOVES! A hot plate outside is the best or on top of the stove with the exhaust fan on high. The oil will tend to build up along the sides but gentle stirring or swirling will wash it back in.

I use a distiller to recover most of my solvent then finish it off with the plate. Mine seems to stay liquid so I keep it warm and using a glass syringe just suck it up and put it in vials. I hear that if you keep it on the warm water bath and keep stirring the oil it will stiffen up and end up like Flurple's product so I may just try it with some of this stuff. I like the oil as it works better in my old fashioned vape. Just a hot copper dish with a jar on top so you just toss your goody on there and the oil spreads out and gives a great hit.

I hope that helps.

:peace:

hey everyone... its been a few days so ill get you all updated...

i just keep getting busier and busier, work is getting close to full time. not having to work the basement is a great relief to my brain but especially my body...

i spoke with my dad and he has worked it out to suit his needs... now that i see what he has done i dont have any argument against it. but it was just such a big change from what i had been planning for i wasnt ready to make all the changes myself and beat myself up to do it.

i was pretty worked up when i posted last time but im nice and cool now. i would say about 100$ at most was used frivalously in nutes and additives so offing an extra 7g will take care of that.

the pots are in 2 rows right against the walls... a crawl space has been trimmed out under them and it is a thin walkway if you stand, but you need to be gentle. im going to mix up the nutes and have everything ready for watering and he will take care of the rest...

OLDSKOOOL, ill get the charts up if i make em, its pretty much what is available online at advancednutrients.com with the nutrient calculator ( in the calculator options add 2 weeks for a total of 9 for bloom). select grow micro bloom feed schedule at medium dosage...i add most additives highly diluted now except for big bud, bud blood, overdrive, and final phase...... ill look into the drip setup... thanks for the suggestion, my dad would love having to do less work as much as me.

also LABRAT covered all the specifics... pretty much the first wash can soak as long as it isnt going green but with cold ISO and a thorough drenching of the bud or leaf you can drain the container 30 seconds or 2 or even 5 minutes after adding the ISO, no matter what its gonna be good (the less green the better). 2nd wash i like to just get the rest of the good stuff out. let it go a little green and get it while its still good. another 4-10 minutes of cold ISO is plenty of time to do that. i do a 3rd wash with room temp ISO and let it sit for hours... this stuff is only good for eating tho... not tasty at all with all the plant shits in it... i just heat up a spoonful of vegie oil and plop a chunk in, let it mix in for 1/2 hour and eat.

ill try to get those pics i keep promising up in the next few days...between work and my car first needing a new power steering hose and then an alternator... i am just burnt out... i also have a funeral tomorrow, my grandma passed. she was 93 so she did pretty good for a lady born in the early 1900s. we were really close so im pretty bummed that she is gone but, 93... what can i complain about, she didnt live a long enough rich enough life?

ill see you all later... again, ill work on catching up on your journals and posting those pics. gnight all

Umm, makes me wonder when my kid will be worrying about me:cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm sure you know your dad means well, I'd just post a schedule as well, and try to keep an eye on things.

I was thinking the same about my kids... knowing they think I am a total pain in the ass who just fell of the watermelon wagon

ill try to get those pics i keep promising up in the next few days...between work and my car first needing a new power steering hose and then an alternator... i am just burnt out... i also have a funeral tomorrow, my grandma passed. she was 93 so she did pretty good for a lady born in the early 1900s. we were really close so im pretty bummed that she is gone but, 93... what can i complain about, she didnt live a long enough rich enough life?

ill see you all later... again, ill work on catching up on your journals and posting those pics. gnight all

Flurple my friend, I am sorry for your loss that generation is the Greatest Generation, they saved us from world domination and their shed blood guaranteed a terrific way of life for millions and millions over the past 64 years.
May God smile down upon your family at this service
Know he has taken your grandmother back into everlasting life to be reunited with her loved ones, all of them.
May she smile down upon you all and keep the wind always at your back

LabRat, Flurple -

Thanks to both of you for clearing that up for me, it was the coffee filter vs the my assumed wire mesh fiter that would have screwed me up. For some reason, I thought the ISO just dislodged the trichs from the bud/leaf, separating rather than being disolved by the ISO. Thanks for correcting that mis conception. I think I had it mixed up with the cold water hash procedure.

Nice to have both the knowledge, and equipment to distill the camp stove fuel, but a bit above my pay grade:cheesygrinsmiley: But sound information for others with the necessary skills.

I've been filling a small sealed jar with all the reminent flakes, and trichs left over after dumping my buds on a glass table to dry during the cure. I'll let you know how it turn out! Thanks again.

I am sorry for your loss Furple...

I lost all my Grands before I was in my 20's...They almost all made it to their 80's.

You have some great genes rollin through you... make her proud!

Rest in Peace Gma Furple....

Sorry for not acknowleding your Grandmother's passing, not insensitive, your news just hit close to home. Lost my mom resently, she was 90, the two of us were the last remaining members of our family. Like your grandmother, missing their company feels like an empty void.

My deepest condolences to you, and your family.

hey everyone, i appreciate the kind words and the funeral was really nice. i got to see a bunch of new photos and hear new stories from friends and family so it was really sad but a great memorial. my aunt said it best, grandmas generation was the last one to grow up.

my sis flew in so the last few days we have been hanging out. she left over the weekend and i had a short day at work so im catching up with you all. i think tonight i will get some pics up...

the room has been in 12/12 for a few days... it got flipped just before any of the plants officially hit the ceiling... lol. its a jungle down there... ill be back later with the pics and more funny stuff to tell you all.

OOOHhh!! i just noticed, thanks for the votes my friends, NOM 3rd!!!.. hopefully ill have another entry in a few months worthy of 2nd or 1st.

hey flurple, hope your well. congrats on the NOM!

ok here are a few pics of the insanity... i would take more but i cant move anything to show you lol.

yes that shiny part is the ceiling
SDC10443.JPG

the red line is 6'
SDC10444.JPG

my dad plans to strap em to the wall but hasnt gotten around to it yet... i forgot to snap a pic of the giant stems but i will get it tonight. im off to see more family. ill see you all later merry xmas happy new year.

Back
Top Bottom